PDA

View Full Version : CL final

Will
16-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure who I want to win this, who people want to win/think will win?

nick_anarchy
16-05-2008, 05:39 PM
whos in it .....

Numeric
16-05-2008, 06:13 PM
gonna be a tough game for United

Chelsea could were lucky to beat us at the Bridge when we performed badly so as long as we put in a good performance i reckon we'll be ok

djfase
16-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Cannot call.

LittleMinx
17-05-2008, 10:15 AM
hard to say tbh

Will
17-05-2008, 03:09 PM
whos in it .....

Arsenal v Liverpool

digitalboy
17-05-2008, 03:11 PM
go on Man U

Will
17-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Why Man U?

Will
17-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I prefer Grant to Fergie, but I respect United more, though I dislike them pretty equally, Ashley Cole must die and I hate Lumpard and Terry, though I also dislike Ronaldo and Hargreaves... Hopefully Gary Neville won't be involved... Decisions, decisions! Who to support!

United won the title the past two seasons so I don't want them to do too well...

nick_anarchy
17-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Arsenal v Liverpool

hmmm tuff 1 then

nick_anarchy
17-05-2008, 03:52 PM
its goin to be one hard game to decide on

i mean if we play like we can , we can win no problems ... but again if we play like we did the other week chelsea will walk over us ...

its all about his starting 11 we have to play 4.4.2 rooney & tevez , thank god vidic is fit !!

Numeric
17-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Why Man U?

not everyone's an ABU

djfase
17-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Funny how there are so many stories of both teams players moving.

Whats going on?

The 2 best teams in europe and the media are saying the top players wanna leave?

fatcollective
19-05-2008, 09:30 AM
think united will win, although its gonna be a tough game, i just think united will have more confidence on the night and i cant see chelsea beating us twice on the run, it just does'nt happen!

DJ RE:HAB
19-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Chelsea i reckon will win..

It will be a case of can we have the ball back please for United.

Back to reality though.

I reckon it will be a zzzzzzzz boring game like the FA Cup. Either side to scared to commit. Chelsea will nick it though i reckon.

Reckon Drogba will get on the scoresheet aswell now that vidic has accused him of diving **state the obvious**. I wonder if he questions cristianos platoon wannabe dives.

Chelsea 2-1.. Winners.

Numeric
19-05-2008, 11:03 AM
as long as United play a strong midfield we'll be fine, Hargreaves is a must to start

19-05-2008, 11:11 AM
as long as United play a strong midfield we'll be fine, Hargreaves is a must to start

Yep will be an interesting midfield battle.

Essien holding, Ballack and Fat Frank. Ballack and Essien might just nick it ahead of United but Hargreaves will be pivotal.

Scholesy will have to keep his head in that midfield, and maybe not take any risque challanges in the first 20 mins as we all know he cant tackle to save his life, an early booking for him could be detrimental to uniteds midfield task

I think joe cole will play a big part when hes on his game like ronaldo he can turn defender with ease if he performs and ronaldo gets the space he needs to run @ players then it should be a massive game.

Looking forward to it all honesty.. Hopefully it will be a good game not a snorefest. Its the last football of the English Premier League Season so hoping both teams perform well.

Numeric
19-05-2008, 01:33 PM
i'd throw Anderson in to help deal with the Chelsea midfield but Sir will probably go for Carrick instead

doubt the game will be a snore fest

Numeric
19-05-2008, 01:36 PM
word is UEFA have confirmed that referee Lubos Michel will take charge of the game

he's the ref who awarded the highly-controversial goal to Liverpool against Chelsea in the semi-final back in 2005

basslinejunkie
19-05-2008, 01:36 PM
hopefully a huge meteor falls from the sky wiping out all 22 players on the pitch,then nobody wins.

19-05-2008, 03:36 PM
hopefully a huge meteor falls from the sky wiping out all 22 players on the pitch,then nobody wins.

There will be no big screens put up for the mancs and the victory parade (if they win) will not take place through the city centre coz of the grief the rangers fans caused.

:lol:

Or so they say its coz of the rangers fans, i think its more to do with 10% of United Fans coming from Manchester and the rest being outside manchester and the majority being in China and Asia :lol: .

If they had a parade it would probs look weak compared to liverpools in 2005 (1 Million Fans). Thats probably the reason why they aint having one (if they win it). Too embaressing.:lol:

And it would be a mission and a half for the all those die hard manc fans to get plane tickets to fly across and seem them bring home the cup.

