PDA

View Full Version : why sven vath is a cock.

rhythmtech
05-05-2008, 09:10 PM
went to see him play in berlin's watergate club. well, actually went to see konrad black but sven was headlining.

anyway sven is meant to be playing from 3 to 6 with konrad on after him.. so after being bored silly by sven for an hour we went back to the hotel for drinks and smoke.
got back to the club at about 4:55 - just in time for the start of konrad's set.

3 hours later and vath is STILL fuking playing!!
somebody asked around with promoters and we were told konrad hadnt turned up.. bugger that, we went home.

the missus then send konrad a mail about. gets a reply that he was actually there but sven "decided" that he wanted to play all night.

wonder if the promoters would refund me? :wink:

eyeswithoutaface
05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
that's amazing

audioinjection
05-05-2008, 10:39 PM
geezuz.....

MARK ANXIOUS
06-05-2008, 05:01 AM
mate, you're a good guy eh hehehe, BUT you don't the full story. perhaps the promoters asked him if he could play for longer?????? perhaps konrad actually lied to you????? or perhaps konrad's been told that by a guy who didnt know what really went off... man, this is what sucks about the net, rumours, you just never know the full story, someone posts their opinion and bam, everyone agrees like a load of sheep. post a story like this and everyone is like 'yeah sven sucks' but you JUST DONT KNOW. how can anybody really know what went on??

akkkkkkkkk maybe i had a bad day hahahah :)

aphex_hn
06-05-2008, 07:50 AM
http://www.theshrine.de/
svenmachine

JamieBall
06-05-2008, 11:00 AM
mate, you're a good guy eh hehehe, BUT you don't the full story. perhaps the promoters asked him if he could play for longer?????? perhaps konrad actually lied to you????? or perhaps konrad's been told that by a guy who didnt know what really went off... man, this is what sucks about the net, rumours, you just never know the full story, someone posts their opinion and bam, everyone agrees like a load of sheep. post a story like this and everyone is like 'yeah sven sucks' but you JUST DONT KNOW. how can anybody really know what went on??

I agree.

Thought this when I read it, too.

Plus, you have to bear in mind that although maybe it wasn't your cup of tea perhaps other people in there were positively messing their shorts at the thought of more tunes from the inimitable Mr Vath.

Personally, his music is very much "NOT MY BAG, BABY" but clearly I'm either missing something and/or other people just like different stuff to me. Keeps things diverse, I guess.

Although I'm not his biggest fan, it seems odd that he can be hated on for what MAY have been just him doing his job, ya know ? (however unlikely this may appear to be, ya just never know)

And yes, the net sucks lol - EVERYONE has an opinion, eh ? Not that they ain't entitled of course, but stick some meat on them bones before ya expect others to chow down...

Endless ruminations 'bout incomplete situations, init.

JamieBall
06-05-2008, 11:00 AM

5:01 AM ? Bad NIGHT, no ? haha

rhythmtech
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
well there's more to the story that i didnt want to post on the net.

so just take it from me that a. konrad was there and b. sven "decided" he wanted to play all night.

Tiptoe
06-05-2008, 01:26 PM
If you didn't want to post the whole story why post at all? no point just putting up half a story..............

TechMouse
06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
well there's more to the story that i didnt want to post on the net.

so just take it from me that a. konrad was there and b. sven "decided" he wanted to play all night.
So what?

Did Konrad not get paid?

If that's the case then fair enough, he should be pissed off.

But ultimately, if a massive name Techno DJ says to a promoter, "actually, I fancy doing another couple of hours, is that OK?" then I can quite understand the promoter being all for it.

force
06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
What about the people who paid to see/hear Konrad?

teknorich
06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
That's exactly what I thought! Yeah, Sven is a big name etc etc, but there were undoubtedly people who wanted to see Konrad Black play, and it is not a matter of "getting a better deal" if you see a more expensive DJ play for longer. Personally, I'd be p*ssed off with any promotor who thought it was okay to chop and change the lineup there and then, when people are already in the club, having paid their money.

