PDA

View Full Version : No more British Murder Boys...

DVNT
11-06-2008, 07:49 PM
On May 31st BMB were booked to play at Emporium Festival in Nijmegen, Holland.
Both Karl and Tony (Regis and Surgeon) were at the festival before their set, but 10 minutes before they were due to start, Karl disappeared without explanation.
Not being able to do anything else, Tony went on to play the set himself.

Neither Natasha nor Tony were able to contact Karl via phone or email for the next 6 days and were increasingly worried about his personal well-being as he had been acting in an erratic manner before the gig.

On 6th June we received the following email from him; he has refused any further communication.

Dear Tony and Natasha

After much consideration about both my personal and professional future, I
have come to the decision that with
immediate effect I no longer want to continue with BRITISH MURDER BOYS /
DYNAMIX DJ BOOKINGS . There is no need
for further correspondance as my decision is final and I want you to
respect this.

This also means that I am going to withdraw from all confirmed or tbc
bookings.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

I wish you all the best for the future.

KARL

We are very disappointed with his sudden decision and lack of any explanation for his actions.
Karl had worked with Tony for 14 years, and with Natasha for 10 years and we are unable to understand or explain his sudden decision.
British Murder Boys has ended.
Karl no longer works with Dynamix DJs.

Taken from Nursery Forum / Basterdized.

DannyBlack
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
What the...? That is the email of a man with a gun pointed at his head.

Lag
11-06-2008, 08:07 PM
hehe fun fun fun
regis is a legend =)

module
11-06-2008, 10:41 PM
lay of the jack n jills matey lol

well, at least thats the stupid f**kin idiot mic rants gone from Surgeons.. i mean, BMB sets ;)

seriously though, hope the guy aint in any serious trouble.

RDR
11-06-2008, 11:45 PM
lay of the jack n jills matey lol

well, at least thats the stupid f**kin idiot mic rants gone from Surgeons.. i mean, BMB sets ;)

seriously though, hope the guy aint in any serious trouble.

I'll second that. They played a gig for us and regis didnt do very much.

TechMouse
12-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I'll pretext this by saying that I have massive respect for both Surgeon and Regis as producers and performers, and that I quite like their output...

... but I for one have never quite understood the rampant hard on that everybody has for BMB. It's not that they aren't good, it's just that they aren't as mindblowing as everybody seems to think. I've seen them twice: they were pretty good the first time and a little disappointing the second.

Just my opinion, of course.

Si the Sigh
12-06-2008, 11:32 AM
BMB productions are / were better than their sets IMO.

centrifuge
12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Only ever heard one Regis set, was on John Peel and it was ace. Haven't heard a lot of his productions but what I have heard have been quality. Maybe he'll do a Umek :)

drift9
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
regis is a legend =)
seconded.

TheRev
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
This does not sound like it is coming from someone in a place of stability.... hope everything is alright for Karl.

BDC
13-06-2008, 04:16 AM
yikes...

not cool.

basslinejunkie
13-06-2008, 09:19 AM
This does not sound like it is coming from someone in a place of stability.... hope everything is alright for Karl.

exactly, sounds like hes seriously unstable mentally, but who knows we dont know all the in's and out's.

personally im devesated, not only coz they have made some class tunes but i never got to see them live :(

Numeric
13-06-2008, 09:21 AM
well he's gonna be playin at Sequence in Manc tomorrow night, reconfirmed

RDR
13-06-2008, 09:24 AM
well he's gonna be playin at Sequence in Manc tomorrow night, reconfirmed

I smell a marketing gimmick!

basslinejunkie
13-06-2008, 09:28 AM
who,regis? or BMB's??

Numeric
13-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Regis

Martin Dust
13-06-2008, 09:50 AM
It's a fairly standard I quit letter, Karl's fine, spoke to him yesterday. Some crazy speculation you've got going tho, mentally unstable and marketing gimmicks jeesh...

basslinejunkie
13-06-2008, 09:59 AM
just called it as i saw it, like i said i dont know shit.

rhythmtech
13-06-2008, 10:42 AM
It's a fairly standard I quit letter, Karl's fine, spoke to him yesterday. Some crazy speculation you've got going tho, mentally unstable and marketing gimmicks jeesh...

nothing standard about walking out on a gig 10 minutes before hand and blanking peoples attempts at contacting you.
fairly standard would be sitting down and explaing why you dont want to do it anymore and honouring bookings (if possible).
im not surprised some people have drawn conclusions, it does sound like something has happened along the way somewhere. good to hear he's fine though.

Martin Dust
13-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Karl is Karl, which is a bit zen but shit happens sometimes Tech. I also wasn't surprised that people have drawn some conclusions, more surprised at daft conclusions they came up with.

I'd like to start a rumour that Karl has joined the Min_s team for the cube tour ;)

TechMouse
13-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Does this mean he'll have to sell his Porsche now?

doc12inch
13-06-2008, 12:41 PM
What the...? That is the email of a man with a gun pointed at his head.

or a harsh girlfriend haha

Martin Dust
13-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Does this mean he'll have to sell his Porsche now?

He's never had one, that was Tony for Intergrale and it was battered to ****.

