PDA

View Full Version : midi controllers and ableton

Jay Pace
10-05-2008, 01:46 AM
hola

if I want to control EQ with a midi pot, is there any way specifying how the midi pot controls the eq I have designated it to?

Have set up tri band EQ on ableton, only there doesn't seem to be a way to get the pot to centre at 0db

Also, any way to adjust the lameness of the built in crossfader? I hate the curve setup...

Cheers

jp

TechMouse
12-05-2008, 10:39 AM
hola

if I want to control EQ with a midi pot, is there any way specifying how the midi pot controls the eq I have designated it to?

Have set up tri band EQ on ableton, only there doesn't seem to be a way to get the pot to centre at 0db

Also, any way to adjust the lameness of the built in crossfader? I hate the curve setup...

Cheers

jp

I can only seem to get it so that 0db is the maximum... which is what you want really. You should always cut EQ - never boost.

RDR
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I can only seem to get it so that 0db is the maximum... which is what you want really. You should always cut EQ - never boost.

You can boost if you like... you just have to be aware of the consequences ;)

the X-fader is NOT adjustable on 6.. dunno about 7...

I dont think you can adjust the centering on the EQ 3 either...

best be Jay is to head on over the www.ableton.com and look on the forums.

stjohn
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
You should always cut EQ - never boost.

i think boosting is a little secret on its own. used very sparingly on something like group busses and the results are great IMO.

278d7e64a374de26f==