Numeric
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
word, sven's been shit for years anyway

TechMouse
06-05-2008, 02:47 PM
What about the people who paid to see/hear Konrad?
It's a tough break, I agree.

I'm just saying I can imagine that a promoter might make that choice.

And Mark is quite right, the internet rumour mill is a fickle beast at the best of times.

rhythmtech
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
It's a tough break, I agree.

I'm just saying I can imagine that a promoter might make that choice.

And Mark is quite right, the internet rumour mill is a fickle beast at the best of times.

well i paid to see konrad - no interest in sven.

and this isnt a romuor mill. its fact. i was there. i saw what happened. and ive a mail from konrad to the girlfriend.

like i said there were other factors involved that im not gonna talk about online.. sniff sniff.

TechMouse
06-05-2008, 03:06 PM
There are three sides to every story mate.

RDR
06-05-2008, 03:12 PM
We all know that sven likes co....

oh misread the thread title.

rhythmtech
06-05-2008, 03:12 PM
i hear ye

http://www.djscene.lt/images/graphic/img_1194209112.jpg

koma
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
sven married his long time g/f few months back
on thailand or somewhere like that
richie was his best man

i guess he had a good night at the decks that night, eh...

Darkmode
06-05-2008, 10:48 PM

I agree with you about the sheep on the message boards Mark I posted up a mix on DJ Mag's forum & someone said they found the chopping & cutting in my mix annoying then loads of people followed suite saying the same thing what the 1st person had said about it. The whole thing reminded me of The Asch conformity experiments. But saying that they did say it was a good mix which isn't too bad.

Check out this link about The Asch conformity experiments I learn about it when I was doing Psychology at College years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments

mattboyslim
07-05-2008, 10:13 AM
what about people that went to see Tim Wright and instead had to settle for 4 hours of Mr Seavers, eh Mark!? ;-)

TechMouse
07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
what about people that went to see Tim Wright and instead had to settle for 4 hours of Mr Seavers, eh Mark!? ;-)
:lol:

Bargain if you ask me.

Tim was wicked though, eh?

acidguru
07-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I guess he must´ve had about 6 bottles of champagne plus lots of cocaine,then got outta control and probably just forgot that he wasn´t the only one to perform..

RDR
07-05-2008, 11:34 AM

Spare a thought for his Mrs.... I do.

regularly. :lol:

TechMouse
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Spare a thought for his Mrs.... I do.

regularly. :lol:
Do you use your left hand or your right hand for that?

rhythmtech
07-05-2008, 11:44 AM

on the video he sent me it was both.

RDR

Gosh no, I use your dads,

rhythmtech
svenmachine

magic!!! :lol:

RDR
07-05-2008, 11:46 AM
magic!!! :lol:

Its not magic you simple buffoon its computers, and FYI cameras do NOT steal a portion of your soul.

rhythmtech
07-05-2008, 12:17 PM
thats what "they" tell you...

mattboyslim
07-05-2008, 10:45 PM
:lol:

Bargain if you ask me.

Tim was wicked though, eh?
only caught 10 mins as had to return the car to the missus :-(

the 10 mins i heard was good though!

TechMouse
08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
only caught 10 mins as had to return the car to the missus :-(

the 10 mins i heard was good though!
Nothing good comes of driving to BluePrint.

djfilthmonger
08-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Sven Vath rocks, not a fan of his mixing but his over all set usually does the job.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/djfilthmonger1/CIMG1540.jpg

rhythmtech
08-05-2008, 01:56 PM
ahh good old toilet graffati!!!!

mattboyslim
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Nothing good comes of driving to BluePrint.yeah i know I crashed her car into a bollard in the Spar car park!

thank **** the bumpers are made of cheese

TechMouse
09-05-2008, 10:18 AM
yeah i know I crashed her car into a bollard in the Spar car park!
Another win for the wisdom of Wevie de Creppon.

There's a bollard... and another one...

davethedrummer
12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
svenmachine

now thats funny

278d7e64a374de26f==