PDA

View Full Version : Production E-book

fitzoyo
09-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi, ive had the idea for sometime of writing an ebook to share some of the knowledge and techniques ive picked up over the years working in studios, on projects and in education. Was intending for this to be more aimed at beginners to intermediate producers and focusing on studio set-ups and techniques of recording live acts but also on computer music productions. Before i begin though id like to gather any suggestions of certain things people would like to see in this sort of book, especailly anythin they think is lacking from other books and guides of this sort.

RDR
09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats a great idea! Will it be avilable commercially or for free?

Here's a few ideas. With it being an e-book there's no reason why you couldnt link to youtube videos which could give more visual help. The basics are often covered but not very well. Wiring up an XLR cable, setting up a patchbay, EQ and Compression advice but with practical examples.

ritaheed
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
really good idea mate - the problems a had when starting out was connecting my hardware up with my soundcard (wasnt sure how to go about doin it with a few bits of hardware and only so many ins and outs)....so a would deffinately say tht should be covered.....

stjohn
11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
setting up a patchbay

ooo i would love to know how to do that

supergroover
12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
explaining through a commercially available song how that track is actually produced. Why and how they did things to get it the way it is. Explain everything that has been done to get the track to make it sound as it sounds. The why and how are important here.

RDR
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
ooo i would love to know how to do that

its not hard rory, its all about 'normalling'

a patchbay is really just a method of not damaging the jacks on trhe back of your kit and making it accessable from the front.

There are two different types of patchbay BTW A and B.. B is Bantam type cabling if memory serves me, commonly used in larger studios as they are smaller in form and can be fit into a smaller space.

stjohn
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
ill be giving it a shot within tthe next year or two once the equipment builds up.
id say it can get messy

278d7e64a374de26f==