PDA

View Full Version : Sven Goran Eriksson considers Mexico offer

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Mexicans play with such passion and without fear, I love watching them. Would be great theoretically if this offer were to be accepted.

Sven Goran Eriksson considers Mexico offer (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2Fmai n.jhtml%3Fxml%3D%2Fsport%2F2008%2F05%2F15%2Fufnsve n115.xml&ei=VjU9SNeLM42owQHgpfzGAw&usg=AFQjCNF-EeZeFDCgemcbToUSRjvsNukifA&sig2=xa8WmrXn4e3Hhia3lnyjVQ)

Mexico Defender Carlos Salcido Reckons Sven-Goran Eriksson Faces A Tough Job If He Takes Up Coaching Role With El-Tri (http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/mexican-defender-carlos-salcido-admits-s-5510479.html)

Numeric
28-05-2008, 12:20 PM
surely Sven could still get a job at a decent European club

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2008, 12:56 PM
surely Sven could still get a job at a decent European club

is that the point?

I think that he could win it with the Mexicanos, they can beat everybody... it seems it takes a superhuman effort from Argentina every time to put them out lately

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2008, 01:11 PM
somebody edit my last post pls...

instead of everybody put anybody... the retard in my was typing

Numeric
28-05-2008, 02:15 PM
just can't see him goin over there personally, he's said in the past that he prefers club management

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2008, 02:28 PM
just can't see him goin over there personally, he's said in the past that he prefers club management

Prolly true...thanks for the insight

It was just a mouthwatering prospect for his talents to advance and to mix with the Mexicano style which I admire - free flowing football - maybe we get goals like gomis scored :)

Andres Guardado who plays for Derportivo La Coruna would excel with such a strong manager.

but you're right probably unrealistic scenario - but brilliant for football fans, I think

Numeric
28-05-2008, 03:11 PM
i haven't seen much of Mexico over recent years if i'm honest, the South American World Cup qualifiers are on Sky Sports over the summer though, will give me opportunity to check them out :)

Numeric
02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
word is Sven's been sacked as City boss, and is expected to fly out to Mexico for talks to become their national coach

Mark Hughes is expected to take over at City, apparently

C.O.Prodigy
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
word is Sven's been sacked as City boss, and is expected to fly out to Mexico for talks to become their national coach

Mark Hughes is expected to take over at City, apparently

Woohooooo!

Looking forward to this, hopefully some great footy will come of it.

Finally some good news, cheers Numeric.

Will
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Sven's not exactly renowned for playing good football though, is he? The football England played under him was wank.

C.O.Prodigy
02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Sven's not exactly renowned for playing good football though, is he? The football England played under him was wank.

Lazio played great, won the Seria A with him in charge, but England played wank under him I agree, dunno what was that all about. Man city played well, and Mexico isn't exactly famous for playing catanacio (defensive style of play), Mexicanos will play the same way they always play I hope only with the added edge of focus and experience Eriksson brings to the picture. Should be positive for Mexico, didn't work out that way for England I agree.

SlavikSvensk
02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
hope he takes the sweden job when lagerback retires

C.O.Prodigy
03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
hope he takes the sweden job when lagerback retires

I liked it when sweden had two coaches, that was the best, played well too.

Sven would be a good fit for the Swedes.

278d7e64a374de26f==