PDA

View Full Version : Which mixer

gumpy green
23-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I will be buying myself a couple of new toys asap... 1- either a drum machine(most likley) or groove box....need summin with on board (drum) sounds.......

But when i do i will need a proper mixer(ive been using my dj one now and ther isnt enuf channels). Here a couple ive been looking into.

1- Yamaha MG16/6 FX 16 Input, 4 Bus Mixing Console With Inbuilt Digital FX

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stoc...6FX&context=WEB

2- Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-pro. Ultra Low-Noise Design 24-Input 4-Bus Mic/Line Mixer with Premium IMP Mic Preamplifiers and 24-Bit Multi-FX Processor

http://www.behringer.com/UB2442FX/index.cfm?lang=eng

Whatta techys think about them????is ther any others youd reccomend???????

Right now im most likely to go with the UB2442Fx...

Any help appreciated.

MARKEG
23-12-2003, 04:27 PM
definitely NOT a beringer. urgh. horrible products.

if you want a mixer there is only one i'd recommend for techno :)

mackie 1604 VLZ

professor
23-12-2003, 04:44 PM
I guess I wonder what soft sequencer your using (if any) and whether or not you want control of your soft sequencer from the mixer.

If you want control of a soft sequencer I think Mackie is the way to go. Other than that, I've heard that Yamaha is very good.

EmotionComplex
23-12-2003, 04:59 PM
definitely NOT a beringer. urgh. horrible products.

if you want a mixer there is only one i'd recommend for techno :)

mackie 1604 VLZ

looks at his little berhinger mixer... :cry: :lol:

gumpy green
23-12-2003, 05:42 PM
cheers for the feeback....

BTW Professor- Its not software im using its hardware....

Had alook into that mackie 1604 VLZ Mark but to be honest its gonna prove too expensive to buy that aswell as my drum machine.. quite fancy the jomox x base 09 for tha drums....ther meant to be really good.

Ive actually heard good things about the berhinger mixers...what do you think about yours emotioncomplex????

DJZeMig_L
23-12-2003, 05:53 PM
M8... 1 word... yamaha!

:rambo:

Behringher :dontevengothere: and :doh:

they r cheap but believe me U only get exactly what u paid, i.e. cheap performance!

Z

messyfuture
23-12-2003, 05:57 PM
the 1604 is a dear mixer to buy new, if u look hard u can pick a second hand one up quite cheap, i got one a couple of months ago to seperate my 909 sounds out. I payed £380 for mine, it was a year old and in reallly good nick.
look on www.soundonsound.com in the readers ads (thats where i found mine) or on www.loot.com
;)

EmotionComplex
23-12-2003, 06:02 PM
cheers for the feeback....

BTW Professor- Its not software im using its hardware....

Had alook into that mackie 1604 VLZ Mark but to be honest its gonna prove too expensive to buy that aswell as my drum machine.. quite fancy the jomox x base 09 for tha drums....ther meant to be really good.

Ive actually heard good things about the berhinger mixers...what do you think about yours emotioncomplex????

well mate ive only just started out trying to do stuff on a higher level myself so i got my mixer as a cheap solution while im learning, mackie desks seem the way to go but granted expesnive, i will look into one maybe at the end of next year, i think it all depends if you want to get everything now or build up, i was on a budget of 2 grand and needed monitors, new synth,mixer and cables etc so got my mixer as a simple way of sourcing my synths into my pc and pc to my monitors and not knowing a great deal about mixers etc i decided id just get something that would do the job for now.

it sounds ok to me for now (but i woudnt touch the eq on it) but no doubt a pro mackie desk will sound imensley sweeter and provide better routing options etc.
if you have the money for a mackie availible now it may be a good idea to get it but if not the one your planning on getting now is fine to use until you feel like you need to upgrade imo :)

EmotionComplex
23-12-2003, 06:07 PM
M8... 1 word... yamaha!

:rambo:

Behringher :dontevengothere: and :doh:

they r cheap but believe me U only get exactly what u paid, i.e. cheap performance!