If they get beat on Wednesday the streets of manchester will be empty on Thursday. If they win.......... The Streets of Manchester will be empty of Thursday.

Numeric
19-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Or so they say its coz of the rangers fans, i think its more to do with 10% of United Fans coming from Manchester and the rest being outside manchester and the majority being in China and Asia :lol: .

If they had a parade it would probs look weak compared to liverpools in 2005 (1 Million Fans). Thats probably the reason why they aint having one (if they win it). Too embaressing.:lol:

And it would be a mission and a half for the all those die hard manc fans to get plane tickets to fly across and seem them bring home the cup.

If they get beat on Wednesday the streets of manchester will be empty on Thursday. If they win.......... The Streets of Manchester will be empty of Thursday.

take note

http://www.antiquark.com/entropyzone/wallpaper/no_bullshit.jpg

19-05-2008, 04:07 PM
take note

http://www.antiquark.com/entropyzone/wallpaper/no_bullshit.jpg

19-05-2008, 04:10 PM
There is some truth in what i said though

Parade banned after soccer violence

2 days ago
Manchester United fans would miss out on a home-coming celebration should they win the European Cup after officials banned any parade.

The controversial decision comes 48 hours after an orgy of violence by Rangers fans following their Uefa Cup defeat in the city.

But a row broke out over the decision as the city council blamed the football club and Greater Manchester Police.

A spokeswoman said: "Manchester City Council met with police and made it quite clear this was a decision for Manchester United FC and GMP. The city council has made no decision about the parade."

Calls were not returned by GMP following the council statement.
Meanwhile, plans for a victory parade in west London if Chelsea win the Champions' League final have been put on hold. The club and Hammersmith & Fulham council have not been able to agree a suitable date for the event. A spokesman for the council said Chelsea turned down the option of a victory parade on the Sunday immediately after the final.

Councillor Nicholas Botterill, cabinet member for environment said: "We hope Chelsea FC win on Wednesday and if they do it would be a fantastic achievement for the club and for London as a whole. It would be only right to celebrate one of the biggest prizes in world sport with a victory parade.

"Therefore we are extremely disappointed that Chelsea seem reluctant to hold the celebration on the Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday when fans from all across London could enjoy the occasion.

Numeric
19-05-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah man i knew the first part of the post was alright, just the rest that was bullshit :)

Will
19-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I hope United win it, thinking about it, but I have a feeling Chelsea will do it, especially after Vidic's comments, Drogba will probably get a brace now and Ronaldo probably won't turn up.

Numeric
19-05-2008, 05:16 PM
yeah dunno what Vidic was thinkin makin them comments, there's no point

Aratron
19-05-2008, 05:31 PM
going to be a Chelsea win, no doubt in my mind.

Abramovich is a Russian Jewish gangster. Those officials who run the game linesmen, referee will be on a nice bonus for fixing this game you can be sure.

The whole event this year was designed for Chelsea to win in Moscow, pretty obvious really.

nick_anarchy
19-05-2008, 05:53 PM
i just hope its a good game , after the FA cup final last season it makes you think every time we play chelsea

Aratron
19-05-2008, 07:25 PM
i just hope its a good game , after the FA cup final last season it makes you think every time we play chelsea

face it the Russian Mafia are extremely powerful. People's lives and families are at stake here.

nick_anarchy
19-05-2008, 09:40 PM
face it the Russian Mafia are extremely powerful. People's lives and families are at stake here.

we could do with luke chadwick back then to scare them off with his ugly looks

Aratron
19-05-2008, 10:07 PM
we could do with luke chadwick back then to scare them off with his ugly looks

need to play a perfect game and score about four goals

Aratron
19-05-2008, 10:07 PM
i hope man utd win. i hate that Russian crook.

20-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Man United and Chelsea have failed to sell there allocation of seats for the Final The Times is reporting.

LMAO.

The Best Supported Club. LOL.

Even a strippers t*ts are better supported than the mancs.

Supposedly the biggest club in the world. Liverpool got 40,000 + fans to dortmund in 2001 45,000 to Istanbul and then near enough half the same amount to Athens. Ticket prices for these events were extortinate, the tickets for this final are face value.

If united cant get rid of there allocation of tickets under what criteria are they the biggest club in the world?

Numeric
20-05-2008, 10:33 AM
don't think those reports mean anything tbh

and in any case you can't blame people for not wanting to go over there, was a stupid idea to hold the final in Moscow in the first place

fatcollective
20-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Man United and Chelsea have failed to sell there allocation of seats for the Final The Times is reporting.

