PDA

View Full Version : When Using Loops...

tracatak
12-06-2008, 01:16 AM
WHEN USING LOOPS what is a good way to get the loop to sound original and not worry about some1 else who may use that loop to have a similar sounding track ....or will it be less likely to be the same once u add your own effects (delay, distortion, etc)

just curious

also ..when making hard techno..

...and when using a loop....is it a good idea to cut out the lows and have that loop sidechained to your kick.....

and

is it ok to just beef up the lows on the loop and not have to side chain it to any kick..are both methods ok? or should i always try to have a kick also layerd over it...im guessing whatever sounds best?

mostly curious to every1s tricks and tips

thanks..

judas_beast
21-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Try not using loops!

I'd say the only rule is music, is that if it sounds good, it is good.

Siege
21-06-2008, 05:41 PM
If im using loops i like to use 3 or 4 chopped up to make 1 main loop.
i also never have bits of the same frequency playing on top of each other...
For instance...say u have a single clap hit in ur trk and a loop ur using also as a clap in it playing in the same position as the other..cut it out and the same goes for any other percussion bit playing on top of others....that way ul get it sounding clean and tight....it also disguises the form of the original loops used.

Saying that, id chop up regardless, as if u zoom right in on them ,90% of the time ul find that the loops are slightly out of sync and for me thats when u can tell a loops been used as it sounds like its just been plonked in there...loose and messy.
Just use the bit u want out of the loop and cut out all the rest.

278d7e64a374de26f==