PDA

View Full Version : Utd's First summer signing...

nick_anarchy
13-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Petrucci signing angers Roma

Manchester United last night came under fire after signing one of Italy's most promising young strikers. Just days after they were pipped by Arsenal to the signature of 17-year-old Cardiff midfielder Aaron Ramsey, United snapped up Davide Petrucci, 16, who scored 14 goals in 19 matches last season and was the top scorer in Roma's youth team. He has also starred for Italy's under-17 team. United will pay Petrucci £95,000 a year and will cover the cost of regular flights home to Italy. The deal is the maximum permissible offer for a youth-team player. Roma will receive around £200,000 in compensation but the move has caused fury. Petrucci, who comes from the San Basilio suburb of Rome, has been compared to a young Francesco Totti and could have made the first-team squad next year

Will
13-06-2008, 04:54 PM
He won't be able to sign professional terms yet will he? I'm not sure, but I think he could be poached before he turns 17, I was slightly worried about Walcott 'til he signed a professional contract, I'm not sure how water tight his first contract was... I wouldn't have thought you could pay a 16 year old £95,000 a year though.

nick_anarchy
13-06-2008, 06:04 PM
He won't be able to sign professional terms yet will he? I'm not sure, but I think he could be poached before he turns 17, I was slightly worried about Walcott 'til he signed a professional contract, I'm not sure how water tight his first contract was... I wouldn't have thought you could pay a 16 year old £95,000 a year though.

not to sure yet , more news on the player will be released in the next few weeks

Frank Dogshit
13-06-2008, 06:22 PM
loves his kids does alex

nick_anarchy
13-06-2008, 07:25 PM
United's Premier League and Champions League Double seemingly won't stop Sir Alex Ferguson further strengthening his squad this summer - with a striker apparently top of the list.

The UK press are tipping the Reds to move for Lyon's Karim Benzema, Ajax front man Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz. Prices range from £15million up to £30m.

Sir Alex is also said to be closely monitoring the contract situation of Manchester City's up-and-coming 18-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge.

United have already been beaten to one summer signing, with Cardiff City's highly-rated midfielder Aaron Ramsey opting for a move to Arsenal for a reported £5m.

Will
14-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Surely he won't move for all three! Plus Sturridge, I mean Petrucci's a striker as well...

DJ RE:HAB
16-06-2008, 12:10 PM
United's Premier League and Champions League Double seemingly won't stop Sir Alex Ferguson further strengthening his squad this summer - with a striker apparently top of the list.

The UK press are tipping the Reds to move for Lyon's Karim Benzema, Ajax front man Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz. Prices range from £15million up to £30m.

Sir Alex is also said to be closely monitoring the contract situation of Manchester City's up-and-coming 18-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge.

United have already been beaten to one summer signing, with Cardiff City's highly-rated midfielder Aaron Ramsey opting for a move to Arsenal for a reported £5m.

Benzema already stated last week though he has no intentions of joining united though

Numeric
16-06-2008, 12:30 PM
looks as though Santa Cruz has become United's primary target now

davemoore
16-06-2008, 02:28 PM
i heard this lad is defo paid 95 thousand a week and they gave his dad a gardaning job lol dunno if its true tho ..

278d7e64a374de26f==