View Full Version : yes!

Jay Pace
06-05-2008, 03:04 PM
next version of traktor scratch works with ableton

About time! Perfect setup ahoy ahoy

DVNT
06-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Eh? Please explain.

Why would you need Traktor if you have Ableton?

rhythmtech
06-05-2008, 03:15 PM
because, like with ms pinky, you can still play decks with your real vinyl and mp3s (using the coded vinyl) and add your own loops over it and midi files. aswell as being able to take advantge of vst fx.

the possiblities for a dj are enormous - im definitly gonna look into this myself - i tried ms pinky and it was amazing, just too buggy to use live.

keep us updated jay

Jay Pace
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
In a nutshell - it gives you more perfomance options.

You can play 2-3 hours switching between live, dj, a mix of both.

More options = good.

DVNT
07-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I see. Traktor Scratch is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

TechMouse
07-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Just my view obviously...

Having made the jump to Ableton, I don't know why you'd want to complicate things with vinyl. If you're doing an Ableton set and you have time to mix in records then you're not doing enough live stuff.

Yes, of course, it's the sound that matters, most of the crowd don't give a shit, blah blah blah usual anti-chinstroking rant, yawn etc. But embracing technology means just that. If you're just using Ableton to replace record decks then you're missing a trick.

DVNT
07-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I still need to waggle some extra stuff from Ableghey. I assume you are now an expert Mark? ;)

TechMouse
07-05-2008, 01:59 PM
I still need to waggle some extra stuff from Ableghey. I assume you are now an expert Mark? ;)
Yes, I now know all there is to know.

Go on, ask me anything.

RDR
07-05-2008, 02:03 PM

Go on, ask me anything.

Can you give me a guaranteed 30% off my car insurance renewal?

DVNT
07-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Go on, ask me anything.

How can I beat Richie Hawtin in a minimal standoff using only my MacBook and a handful of FLAC Dubstep tunes?

DVNT
07-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Actually, you can check your gmail ;) and then show me how to effectively use my Ableton.

This will involve physical interaction and Cyder/Gin

TechMouse
07-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Can you give me a guaranteed 30% off my car insurance renewal?
No.

How can I beat Richie Hawtin in a minimal standoff using only my MacBook and a handful of FLAC Dubstep tunes?
Stand perfectly still and stare at his haircut.

Less is more, he'll appreciate that better than most.

DVNT
07-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I've noticed he is now sporting my look in beards. I think he wants to be me.

TechMouse
07-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I've noticed he is now sporting my look in beards. I think he wants to be me.
He's probably envious of your Mantis download stats.

DVNT
07-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Good good.

rhythmtech
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Just my view obviously...

Having made the jump to Ableton, I don't know why you'd want to complicate things with vinyl. If you're doing an Ableton set and you have time to mix in records then you're not doing enough live stuff.

Yes, of course, it's the sound that matters, most of the crowd don't give a shit, blah blah blah usual anti-chinstroking rant, yawn etc. But embracing technology means just that. If you're just using Ableton to replace record decks then you're missing a trick.

because its fun :biggrin: and because its possible and because the very thought makes me hard in my panties (ive got one of her cotton thongs on.. much sexier than lace - lolita technologies.. might add white ankle socks later.. )

need i go on?

RDR
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
because its fun :biggrin: and because its possible and because the very thought makes me hard in my panties (ive got one of her cotton thongs on.. much sexier than lace - lolita technologies.. might add white ankle socks later.. )

need i go on?

Please.

Dont.

278d7e64a374de26f==