PDA

View Full Version : David Villa to Liverpool?

Spacehopper
16-06-2008, 07:33 PM
from f365

Spanish star David Villa has hinted he would like to move to Liverpool, if he heads to England this summer.

The Valencia striker has lit up Euro 2008 with four goals in their opening two group games.

A host of clubs are tracking Villa with Liverpool and Chelsea reported to be heading the queue for the diminutive front-man.

Villa, who has linked up so well with current Reds star Fernando Torres for Spain, admits he would be tempted by the prospect of playing with him on a weekly basis.

"Liverpool and Chelsea are both big clubs with a lot of attraction," he told the News of the World.

Villa also admitted that Liverpool's Spanish coach Rafa Benitez could play a big role in attracting him as he tried to sign him earlier in his career.

"Liverpool have a Spanish coach and I also have a lot of friends there," he said.

"When Rafa was coach at Valencia and I was at Zaragoza there was contact about me joining Valencia but I couldn't arrive until the year after he left there."

Numeric
16-06-2008, 07:57 PM
doubt Liverpool could afford him

basslinejunkie
16-06-2008, 09:28 PM
he said that ages ago i think. weve put a few bids in for him in the past but havent matched valencias valuation.

i would cream my pants if we got him. him and torres upfront would be the best front pairing in the world.

DJ RE:HAB
17-06-2008, 09:09 AM
he said that ages ago i think. weve put a few bids in for him in the past but havent matched valencias valuation.

i would cream my pants if we got him. him and torres upfront would be the best front pairing in the world.

Aye we cant afford him for sure. £26 Million aint he going for? This was before the Euros?

Id prefer it if we jibbed off Barry, O Neill the lunatic thinks hes worth £18 Million and put that money to villa.

He will go to Chelsea tho i reckon...

Chelsea will win the title next season for sure, Ronaldinho, Deco, Villa and Big Phil.. Fergie will be shaking the brown stuff out of his pants as i type this..

Numeric
17-06-2008, 09:28 AM
:lol:

there's no sayin they'll get Villa, Ronaldinho is shit now and so is Deco

United are stronger than Chelsea with or without these new players anyway

and there's no telling who they're gonna lose to Jose at Inter

Numeric
17-06-2008, 09:32 AM
and since when has Scolari been an outstanding manager? he's done ok at international level but still has much to prove in club management

basslinejunkie
17-06-2008, 10:09 AM
im with you on that in a way. hes done more than 'ok' not many people can say they are a world cup winner.

club level though is a diffrent matter.

Numeric
17-06-2008, 10:14 AM
fair do's he's won the world cup, but it was with Brazil, with the likes of Ronaldo and Ronaldinho in their pomp

Insomnia
17-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Would love to see him come to Arsenal but it wont happen as we dont spend big money....

davemoore
17-06-2008, 02:16 PM
how come liverpool dont have the money ?? i thought all prem teams get 35 mill at start of season plus the owners arnt exacaly skint there wealthy people just with no communication ..

davemoore
17-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Would love to see him come to Arsenal but it wont happen as we dont spend big money....

and that is probably the only reason why arsanal arnt a trophy winning club anymore shame really

DJ RE:HAB
17-06-2008, 03:26 PM
and that is probably the only reason why arsanal arnt a trophy winning club anymore shame really

Liverpool FC Recorded Losses last season of £33 Million.

Rafa has to sell to buy, hence him trying to sell alonso to buy barry.

It was reported that Rafa had been handed a £20 Million warchest for this season.

He has already signed a right back and left back for £7 Million each...

Will
17-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Barry's not worth £18m, that's silly money. I've heard Villa prefers a move to Barca or Real, but who knows, maybe he's telling everyone what they want to hear to try and get the best deal. Apparently Rafa's after Milner too isn't he?

Liverpool's foriegn owners have done **** all for them really then, if they've got no money now and won nothing last season. Just goes to show, Abramovich is a one off and I wouldn't want him at Arsenal nevermind the rest of the blood suckers.

Numeric
18-06-2008, 09:49 AM
apparently Villa reckons he doesn't wanna leave Valencia anyway

davemoore
18-06-2008, 10:40 AM
yeah i heard that he said he heard nothing about this apart from the news mdia and had no cantact with ay club aor said he wanted to leave as he loves it where he is ad staying for another year

278d7e64a374de26f==