PDA

View Full Version : wireless interfearence ???

romelpotter
28-12-2003, 11:54 PM
I have just got a wireless connection to broardband internet wich is great for laptops but for my pc i got a netgear radio reciver and plugged it into the motherbord. i also have a wirless optical mouse which is recieving interfearence from somewhere (its like when a normal mouse gets clogged up with shit on the rollers, its the same effect to the mouse pointer). does anyone know weather the wireless internet connection would be interfearing with my mouse because its a pain in the arse :cry: if anyone has any info i would be greatful ;)

mux
02-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Hola,

It doesn't seem all that likely - but the real answer lies in the back of the manuals for the mouse. Wireless networks operate on a 2.4GHz spectrum, while I'm betting the mouse works on either the much-cheaper-to-do 900MHz bands, or even on the bands used for RC cars in the US (27MHz and 75MHz). If two devices are sharing a band, they will interfere with each other - this is why your wireless internet can drop dramatically if you use a 2.4GHz cordless phone in the same area, and why the FCC governs the airwaves for radio so strictly.

Look in the manual and figure out the band the mouse is operating on, then look around for something else that might be operating on the same band.

Alternately, try changing the batteries. My girlfriend's cordless Logitech always starts skipping around like a dirty ball-mouse when the batteries get low. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==