LMAO.

Supposedly the biggest club in the world. Liverpool got 40,000 + fans to dortmund in 2001 45,000 to Istanbul and then near enough half the same amount to Athens. Ticket prices for these events were extortinate, the tickets for this final are face value.

If united cant get rid of there allocation of tickets under what criteria are they the biggest club in the world?

i take it you went to see liverpool in the final then?

if united were playing in greece or turkey i would have gone, Moscow have proved a little difficult and a little expensive for me! the russina authorities are being very strict....its bollox to be honest!

20-05-2008, 11:51 AM
i take it you went to see liverpool in the final then?

if united were playing in greece or turkey i would have gone, Moscow have proved a little difficult and a little expensive for me! the russina authorities are being very strict....its bollox to be honest!

I cant understand why all these fans are saying there being strict when not one fan has set foot in Russia yet. There letting you off with Visa's, the only thing that may of been mentioned is the drinking out and about the town.

I did try and get a loan to cover me to go the final but got rejected, i know various mates who went who could get a loan and they spent £2500 + some people even more. So now we have united fans moaning about the cost of tickets and the trip.

Its irrelevant really were this game is played its your biggest game in 9 years, if it were on the moon it should be sold out, talk of hostile police (without being there) and the price of flights (Istanbul & Athens were extortinate) is just excuses.

Its a shame it aint sold out, imagine if the corporate section had not used up so much??

Id say it comes down to loyalty if im honest...

Mind you its not alot of tickets there saying 500 + so in fairness its not like its thousands, but it could of been.

C.O.Prodigy
20-05-2008, 11:57 AM

I'll take that bet... *get's a fiver out of his wallet*

Numeric
20-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I cant understand why all these fans are saying there being strict when not one fan has set foot in Russia yet.

they were interviewing fans in Russia on Sky Sports News this mornin

20-05-2008, 12:43 PM
they were interviewing fans in Russia on Sky Sports News this mornin
]

ooooops...

In any case Russia has much a right to hold this event as any other country i spose.

Its a Major European City. And as much as people moan about it being expensive, London is probably as just as expensive.

Numeric
20-05-2008, 01:02 PM
UEFA are to blame as much as anyone, have you seen the state of the pitch? disgrace

20-05-2008, 01:17 PM
UEFA are to blame as much as anyone, have you seen the state of the pitch? disgrace

They are a shambles Uefa. After what happened in Athens last year, they couldnt orgainse a p*ss up in a brewery the pitch doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

i only hope that there is no trouble, coz that platini is it ive read that hes well cheddered about the the final being an all english affair as he thinks as do the italian and spanish leagues that the english game is boring. Hes the one trying to enforce the cap on foreign players in the english game.

Apparently him and uefa are becoming jealous at the premier league and think we dont deserve it.

Which if there were any trouble would suit uefa to slap a ban on english teams competing in the CL.

Will
20-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Only if it's in the ground, I don't think they'd be too quick to ban us, didn't Maggie T suggest it last time? Otherwise they probably wouldn't have had the balls.

nick_anarchy
20-05-2008, 04:52 PM

LMAO.

i was offered 4 tickets to go moscow but said no for the fact of where it is ! the amount of season ticket holders who dont want to travel there is unreal !! its not the fact of " we cant sell them " its thye fact of where it is and we dont want the trouble etc unloike your superclub liverpool who only go over for trouble and the rest ......

20-05-2008, 04:56 PM
i was offered 4 tickets to go moscow but said no for the fact of where it is ! the amount of season ticket holders who dont want to travel there is unreal !! its not the fact of " we cant sell them " its thye fact of where it is and we dont want the trouble etc unloike your superclub liverpool who only go over for trouble and the rest ......

I doubt the russians want the bad publicity themselves though nick. Infact they will probably try and avoid it @ all costs.

@ the end of the day, it is a sketchy place Russia, but i can think of worse s*itholes were football is played and were people live. I spose if you go with the ethos that is, if we dont cause any grief then we wont get any back then everything should be ok. I think if am right it was United Fans who were charging the barrier @ Roma when the trouble first flared and fans chucking cups of piss @ the police etc. But all in all it goes for any sets of fans, ours, yours and Rangers last week, go there with a good attitude and you will be treated right.

Ok it may be russia granted but it is in Europe and it is a capital Moscow and it can hardly been more expensive than what London is.