Z

yeah a yamaha would be the better option, dont bother with any of this onobard effects rubish either, if the mixers quite cheap your guaranteed the effects will be also

MARKEG
23-12-2003, 06:28 PM
sorry ec, i really hate behringer. the sound quality of their products is bloody awful. whether it's mixers, effects, compressors whatever, definitely not something i'd recommend to anyone serious about this (and i know you r). i'd get better noise out of my ass (which incidentaly is pretty awful in the morning).

ok, you can't afford the mackie new. either get a second hand one as recommended or go for the yamaha (but you WILL have to upgrade sooner than you would had you got the mackie)

hell i've had my mackie for about 6 years and i still love it.

*kisses his mackie and fondles its low cut buttons*

EmotionComplex
23-12-2003, 06:49 PM
sorry ec, i really hate behringer. the sound quality of their products is bloody awful. whether it's mixers, effects, compressors whatever, definitely not something i'd recommend to anyone serious about this (and i know you r). i'd get better noise out of my ass (which incidentaly is pretty awful in the morning).

ok, you can't afford the mackie new. either get a second hand one as recommended or go for the yamaha (but you WILL have to upgrade sooner than you would had you got the mackie)

hell i've had my mackie for about 6 years and i still love it.

*kisses his mackie and fondles its low cut buttons*

lol fair play man, no doubt in 6-8 months time i will be saying the same, ive had a few people telling me about the mackie desks recently and now im understanding the benefits of having one i think i will be investing in the near future :)

gumpy green
23-12-2003, 10:27 PM
yeh i hear what your saying. Better to just wait and get quality gear instead of going for the cheap option now..... I wish i did that with my turntables (i bought crappy belt drives etc only to have to buy technics and good mixer). Wouldve saved money and got the good setup quiker.

I will prob wait off just now and save or if i spot a good second hand deal i may go for that.

Cheers for the help(altho now ive gotta wait to get my stuff...booooohoo ;) )

Ritzi Lee
28-12-2003, 01:07 PM
here's a good alternative if you want a PHAT mackie mixer with onboard effects!

http://www.mackie.com/products/cfx16/index.html

FILTERZ
06-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Mackie have started a sister company called tapco that are now doing slightly less expensive mixers, monitors and stuff they are built to the same standards as mackie stuff using mackie technology so are probably quite good and may be within your budget, as for drum machine buy an Electron Machine Drum, the best drum machine on the planet EVER yes better than an 808 or 909 by about a million miles, yes you can tell that i like this machine a lot , its god, bye now :twisted:

EmotionComplex
06-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Mackie have started a sister company called tapco that are now doing slightly less expensive mixers, monitors and stuff they are built to the same standards as mackie stuff using mackie technology so are probably quite good and may be within your budget, as for drum machine buy an Electron Machine Drum, the best drum machine on the planet EVER yes better than an 808 or 909 by about a million miles, yes you can tell that i like this machine a lot , its god, bye now :twisted:

those electrons sound bloody good dont they :twisted:

DJZeMig_L
06-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Very wise words from FILTERZ... electron is brilliant!

Z

FILTERZ
06-01-2004, 02:20 PM
they sound amazing yes indeed ,my one is slightly poorly though at the moment (power supply) :cry:

Mattias Fridell (emb)
09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Yep, it´s like Mark said; buy a mixer from Mackie. Behringer is shit.
I´ve got a SR24-4 from Mackie and that mixer is a real killer.

gumpy green
24-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Yep, it´s like Mark said; buy a mixer from Mackie. Behringer is shit.
I´ve got a SR24-4 from Mackie and that mixer is a real killer.

just did......ordered the Mackie 1604VLZ....

managed to find it for the great price of £787.25 + 12.50 delivery. MAGIC.

Cheers for putting me in the RIGHT direction folks...

My studio can now come together properlly, not through a dj mixer which means all 3 boxes can be use at the same time aswell as my deks....waht a lot of noise im gonna make now. :lol: :lol: :!:

slavestudios
01-02-2004, 03:49 AM
have to disagree about the Mackie. used one several times & did not like it one bit. i dig Spirit desks big time :lol:

as for Behringer being shit, i cant agree. ive several U of Behringer outboard & its been flawless. colorless limiting & great control.

but, horses for courses i guess ;)

at the same time, i aint recomending anything, just throwin my opinions out there

Basil Rush
01-02-2004, 10:16 PM
I had a composer pro once, it trashed things!

278d7e64a374de26f==