PDA

View Full Version : laptop spec for serato scratch

ritaheed
13-05-2008, 09:40 AM
alrite.... maybe this has been posted before but gonna ask anyways...

anyone know if serato scratch is compatible with vista?? on the spec bit it says it will run with XP but no mention of vista...

also would 1 gig of memory, 1.66ghz core 2 duo be nice and smooth to run serato??

cheers

rhythmtech
13-05-2008, 09:50 AM
alrite.... maybe this has been posted before but gonna ask anyways...

anyone know if serato scratch is compatible with vista?? on the spec bit it says it will run with XP but no mention of vista...

also would 1 gig of memory, 1.66ghz core 2 duo be nice and smooth to run serato??

cheers

dunno if its compatible but if you're gonna run vista you'll need 2gb memory at the very least (as the os uses nearly 1 gig by its self)

if you have the option go for xp pro (sp3) with the 3gb switch enabled. i just upgraded my dektop to this yesterday and its smooth as silk. runs nice and fast too.

ritaheed
13-05-2008, 10:16 AM
dunno if its compatible but if you're gonna run vista you'll need 2gb memory at the very least (as the os uses nearly 1 gig by its self)

if you have the option go for xp pro (sp3) with the 3gb switch enabled. i just upgraded my dektop to this yesterday and its smooth as silk. runs nice and fast too.

cheers mate but can u explain 3gb switch enabled and what is (sp3)

ave got a healthy lappy for production but its vista run.... vista basically annoys the hell out of me - always probs with somethin.... is it easy enough to uninstall vista and install xp ??

rhythmtech
13-05-2008, 10:25 AM
certain OEM laptops wont let you run xp - some will. check the manufac's website and see if its possible.

the 3gb switch is a line you add to the boot.ini in certain versions of windows (xp pro BUT not home, winows server and a few more) to let applications utilise 3gig of ram (if you have 3 gig physically installed) - usually they can only use 2(ish)

sp3 is the lates windows xp update - it apparently, in testing, gave a 10% performance gain - ive yet to see this but it is somewhat faster and smoother.

ritaheed
13-05-2008, 10:29 AM
sound mate....

JamieBall
04-06-2008, 11:00 AM
sp3 is the lates windows xp update - it apparently, in testing, gave a 10% performance gain - ive yet to see this but it is somewhat faster and smoother.

perhaps, say, 10 or so percent faster ? ;-)

Dunno about vista and serato, I'd downgrade to XP and just run a serato shell though, s'what I do and I run on 0 latency :-)

278d7e64a374de26f==