Stil surprised that it aint sold out..

nick_anarchy
20-05-2008, 05:14 PM
if court in the center smokin , u can be sent to jail haha

Numeric
21-05-2008, 10:13 AM
reasons why the neutral should support United tonight :)

* United have undoubtedly been the most impressive team in currently the finest league in Europe so they are already - in theory at least - the best in the business. That this should be rewarded with the actual trophy seems in some way The Way It Should Be

* They do have some likeable players - namely Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Carlos Tevez - whom it is actually quite tricky to wish ill upon.

* Paul Scholes is one of the lingering remnants of a time before bling and it would warm most cockles to see him achieve what he missed in 1999.

* They're the only thing standing between John Terry and the Champions League trophy.

* Peter Kenyon.

* Ronaldo may well bugger off to Real Madrid if they win, believing he's achieved everything he can with ManYoo.

* In Lyon, Roma and Barcelona they have beaten three of the best teams in France, Spain and Italy while Chelsea have only had to face England's fourth-best side and the finest football Greece and Turkey has to offer. There's definitely a theory building that United have earned one final triumph.

* It might stop Clive Tyldesley mentioning "that night in Barcelona".

* For all of Ronaldo's faults...he's not Didier Drogba.

* The closer ManYoo get to 'five times' the more Liverpool fans will be getting worried. And there's little that's more entertaining than a defensive Scouser.

21-05-2008, 10:16 AM
if court in the center smokin , u can be sent to jail haha

There are probably rules already in place though, its not like they have been put into place for the fans? Just as we have a smoking ban here some other countries you dont.

Youd be miffed as many people in manchester were if you get aled up fans coming into your country and completely disrespecting the law.

Its there law so you have to abide by it i spose.

21-05-2008, 10:19 AM

* United have undoubtedly been the most impressive team in currently the finest league in Europe so they are already - in theory at least - the best in the business. That this should be rewarded with the actual trophy seems in some way The Way It Should Be

* They do have some likeable players - namely Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Carlos Tevez - whom it is actually quite tricky to wish ill upon.

* Paul Scholes is one of the lingering remnants of a time before bling and it would warm most cockles to see him achieve what he missed in 1999.

* They're the only thing standing between John Terry and the Champions League trophy.

* Peter Kenyon.

* Ronaldo may well bugger off to Real Madrid if they win, believing he's achieved everything he can with ManYoo.

* In Lyon, Roma and Barcelona they have beaten three of the best teams in France, Spain and Italy while Chelsea have only had to face England's fourth-best side and the finest football Greece and Turkey has to offer. There's definitely a theory building that United have earned one final triumph.

* The closer ManYoo get to 'five times' the more Liverpool fans will be getting worried. And there's little that's more entertaining than a defensive Scouser.

The only one i agree with is Scholes and Clive Tyldesley comment

fatcollective
21-05-2008, 10:40 AM
well the big day is here, im really looking forward to tonight, hope it gonna be a great game, hope theres no trouble and i hope united are victorious!

http://www.reminiscethis.co.uk/munich1.jpg

Keep the faith!!

Numeric
21-05-2008, 10:58 AM
i'm feelin anxious already, got all faith in the team though, sir has been in fine form, the press conference yesterday was quality

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7411775.stm

"I love you all, I've come to spread peace,"

LittleMinx
21-05-2008, 11:56 AM
well i was really looking forward to the match till the BF told me his mates were coming round, so i started a row and then he had a go at me, so i told him not to bring his mates, lol, pissed me right off last time all they done was talk thru it, and his mate brought his misses round with him and she kept chattin to me, i wont be having no talking going on 2nite i tell you LOL

sorry rant over :lol: :lol:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!:biggrin:

Esox Lucius
21-05-2008, 11:57 AM
dodgy as **** the russian police, they will be trying to bribe english fans. i can defo see some shit going off.

Will
21-05-2008, 01:03 PM

* Peter Kenyon.

Disagree with 1
I only like Tevez of those 3
Don't care about Scholes
Agree about Terry
not too bothered about kenyon
Be nice if Ronaldo went I suppose, but who knows if he will - it's a risk!
Liverpool are better than any of the teams Man U have played, Barca are only scary on paper and the other 2 aren't scary at all.
it'd probably be replaced with "that night in moscow", so no better
I like drogba more
They'd be further ahead of Arsenal, so not a good thing

Numeric
21-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Liverpool are better than any of the teams Man U have played

:lol: you're only sayin that because they beat your Arsenal, just goes to show how shit your team are really

Athar
21-05-2008, 02:24 PM
im a big fan of liverpool but if im with man u tonight

fatcollective
21-05-2008, 04:43 PM
well im off home now.....may the best team win.. (ahem United!!)

i got a feeling its gonna be rooneys night!

