PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Level Chase

Siege
08-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Trk i did last year....might need a tweak here n there?

http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/10569/DT_ACF366365909243.mp3

rhythmtech
08-06-2008, 10:38 AM
this is a wikid tune C!!!

sounds are all beautifully produced.

i would only change 1 thing. i think the 4/4 kick kills the funkiness of it. i'd personally get rid and try a break beat with a huge sub kick ala chem bros or similiar.

could be very interestin?

ORIS
09-06-2008, 04:43 PM
this is a wikid tune C!!!

sounds are all beautifully produced.

Agreed! This seriously needs to be on vinyl!

good work man.

DannyBlack
09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Top notch, I like Baz' break beat idea. I do love the 4 to the floor better though.

DannyBlack
09-06-2008, 08:07 PM
:dance:

Siege
10-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for listening lads and glad you enjoyed....Barrys idea does sound intresting, may try something with it, but i do like it as it is too...maybe could do another mix of it??

DannyBlack
10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Aye! Remix B side. Wicked track though mate.

SWANNER
11-06-2008, 08:58 PM
nice track my slipper wearing freind!!
sounds better without that jason donovan sample!!
cool edits mofo.
nice

DannyBlack
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
nice track my slipper wearing freind!!
sounds better without that jason donovan sample!!
cool edits mofo.
nice

:lol: :lol: :lol: "too many broken hearts in the world..."

djfilthmonger
11-06-2008, 09:52 PM
i like it the way it is. some cool sounds in there

Jay Pace
13-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Easy matey

Production on this is top notch, and thought the track was great. Funky syncopated rhythmic elements, great spacey noises and a really nice techy sound to it that is very "you".

The pace and the flow of the track worked really well, liked the way it broke into the little bassy bit in the middle before reverting back to the main loop. Structured really well and progressed nicely

Two things I thought didn't work. After listening to this a few times the kick started to really annoy me. Its too heavy - a big deep rumbling reverbed kick that belongs on a much harder record IMO. It just didn't seem in keeping with this track, although has to be said it said perfectly in the mix and can completely see what you've done with it, I just thought it detracted from the rest of the tune, overpowered everything else that was going on and as rhythmntech put it - it really does kill the funkyness of it. You've got these amazing moving sequenced patterns playing off each other, then this overpowering slightly doom ridden kick plowing through the middle of it all, seemingly oblivious to whats going on around it. Think this track would work so much better with a more sympathetic kick put in, something deep and subby but a little softer that blends in and pushes the track along rather than driving right through the middle of it.

Thought the bass synth that comes in halfway needed some attention, its a bit muddy and the energy of it seems too low down the spectrum. Maybe open the evelope a bit, or EQ it or put a little more controlled distortion in the higher end to bring it forward into the mix? Seemed a little too far back and a bit obscure, and for a cool little fill element in the middle it seemed to want more presence and grab the attention a little more, sounds a bit muted and in the background as it is.

As always - just my 2 cents boss, overall loved this track, but just thought the kick needed to be keeping with the vibe of the track, and the bass needed a bit more grrr to it.

Top work mate.

BloodStar
13-06-2008, 04:39 PM
yo man,. typically "Siege" sound. i am liking it,. all these funky stabby lead sounds are produced pretty well as they are nicely cutting thru each other,. thats what i like most in this track. there is also very nice atmo near to end....
production sounds good,. maybe sub bass could play bit lower as now it is going maybe too hi into low lowmid area. i would try to LP it tad more to see how it sounds. also maybe another layer of Amplitubed bass could bring more dirtyness.. proper track ;-)

Siege
14-06-2008, 05:10 PM
@Jay.......Thanks for your reply man ;) glad u liked it.
I hear what your saying about the kick, maybe a less heavy one would work better....i do like it ,as it is though too......il have a look at the bass synth in drop,..touch of eq should sort it.
i might do another mix of it with a diffrent kick sometime, but im gonna keep this one aswell as personally, i like it.

@Vlasta.....Cheers mate, thanks for listening....il have a look at the eq later, working on something else at the moment.

appreciate the feedback;)

BDC
17-06-2008, 05:40 PM
damn...the like is dead on my side....really wanted to hear this though..

Siege
18-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Sorry mate, had to take it down.

278d7e64a374de26f==