09-05-2008, 09:08 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/electric-city/may15.jpg

Electric City
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Thursday May 15th at Wax:

Ben Klock [BPitch Control / Berghain - Berlin]
Jay Galligan [Electric City]

Admission - e10 / e8 members

Surprisingly, Ben Klock released his first record 10 years ago and he's been DJing for much longer than that. With all the hype about Panorama Bar & Berghain, it's easy to forget that Ben has form and history. Releases through the years on WMF, BPitch Control, Memo and the Berghain-affiliated label Ostgut Tontrager have ensured Ben subscribes to the quality not quantity theory. In his DJ sets Ben Klock is aiming at creating an atmosphere that is based on a deep sound, accumulating over long phases into something euphoric in order to explode at the end: euphoria with a rough bass.

In his own words: "Even a party atmosphere where hands are up in the air should include a certain class and a deep undertone. My sound spectrum graps everything from dry and hearty minimal beats to a hard-opening rave orgasm. I like to combine old tracks - may it be Chicago, Detroit or European dance music - with new ones."

Bens musical roots are manifold. As a kid he already started playing the piano and recorded his first studio sets on his keyboard. Later on he played in a rock band (vocals, guitar) and listened to a lot of different musical styles. What drives him most is to explore new sounds? "For me the electronic music movement and all the new sound worlds of the 90's were like a liberation after the musically rather superficial and poppy 80ies. The experience of the club culture in Berlin after the wall came down affected me very strongly."

Being a Berlin based DJ in the 90's, Ben Klock got known through his gigs at Tresor, WMF and Cookies. Since the opening of the legendary club Berghain he has since been a regular DJ and there finds the freedom to go for more rougher, harsher sounds. "Berghain is a place that perfectly keeps the idea of a big and excessive techno night and at the same time serves as a showcase for new things. I really like that club a lot and its not a secret anymore that Berlin has become the centre of the electronic music scene worldwide, I think."

One of the best DJs in the world right now, resident atone of the most exciting clubs, we are Ryan Giggs-ically excited to have him come rock down the house of Wax. www.myspace.com/benklock

First up this Thursday is self-confessed-klock-addict Jay Galligan. It's not often we get mails from our residents asking us to play before certain guests but Jay got in there before we had even signed the contract [they are still waiting - Contract Ed] so how could we say no? Here's what will be rolling down his leg until Benny Idol takes over:

[apnea 20] tadeo - cosmos remixes
[love 040] mlz - dark days (modern love, 2007)
[Decal artifacts] Decal-LittleRemixesPart1
[wagon repair 037] adam beyer and mathew jonson - the big dipper (2008)
[vidab 05.5]gowentgone - remixes - 2008
[Sandwell district] kalon - born against
par grindvik - continuate
[semantica] vladislav delay & andy stott - recovery idea remixes
[Rush hour]Yuro & Trago - Primary Roots
[Technotronic] 2562 - Techno Dread

As we extend our hearty congratulations and best wishes to the mighty Manchester United on their victory and as they go Juan Atkins-like off to battle in Moscow, so must we offer congratulations to Giles Armstrong & The Punishers who took the Electric City Fantasy Football crown and lucrative pot of 20 euros. For those prepared to put their money where their football knowledge was, the Electricityship has been a hard-fought league. Papa Armstrong has been out in the lead for much of the season but a valiant attempt by the nomadic Lunar Disko-er Andy Doyle and his 11 Angry Men almost paid dividends and he came in a mere 16 points behind. Taking the Arsenal mantle in 3rd place was Andreas Baader with his team of La Fidanzata dItalia. Poor Derby Cahill at the bottom - better luck next year in League 1, mon ami. Truly the most exciting fantasy football league in the world right now - join in next August and put your 20euro on the line. Otherwise, there's the League of Fairies where you can play for fun, Olympian values and other such nonsense. Now - off to Moscow.

EC Season
.................................................. ...........
Electric City
Thursdays @ Wax
Powerscourt Townhouse
Sth William Street. Dublin 2.
Doors 11 until late
Music: Minimal / Italo / Techno
Membership at www.electricity-dublin.com e3.50 Drinks Deals : Bottle of Prazsky / Pint of Amstel / Druids Glen Apple / Druids Glen Pear / Druids Glen Mixed Berry / Druids Glen Star Fruit / Druids Glen Pommegranate & Raspberry / Vockova Vodka & Dash of Redbull / VK Ice / VK Blue / VK Orange/Tequila Shots / Sambuca Shots
Thursday May 22 - e6 / Free with flyer before 12

Niall Power [Electric Circus - Waterford]
Paudi Ahern [Electronic Ireland]
Rian Ryan [Electric City]

May 29 - e6 / Free with flyer before 12

Rory St John - Live [Man Trap Recordings]
Dave Anderson [Ferox Records - Ballyfermot]
Giles Armstrong [Electric City]
To subscribe to the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

278d7e64a374de26f==