:yup:

21-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Good Luck Both Teams

Even though it pains me to say it

May the best team win!!

Lets hope its a great game of footy and the fans are well behaved..

xes
21-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Well,congratulations manU,that's the double. I'm glad Chelsea and Arsenal won **** all this season :cool:

Aratron
21-05-2008, 11:13 PM
what a match.

Man Utd deserved the win.

Drogba - wot a baby:lol:

Wot happened to Rooney?? seriously?

fatcollective
21-05-2008, 11:18 PM
come on, fvckin well buzzing....all the doubters...fvck you!!!

glory glory man united, glory glory man united!!!

:smile:

nick_anarchy
21-05-2008, 11:37 PM
er another double sorry didnt hear you .....................

ANOTHER DOUBLE !!!

avit !!!!!

Richierush
22-05-2008, 12:15 AM
was a decent game glad mancs won felt abit for terry,rooney was shit wasnt happy gettin taken off,ronaldo wasnt great either free header for his goal cause essien didnt even bother to challenge

C.O.Prodigy
22-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Drogba - wot a baby:lol:

yup

cost them the title, like zidan did for france...

vidic was great all night, cristiano showed something abouth himself with the penalty miss...

well done, utd are champions again.. worthy ones at that

djfase
22-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Decent game and one so had to call. Nothing between the teams at all.

Perhaps the better team on the night didnt win but the best over the season did.

Vidic? Immense

xes
22-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Right,need chelsea loosing in the cup final jokes please :)

Aratron
22-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Terry crying like a baby at the end. what a loser.

LittleMinx
22-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Im still shaking from watching the match last nite, that was the worst thing ever, was so intense watching the pen's when Renaldo missed his pen i thought it was over for us, i had tears flowing already, i was on edge till the very end, but boy i woke up every person in bristol after :yup: :lol: :lol:

CHAMPIONS AGAIN

And how nice was it to see Drog get sent off, and Franky Lamp all i can say to him is " you fell over " LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bigsmile:

Athar
22-05-2008, 08:54 AM
superb night, great match, it was a real batlle over the 120 min,
both teams had a chance to win, to be honest chelsea was a bit closer to do that,
but you have to be good to be lucky and man united won !!!!

:wicked:

Glory Man United and respect for all the players for amazin spectacle.

cheer: cheer: cheer: cheer: cheer: cheer: cheer:

lukekendall
22-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Well,congratulations manU,that's the double. I'm glad Chelsea and Arsenal won **** all this season :cool:

ha ha yeah innit!!!

LittleMinx
22-05-2008, 09:14 AM
ha ha yeah innit!!!

x 2 :lol:

22-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Yep Well Done United

Was a great game to watch a match of two halves definately.

Thought chelsea deserved it overall, Post, Crossbar. Then Terry slips, dear o dear.
Felt sorry for him really, but @ least he had the balls to go up and take it though no shame in that.

Ronaldo amazing in the first half, non existent in the 2nd as was Uniteds perfomance. I dont think chelsea turned up first half. Granted there goal was lucky but United were more lucky with the post and crossbar saving them.

I do think after thinking about the season and taking into account injuries and watching last nights game that chelsea are stronger than United after last nights match, and it makes me think how the league would of ended up if Chelsea had not lost so many important players to injury through the season. They were crap the first half but got it together the 2nd half and from there on in i dont think United looked like scoring until Giggs fluffed shot.

Chelsea should feel hard done by this season.

Man of the Match for me was a close one between the Post & The Crossbar. I think the post though as it was pivotal in swinging the game round in Uniteds favour in the Peno Shootout.

Great Football tho, a good specatacle to watch for the neutral.

United Fans shouldnt get to aquainted to that Cup though as it has to go back next year.

Unlike ours, which is still in the Trophy Cabinet.

I wonder why that is.

Well done though.

