PDA

View Full Version : Dark, nasty and Evil

dirty_bass
23-12-2003, 12:37 PM
A departure from my normal stuff, but a heavy work schedule has made me angry and so I have ended up making a lot of Dark stuff in the studio.
May use this one for open source recordings 001

http://www.londontechno.co.uk/Tunes/NeonRainonFire.mp3

Let me know what you think.

dan the acid man
23-12-2003, 01:47 PM
i like this, prefer it to your other releases to be honest, i love the reverb noises going on, the only thing that i didnt like was the hat pattern, i think it could do with some variation every now and then, but apart from that it was rather good :clap:

Si the Sigh
23-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Agree with Dan there! Nice track. Are you planning to release it? :eh:

professor
23-12-2003, 02:52 PM
quality!

Ritzi Lee
23-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Really mixed off properly.
I think your open high-hat can be a little more agressive.
A little bit more variation in the drum patches.
I think there is to much reverb on the sub region.

But i really like the ambient soundscapes in your track.

The Overfiend
23-12-2003, 07:52 PM
The dark side eh bass>? I like!

dirty_bass
24-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Yep, all your points are taken, cheers, I`m doing a lot more of this stuff, I got fed up with the whole dark side, from doing squat parties for so long, and I ended up looking for a bit of light. So I got stuck in the more techy/melodic/clubby techno, but dark is my roots, and I`m getting back into it now.

It`s really hard getting away from rich soundcapes and making stuff harsher sounding, but it`ll all come back to me.

Yeah, I would like to release this track, I`m gonna see if it is wanted for Open Source Recordings (I`m already doing 1 track for them), but if not, I`m gonna tout it about with some more of my dark stuff, that is going online soon.

Cheers Folks!!

DELTA9MDA
30-12-2003, 03:05 PM
i like. it has an alex katz feel to it. let us know when/ if getting released.

278d7e64a374de26f==