PDA

View Full Version : Kinematic [Melodic-Detroitish-Techy stuff]

antonbanks
03-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Here's something new I've been working on. I'm happy with how it turned out except for the fact that my levels still sound really low. I've spent a fair amount of time messing with the compression to get this to sound louder but this is the best I know how to do. Any feedback (or help!) would be greatly appreciated.

Kinematic [2008, Tech-house, 4:55min, 3.94Mb] (http://www.antonbanks.com/audio/test_tracks/kinematic_loqual_v1.0.mp3)

Thanks in advance,

Anton

DannyBlack
04-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Thats a really interesting track man, lovelly chord progressions sweet melody running through it too. My only recommendation would be to bring that kick out some more. Nice work mate.

antonbanks
05-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Any suggestions as to how? This is a recurring problem that I run into with just about every track that I attempt. I already turned up the kicks relative to everything else but I still just can't seem to get the bottom end to stand out enough without making the song sound silly or distorted. I tried compressing those channels then bringing the levels up a bit but it didn't sound right to me. I've also turned up the low end in the eq for the kicks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the feedback.

-Anton

PS- If it helps, I'm using Cubase with a bunch of plug-ins from KVR audio.

DannyBlack
05-06-2008, 08:05 AM
What I do is layer 2 sometimes 3 different type of kicks. I use my first kind of sub bassy kind of kick to get a really chucnky fat sound and the layer on a really defined punchy kick- then sometimes the third kick which I have just started putting a touch of reverb on. Give that a blast matey.

BloodStar
06-06-2008, 05:52 PM
hi man, i am liking the track. it has nicely deep minimalistic feel. nice synth work as it goes. i am enjoying it.

production part of thing,i would give bit more energy into some driving sound in low mid region. now, there is nice bass playing, but i can imagine some driving BPed drum/perc loop with bit of crunch on top or some nice punchy kick to complete drive of track.
inspiring stuff..

278d7e64a374de26f==