Numeric
22-05-2008, 09:59 AM
what a game, i thought we were finished in the penalty shoot out when Cristiano missed

United should have been two or three goals up by half-time, much the better side in the first half, and very unlucky to concede, Chelsea bossed it in the second, shown great strength, yeah they hit the wood work but in fairness they would have been out of the game if United had put away their chances

Carrick shown yet again that he wilts against strong opposition, what was he playin at for the Lampard goal? he sleep walks his way through games, the chance that he had he squandered also, good save from Cech but Carrick should have buried it

22-05-2008, 10:06 AM
what a game, i thought we were finished in the penalty shoot out when Cristiano missed

United should have been two or three goals up by half-time, much the better side in the first half, and very unlucky to concede, Chelsea bossed it in the second, shown great strength, yeah they hit the wood work but in fairness they would have been out of the game if United had put away their chances

Carrick shown yet again that he wilts against strong opposition, what was he playin at for the Lampard goal? he sleep walks his way through games, the chance that he had he squandered also, good save from Cech but Carrick should have buried it

Vidic was immense last night, quality player. Rooney was poor all night.

Im seriously doubting that lads ability now, granted he works hard ill give him that.

He was world class player when he was younger now i dont rate him at all. In fairness to the lad hes been playing out of position but that performace last night and some this season have been woeful at best.

Esox Lucius
22-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Yep Well Done United

Unlike ours, which is still in the Trophy Cabinet.

I wonder why that is.

a reminder of when you were a big club?

Numeric
22-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Vidic was immense last night, quality player. Rooney was poor all night.

Im seriously doubting that lads ability now, granted he works hard ill give him that.

He was world class player when he was younger now i dont rate him at all. In fairness to the lad hes been playing out of position but that performace last night and some this season have been woeful at best.

Rooney had a poor game, aye

Vidic was class, as was Wes and Evra, Rio was solid too

Cristiano had a good first half but then struggled

22-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Made me laugh last night.

Tydlesley saying that only 2 teams have come from behind to win the Champions League? United 1999 & Barca 2006.

I think he must of realised that Liverpool were in there, but as with all CL Games they dont like to give Kudos to Rivals when playing.

So they missed out Liverpool in 2005.

On another note they need to get rid of David Pleat.

He must be the worse commentator around, i think hes got alzheimers or something called Lampard - Redknapp last night and is constantly getting players names mixed and genereally spouting s*it...

DJCraig Ryan
22-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Thought Chelsea smashed them! Defintley on play and possesion anyway. Their midfield controlled it.

What is Ronaldo doing with those penalties when he stalls?? Way too much of a pause, he needs to sort that.

Yea Rooney was terrible...he actually looked out of his depth

Esox Lucius
22-05-2008, 10:55 AM
the birkenhead drug industry is on hold till the afternoon :roflmao: no one is up yet or too hungover :hmmm:

Numeric
22-05-2008, 11:03 AM
took proper time to get into work this mornin, all the roads were packed, everyone goin in late

Numeric
22-05-2008, 11:05 AM
http://images.football365.com/08/05/240/Fergie-trophy_888588.jpg

:)

fatcollective
22-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Rooney had a poor game, aye

Vidic was class, as was Wes and Evra, Rio was solid too

Cristiano had a good first half but then struggled

i think rooney needs to change his position to central midfield, its not working out for him as a striker at the moment. some of his passing last night was of the highest order, he works hard, gets stuck in, but aint scoring...lets see if a bit of a rest will sort it out!

Numeric
22-05-2008, 11:18 AM
i agree that Rooney looked a bit out of sorts, which has happened a lot recently, but last night he was up against probably the best team we could have faced in the final, as you say he played some killer balls and worked very hard, but we do need goals from him

see how he goes next season though, with any luck he'll make a good start and stay injury free

22-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I think in all honesty hes not the world class player he once was.

I think aswell with Ronaldo and Tevez now there hes feeling the heat now..

A question for you mancs

With all this revenue from the CL win.

Would you dare part with Rooney for a World Class out and out Striker...

Numeric
22-05-2008, 11:42 AM
we don't need to part with Rooney, there's been talk of a world class striker for time

Berbatov is a possibility

we got Manucho who looked class in the African Cup of Nations, he's scored a few for Panathinaikos apparently, be interesting to see how he fares

22-05-2008, 12:36 PM
we don't need to part with Rooney, there's been talk of a world class striker for time

Berbatov is a possibility

we got Manucho who looked class in the African Cup of Nations, he's scored a few for Panathinaikos apparently, be interesting to see how he fares

I see Ronaldo commited himself to Man United last night to the world.

And then afterwards in a press conference un committed himself from Man Utd.

