PDA

View Full Version : Why...

DannyBlack
16-05-2008, 11:05 PM
... is it so quiet in here? and why do i feel like a gobshite for posting so much in here?

djfilthmonger
17-05-2008, 01:36 PM
because you have sand in ur vagina and you have to go to glenn wilson in june.

Siege
18-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, its been very quiet in here for a bit now....whats happened to the moderators in here?....they still alive or what?

DannyBlack
18-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Its just so bloody quiet! there used to be mental busy in here! The tunes that are comin are top notch, still though- life please!

stjohn
18-05-2008, 06:36 PM
my thesis is in in 11 days!! then ill be milling through the tunes :)

DannyBlack
18-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Ah, one is a student? What you studying matey?

stjohn
18-05-2008, 07:29 PM
nothing at the moment!! :)

supposed to be studying music and media technology.

just cant get motivated for the final stretch

DannyBlack
18-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Just think about the long term mate, motivation is a f*cker but it has to be done!!

Elvio Neto
22-05-2008, 08:52 PM
... is it so quiet in here? and why do i feel like a gobshite for posting so much in here?

maybe becouse nobody give feedback about the posted tracks anymore...

many people use this (and other) forums like a audio source

maybe if the admins change the rules here this stops...

dont get me wrong but if this was my forum this is the first things i change:

1º - only registered users can see the forum

2º - only people with more them 50 or 100 posts can access to production files zone

3º accounts with 0 posts get deleted

4º (maybe) get a host to production files , with options to stream only or stream and download

ORIS
22-05-2008, 08:55 PM

dont get me wrong but if this was my forum this is the first things i change:

1º - only registered users can see the forum

2º - only people with more them 50 or 100 posts can access to production files zone

3º accounts with 0 posts get deleted

4º (maybe) get a host to production files , with options to stream only or stream and download

blatantly.

Jay Pace
11-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Somehow I can't see that. Given that all anyone needs to do to get commercial releases is open up soulseek and download, I can't see people trawling through BOA production forums and exploiting up and coming producers by downloading their work in progress. Much as I'd love to imagine that all my WIPs were snatched up by thousands of people who didn't want to buy the commercial release, I know thats not the case.

I like this forum because you can get feedback from other producers on work in progress, and that can be pretty hard to come by otherwise.

There are some really talented producers here and its great to keep track on what they are doing, and I've heard some class stuff over the years that shites all over a lot of big commercial releases. The feedback aspect is key to this place though IMO. For that to happen people have to want to give it, and the feedback has to be useful to the producers to make them want to share their work.

All I can think of to make this better is getting a better system in place to let people upload their tracks onto a server and provide direct access links, make it as easy as possible for people to download and listen, and encourage feedback as much as possible.

DannyBlack
11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Ah I was just having a whinge that day- Ignore.

278d7e64a374de26f==