PDA

View Full Version : your top 5 synths

BloodStar
03-05-2008, 02:36 PM
been interested what synths you guys using in your tracks. no matter SW or HW, list what synths you like the most.

my fav 5:

Arp2600 - i am liking the dirtyness (analog feeling). using it mainly for arpeggiated basslines and leads. i re-discovered this one after lot of months i have it installed, but never properly used. being very impressed.

discoDSP Discovery pro - love the workflow on this one. fast forward from init patch to build the sounds i like. great filters + layer morphing possibilities.... loving it.

AlgoMusic M42 Nebula - i am loving textures you can get out of this little monster. tends to sounding too digital sometimes, but turnes to monster when some nice tube overdrive placed on top of it. outstanding synth for atmo and texture sounds,imo.

ABL2 - classic.

Sonic charge Microtonic - excellent drum synth. works pretty well together with Drumazon + nice overdrive or distortion on top of them. also nice for interesting sweeps and bleeps, tho.

RDR
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
From the analog world: Korg Monopoly
From the digital world: Kurzweil K2000
From the Virtual analog World: Nord Lead 3
From the VST world: Reason (used in rewire mode its massive)
Sraight up emulation: Korg Legacy Digital Edition. for the money its exactly the same as owning an M1 and a WAVESTATION

also ran: SY77 - FMmmmmmmmmh!

rhythmtech
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
korg legacy collection
fm8
audiorealism bassline 2.1 - new update with the pattern swing
vember audio surge
new reason thor synth in re-wire

acidsaturation
03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
My A-station. Super cool synth for a cheap price.
Electribe EA-1 - ditto, and just generally a fun bit of kit.
Virtually... Pro-52. makes amazing noises.
Maybe the minikorg, ditto all of the above, though it has it's annoyances.
And I'd have to say the Darkstar purely 'cos of how goddamn sexy the red on black looks...

RDR
04-05-2008, 08:55 AM
And I'd have to say the Darkstar purely 'cos of how goddamn sexy the red on black looks..

well it isnt gonna be the sound quality is it.

i had one... ****ing god awful synth... really really bad.

audioinjection
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
ni fm8
ni reaktor
ni massive
arturia mini moog
korg legacy collection (cant i count that as one?)

Jay Pace
05-05-2008, 09:31 PM
reason rewired. Mostly just for the subtractor. Route it through outboard for more grrrr
albino is pretty special
Never found anything else I liked particularly. Some nice reaktor based synths out there though

luisg99
06-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Im more into techno, minimal and electro.

My favs are:

NI Massive
Arturia Jupiter 8V
Cakewalk z3ta
NI Reaktor
NI Absynth

TechMouse
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
reason rewired.
Ooooh, that reminds me...

I'll start a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

maily
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
there is only one synth you'll ever need:

1 Stylophone
2 Bass Stylophone

(so i lied)

geigercounter120
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
top 5 for me (all vsts) in no order:
RGC z3ta+
NI Massive
NI Carbon 2 (Reaktor 5 ensemble - lovely filter!)
NI Kontakt (technically a sampler, but i tend to use it more like a wavetable synth...)
Rob Papen Albino 2

Louk
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
For me it's these 5

Lennar Digital Sylenth 1
DiscoDSP Discovery Pro
Novation V-Station
Spectrasonics Atmosphere
Korg Legacy Analogue Collection

Elvio Neto
12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
korg legacy collection
reason (rewire)
reaktor (vst)
v-station
albino

thetonewrecka
29-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Roland MC-202 (pretty basic monosynth ala SH-101, but the digital sequencer in it is a secret destroyer..just take the time to learn it..64th notes blasting into triplets into silent pauses while the envelopes stays open and howls..no problem. If only it could hold more than 2 tracks of data.

Flower Electronics - Little Boy Blue Double. Only a couple were made. No chips..all transistors and banana jacks..madness. The audio output is equal to a serge or buchla.

Nord Lead 2 rack. So simple and straight forward which is why it works so well in the studio and out live. Sends and receives program changes on 16th notes without even hiccupping the audio output which very few modern synths can do. Stacking sounds on the four outs is a breeze and the custom synth drum kits you can make if you have a Ram card are fantastic when mapped on an MPC for triggering.

Waldorf Pulse....powerhouse that is a great bargain. You need the "pluse" version with the filter input and CV/Gate for the creative and fun tricks that make it freak.

The Squarewave Parade - Downgrade Version 2. Ok..it's a analog sample rate reduction pedal, but has a flipswitch to force self oscillation and then the CV input takes it into squelch and belch and audio armageddon land. So great.

rhythmtech
30-05-2008, 01:10 AM
new entry into my top 5

u-he zebra 2

acidchild
04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
TB-303/x0xb0x
SH-101
DSI Evolver
SCI Pro-One
Korg Mono/Poly

278d7e64a374de26f==