PDA

View Full Version : acid techno tracks that dont have a real 303

rhythmtech
06-06-2008, 12:46 PM
actually sounds like it was made on a real 303 unlike most of the bullshit produced these days

aratrons comment got me thinking earlier. who would actually know the differance between a real 303, software or a hardware emulator when its within the context of a full track?

heres one for you

ant & ddr - acid techno all the time (original mix) - ddr's 303 was broken so they did it on propellorheads re-birth.

Athar
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
i think most of acid tracks released today is by d16 phoscyon or audiorealism bassline and its something wrong ?
they sounding real good but to be honest nottin beat real tb 303 (devilfish!)

Electrictribe
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
scot project - u done on a super bass station

wasn't higher state done with a mc202? or am i imagining that? sure i remember reading that somewhere.

Aratron
06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
ant & ddr - acid techno all the time (original mix) - ddr's 303 was broken so they did it on propellorheads re-birth.

you can tell. i always thought that track was rather flat. imo. never knew what the fuss was about.
difference between a fine Single Malt and a Mixed Blend Scotch.
To any old asshole they can't tell the difference, to a connisseur, a world of difference.
which one are you?

People_Mover
06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Aratron, I must say that's a very provocative statement - what about those among us who appreciate the output of, rather than the input to, any work of art? If it rocks your World, what difference does it make how it was produced?

rhythmtech
06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
well he's got his chance to put his money where his mouth is in the 303acid test thread.. if he doesnt come good we all get to laugh at him and call him a girl.

Aratron
06-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Aratron, I must say that's a very provocative statement - what about those among us who appreciate the output of, rather than the input to, any work of art? If it rocks your World, what difference does it make how it was produced?

yes mate of course, sorry for being so crass.

bad day at the office:ohdear:

pat_mcgerkin
07-06-2008, 04:38 AM
you can tell. i always thought that track was rather flat. imo. never knew what the fuss was about.
difference between a fine Single Malt and a Mixed Blend Scotch.
To any old asshole they can't tell the difference, to a connisseur, a world of difference.
which one are you?

:lol: you thought that Cortex tune on Scythe Squadron sounded like it was made on a 303 - which one does that make you?

acidchild
09-06-2008, 08:18 AM
wasn't higher state done with a mc202? or am i imagining that? sure i remember reading that somewhere.

No. It's just a distorted 303.

dan the acid man
09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
scot project - u done on a super bass station

think he just used an mc202 for some of the sequencing

Si the Sigh
09-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Tasha Killer Pussies - Hoover Baby - Bag Inc

PM Drummer for old skool synth detatils.

DannyBlack
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM

A plague on your household.

djfilthmonger
22-06-2008, 05:00 PM

Agreed,
End result is wat matters,
its like vinyal djs and laptop djs,
who really cares wat is be used aslong as the end result is rocking.

278d7e64a374de26f==