Yer i see were your coming from, but someone will be benched... Rooney Berbatov

Or Berbatov - Tevez:eek:

Numeric
22-05-2008, 12:47 PM
there's enough games in the season to keep three big name forwards happy at United, plus there's always injuries to contend with

what did Cristiano say in the press conference?

22-05-2008, 12:58 PM
there's enough games in the season to keep three big name forwards happy at United, plus there's always injuries to contend with

what did Cristiano say in the press conference?

Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to promise that he will still be at Manchester United next season - despite making that pledge immediately after the Champions League final.

Speaking moments after United triumphed in a penalty shoot-out that saw the forward miss his kick, Ronaldo declared: "I am going to stay - there's no way I'm leaving. I feel so happy. This is the happiest day of my life.

"This means everything to me. Yet when I missed my penalty, it was the worst day of my life - I thought we were going to lose."

However, less than an hour later, the Portuguese star was non-committal about his future. "I don't promise nothing, I don't promise nothing to my mum, I don't promise nothing to the supporters," he told reporters.

"I want to stay, but the future...no-one knows. I want to stay. We are going to see in the next two weeks, I don't say I make a decision."

Ronaldo is just one year into a five-year contract at United.

Read into what you will.

Numeric
22-05-2008, 01:22 PM
see what happens then innit, i still can't see him gettin off though, anywhere else is a step down now

BloodStar
22-05-2008, 02:02 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2243/2513288700_52b6c9532f.jpg

:D

BloodStar
22-05-2008, 02:15 PM
^^^^^ didnt see this in other thread. sorry for double posting..

nice game anyway. funny moments in OT, when Drogba sent off. also pretty bad match for rooney, tho.

well done Utd!

22-05-2008, 02:35 PM
^^^^^ didnt see this in other thread. sorry for double posting..

nice game anyway. funny moments in OT, when Drogba sent off. also pretty bad match for rooney, tho.

well done Utd!

Thinking back to last night, Hargreaves should of been sent off..

Did anybody else see him shove the referee in the back when that kick off happened... The linesman blatantly did and got in between him i was surprised he never went. Ive never seen him (hargreaves) so animated in the game, constantly moaning and swearing @ the ref.

Mind you they were all @ it, i bet brian barwick was made up to be sitting next to his Uefa Bumchums and watching the 2 top teams in English Football chase round after the referee, push him and give him abuse... Another example of how abusing referees started and ended with the mascherano incident.:confused:

Numeric
22-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Mascherano was well worse

C.O.Prodigy
22-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Ive never seen him (hargreaves) so animated in the game, constantly moaning and swearing @ the ref.

Yeah.. and...

..the penalty Owen took was the best of the lot. Pure class, german like penalty, Cech had no chance. Awesome performance by him.

fatcollective
22-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to promise that he will still be at Manchester United next season - despite making that pledge immediately after the Champions League final.

Speaking moments after United triumphed in a penalty shoot-out that saw the forward miss his kick, Ronaldo declared: "I am going to stay - there's no way I'm leaving. I feel so happy. This is the happiest day of my life.

"This means everything to me. Yet when I missed my penalty, it was the worst day of my life - I thought we were going to lose."

However, less than an hour later, the Portuguese star was non-committal about his future. "I don't promise nothing, I don't promise nothing to my mum, I don't promise nothing to the supporters," he told reporters.

"I want to stay, but the future...no-one knows. I want to stay. We are going to see in the next two weeks, I don't say I make a decision."

Ronaldo is just one year into a five-year contract at United.

Read into what you will.

hes fvckin shit anyway, cant even score a penalty...portagese tosser hehehe!!

22-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Mascherano was well worse

I reckon shoving a referee in the back is worse than giving him a bit of jip.

CP > Yer it was a class penalty. He still shoved the ref in the back though which is out of order.

Thought him getting whacked in the nose was a corker though...:lol:

By all accounts though i heard the party was still going on @ 7am this morning in the Hotel.

Whats the bets Rio sorted out the prozzys even one for that muppet charlton and dished out the beak in true ferdinand style...

No wonder the party was still goin @ 7am...:lol:

The players were probably only just gettin round to there 2nd roastin session.

While wayne was shaftin Bobby Charltons wife while eating a Fray Bentos Pie in the Kitchen.

basslinejunkie
22-05-2008, 02:56 PM
feel bit sory for chavski actually.they batterd the mancs everywhere.then terry slipped for the pen.

BloodStar
22-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Thinking back to last night, Hargreaves should of been sent off..