Martin Dust
13-06-2008, 12:54 PM
how comes you still can't say **** and cunt here?

TechMouse
13-06-2008, 01:11 PM
how comes you still can't say **** and cunt here?
**** knows.

DVNT
13-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Cunt works thou.

Cunt is the new ****

RDR
13-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Karl is Karl, which is a bit zen but shit happens sometimes Tech. I also wasn't surprised that people have drawn some conclusions, more surprised at daft conclusions they came up with.

I'd like to start a rumour that Karl has joined the Min_s team for the cube tour ;)

So im a cynic!

this is the internet after all!

DVNT
13-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Is it?

Sh!tf_ck. I thought this was the queue to get my pension..

Damn dirty kids...

Martin Dust
13-06-2008, 02:15 PM
haha

The Overfiend
13-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I like fawk
it's got a nyc accent to it
and doesn't get edited.

RDR
13-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Is it?

Sh!tf_ck. I thought this was the queue to get my pension..

Damn dirty kids...

'FRaid so... and i thought you was down with the kids!

RDR
13-06-2008, 05:15 PM
haha

hoho

DannyBlack
14-06-2008, 01:16 PM
hoho

hehe

MARK ANXIOUS
15-06-2008, 12:56 PM
URGENT NEWSFLASH

KARL O CONNOR TURNS INTO ROGER DALTRY SHOCKER!

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Roger-Daltrey-Photograph-C10045704.jpeg

now there's a rumour for ya!!! :lol:

Sir Real
18-06-2008, 01:02 PM
more like this...(haha only joking Karl...)

eyeswithoutaface
18-06-2008, 07:51 PM
ive not slept since i first found out

ampassasinbirmingham
19-06-2008, 10:42 AM
ive not slept since i first found out

im considering suicide! Havnt felt this bad since Boyzone split!

DannyBlack
19-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I ate my baby finger off.

Kokotorobot
08-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Seriously though, its more than a year later now, what happened? :D

The_Laughing_Man
08-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Karl wanted to move on.
So he did.
Hit the ground running with Sandwell district, and now look at the lad go.

DannyBlack
08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
is it true that Karl said that he quit because Regis and I quote "looks like a thunderbird puppet". He has a fear of puppets as far as I understand.

teknorich
08-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Or did Regis just get tired of being the "Keith Flint" character who stands around doing very little musically and just shouting down the mic now and then...?!

:lol:

The_Laughing_Man
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I think he probably did get tired of that. At first it was something that shocked people, they certainly went nuts for it at the time, but then it became expected of him at BMB shows.
Once the repetition set in I think Karl got bored and wanted to move on, I think he realised BMB had peaked, but musically you`d be a fool not to hear that BMB was as much him as it was Tony.

teknorich
08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I think that's what the Prodigy have foudn tbh. Their popularity was waning until Firestarter came out, totally shocked people, and threw them back into the limelight. That's all well and good, but now they have to always have Keith yelling and shouting on their records, or people will lose interest. That's what they have come to expect from The Prodigy. The new album has a much more old skool ravey sound to it (like Experience) but they still had to include the token shouting on their tracks, as that's what people expect from them. It got them a huge amount of popularity and attention, but has now totally typecast them and restricted them. Double-edged sword!

The_Laughing_Man
08-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I think that's what the Prodigy have foudn tbh. Their popularity was waning until Firestarter came out, totally shocked people, and threw them back into the limelight. That's all well and good, but now they have to always have Keith yelling and shouting on their records, or people will lose interest. That's what they have come to expect from The Prodigy. The new album has a much more old skool ravey sound to it (like Experience) but they still had to include the token shouting on their tracks, as that's what people expect from them. It got them a huge amount of popularity and attention, but has now totally typecast them and restricted them. Double-edged sword!

Well the general public don`t understand concepts of pure music.
They need to have a human voice in there so their tiny minds can relate to it.
The prodigy in there live shows always had keith and maxxim spouting off, it got the crowds in, but Liam, and XL knew that to retain longevity and to really break through, they needed that human voice.
It`s a smart move, they crossed over out of dance music into alternative and rock/indie circles, and have manged to jump back into that (as pendulum opened the door for them).
From firestarter prodigy music output changed, it stopped baing rave and became something else.
It had to change, rave was dead.
I love the proj, but the music has gone down that, out of ideas, look to the past route, so I think it`s running out of air.
I`m not sure how long XL will be able to hold them up for.
Dance music does need a big revival, and we need these crossover acts to get the mainstream into dance music, that`s how it all exploded in the 90`s with Underworld, the Chems, Orbital, LEftfield etc providing that crossover point.

There has been no new youth music/fashion/social revolution for a long time now, all we have had is revivals of past sounds for the last 10-11 years now.

Is a new social/youth revolution on the horizon?
I`m starting to have my doubts, the new youth seem so indoctrinated and absorbed into the system now.

davethedrummer
08-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I like fawk
it's got a nyc accent to it
and doesn't get edited.

a fawk is a thing you eat your chips...sorry fries with

davethedrummer
08-10-2009, 10:09 PM
karl is busy as a floor manager at tesco
and loving it.

DVNT
08-10-2009, 10:52 PM