Did anybody else see him shove the referee in the back when that kick off happened...

didnt notice that. anyway, Joe cole behaves like mad on every whistle. I've never liked him, so nothing changed.

fatcollective
22-05-2008, 03:28 PM
feel bit sory for chavski actually.they batterd the mancs everywhere.then terry slipped for the pen.

well chelsea have been doing that all season, playing shit and nicking it at the end!

Numeric
22-05-2008, 03:57 PM

if United had put their chances away in the first half there would have been no way back for Chelsea

22-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Anything can happen in football though.

So you cant be sure

nick_anarchy
22-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Thought Chelsea smashed them! Defintley on play and possesion anyway. Their midfield controlled it.

What is Ronaldo doing with those penalties when he stalls?? Way too much of a pause, he needs to sort that.

Yea Rooney was terrible...he actually looked out of his depth

did you even see the possesion stats after the game ??? utd 58% so how can they smash us ? they battered us 2nd half , injury time utd played better and it was more than even .. so where this "smashed" comes from i dont know .... kopite i guess ?

nick_anarchy
22-05-2008, 05:06 PM
a reminder of when you were a big club?

na its just something they can hold on to for now they cant say anything else seeing as they have never won the premership blah blah blah

tho geting to the semi's is good for liverpool i mean what a season they have had !!! 4th is like top for them

Will
23-05-2008, 03:45 PM
:lol: you're only sayin that because they beat your Arsenal, just goes to show how shit your team are really

They beat barca recently, and got to the final more recently. in fact they have much better record in the competition than man u, both recently and historically.

Will
23-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Terry crying like a baby at the end. what a loser.

Haha, did any of the other players cry?

Numeric
23-05-2008, 03:54 PM
they're a good cup team, nothing more

but that's more than can be said for Arsenal, no one ever took your poor excuse of a title challenge seriously

23-05-2008, 04:34 PM
they're a good cup team, nothing more

but that's more than can be said for Arsenal, no one ever took your poor excuse of a title challenge seriously

True we did beat barca more comfortably than United dispatched them, when they were performing better also..

However dont expect any mancs to give us credit for that.

Aye we are good in the Champions League and Most Cups.

A realistic title challange is some way off yet but we are still closing the gap.

Its difficult though when you have teams like United and Chelsea who buy themselves the premiership.

United were lucky against chelsea any proper United fan will tell you the same. As were Liverpool in 2005. Dudeks Miracle save off the line from Shevchenko was nothing short of that a miracle, better than the post or the crossbar though.

Im sure if you ask the neutral though the Istanbul Final was better than the Uniteds and Chelsea.

Plus i spose Liverpools and Rafas cup triumph there was more of an achievement taking into account the amount of s*it players he had @ his disposal, compared the £20 + Million Players Fergie & Avram reached the final with. I mean it would be wrong not to reach the final wouldnt it?

djfase
23-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Chelsea bought the leagure fella and would never be there if for the russian.

Utd generated their own cash over the years and are entitled to spend what they generate.

Arsenal will be the same in a few years with 60000 a week at games and the football they play.

Liverpool should have generated alot of money but cannot seem to as no one is interested in the shite they play. Though to be fair they have looked good at times this season. Having torres as helped. Not so many long balls.

Utd and chelsea are 2 very different sides of wealthy clubs. One built it, the other bought it.

nick_anarchy
23-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Its difficult though when you have teams like United and Chelsea who buy themselves the premiership.

haha buy the league this is a new 1 tipical kopite comment seeing as they can only finish 4th !!

so if a team buys new players and wins the league , they are buying the league ? is this your point then ? so cos liverpool paid how ever much for torres , they baught 4th place & a CL place then so everton deserved it more cos they dont have as much money as you haha

so when our players age we should kep them to please u , so we dont get comments like this !! Chelsea have tried to buy everything not utd !!

so cos Real want Ronaldo and said 100m could be offered ( tho he aint goin ) does that mean Real are Ruud off us did that mean they tried to buy the league last season ?

you can make stupid comments up like that about any team

pfft

Will
24-05-2008, 02:36 PM
so when our players age we should kep them to please u

haha, that'd please me too in a way, though I look forward to Giggs not getting a new contract for a start.

Will
24-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Laurent Blanc was class at united though, I'd like to see more of that.

nick_anarchy
24-05-2008, 06:16 PM
haha

nick_anarchy
24-05-2008, 06:17 PM
shame innit ..... i think we will go any buy the premership , Cl , FA cup and carling cup for next season then seeing as we cant seem to win any of them

278d7e64a374de26f==