PDA

View Full Version : avoid p.ills with ducks on em

djbuzzbe
30-12-2003, 06:57 PM
a guy in scotland died and five of his m8s ended up in hospital after taking these pills av a safe new year :cool:

e-phoria
30-12-2003, 07:09 PM
What a shame! :evil:
People put all kinds of crap in X these days, just to make a little more money. :evil: :evil: :evil:

dan the acid man
30-12-2003, 07:12 PM
not good, thanks for the info

Buttman
30-12-2003, 08:19 PM
It is all part of the natural selection.

timo
30-12-2003, 08:20 PM
avoid all pills. except if you're pacman.

TripleX
30-12-2003, 08:21 PM

:lol:

miromiric.
30-12-2003, 08:52 PM

how can you be so coldheartet? people die and you make a joke of it?!

steve_rage
30-12-2003, 08:54 PM
still you cannot trust any pills nowadays
its the risk you take... :rambo:

eyes without a face
30-12-2003, 09:07 PM
even tho there has been a sad loss of life, the person knew the risks and there is no sympathy from me im afraid.

Kevin Gorman
30-12-2003, 10:08 PM
avoid all pills. except if you're pacman.

amen

Buttman
30-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Pills are for UNTERMENSCH.

Jah woll Miromann?

eyes without a face
30-12-2003, 10:20 PM
i take as many little fella's as the next person, but i am always as safe as i can possibly be with them, and i trust the person i get them off. Its a little known fact that most people who die due to ecstacy related illness often die because of the treatment that they are given.

academy boi
31-12-2003, 01:08 AM
ive ended up in hospital becuase of x.
its a sacry thing to have happen to you and not nice. i remember waking up the next day and just totally freaking out. But its the risk we take.

my cousin died recently from taking drugs.

:cry:

thats it really drugs are bad end of

daviec
31-12-2003, 01:52 AM
The "ducks" incidents happened in a town close to where I live (same county), and it's been big news round here. The guy who died was 20 y.o. and "wasn't the type to take drugs" according to his family... but aren't they all. :roll:

The five others in hospital were at the same party and all had seriously large alcohol intake as well.

Dalmellington (where they lived) is like many towns in this part of Scotland, rife with all sorts of drugs, most are a lot harder than ecstasy, and that doesn't mean they are all illegal!

I also know that the same pills were taken in loads of other towns that weekend (Paisley, Glasgow, and Ayr for definate) and there were no incidents outside of Dalmellington.

No autopsy has been carried out as yet.

Draw your own conclusions. Same party, all friends, **** knows what was taken on top of the pills. No other reports of illness or death.

I'll still be avoiding pills with ducks on them though.

tioneb
31-12-2003, 07:16 AM
"hey im taking drugs and i just learnt that it can make me die. this is so surprising"

seems this is true these chemicals has detroyed all your neurones

daviec
31-12-2003, 09:43 AM
No mate. Folk have been dying from taking drugs round here as far back as I can remember. Ayrshire (where I live) along with Glasgow has a pretty bad record for folk dying in drugs related incidents.

It could be related to the high unemployment, and general low ebb felt in society round here, or there could be a particular brand of stupidity related to the people in the region.

But not a day passes without some junkie dying, or someone slipping into a coma from too many downers and alcohol, and we hear very little of it, but the minute ecstasy can be related to it in any fashion the press will dive on it and make a massive story.

Undoubtedly the person who dies is a "young clubber", who "enjoyed life", "fell in with the wrong crowd", and would "never normally touch drugs". I can tell you from personal experience that this is utter bollocks.

Of some of the bigger stories, although not local to me, I can tell you that after all the furory about Leah Betts death had died down, and the post mortem had been carried out they found the actual cause of death was an overdose of water!! She drank so much in the false belief that it was OK. Her brain swelled with all the water and crushed itself on the inside of her skull. There's absolutley no doubt the ecstasy she had taken contributed to her death but it was not the root cause. In addition she had drank over a bottle of vodka herself. This was covered very little in the press.

My point I'm trying to make here is that I am fully aware of the dangers of taking drugs, but if people can contribute cause of death to ecstasy in so many cases, then I can point the finger, and lay part of the blame at ridiculous dramatization of stories in the press. Lack of available and "proper" information for people.

"Drugs are bad. They'll kill you", just does not work in this part of the world because everyone knows someone who takes something and doesn't die.

If you want an example of a certain attitude towards this sort of incident in our part of the world here is a quote from a clubbing board in Scotland in reply to a post warning of these pills doing the rounds in Ayrshire :

Baz : "I'll certainly be looking out for ducks"
LEE : "Me too, me and my mate Denis are desperate to try them"

:roll:

Unfortunatley this is all too common. Folk think they are invincible. "It won't happen to me."

Many more will die in Ayrshire this year (I know there's only a few hours left but it's true) and again next year hundreds more will die.

"I just learnt it can make me die" is :shock: dangers just aren't enough to put them off because for them there is little else.

They just go too far, and the game they're playing has an awful price to pay when you lose.

Scott McSephney 1983 - 2003 R.I.P.

daviec
31-12-2003, 09:49 AM
That last bit should say :

""I just learnt it can make me die" is way of the mark. Knowing the dangers just isn't enough to put people off because for them there can be little else. If you come from a prosperous place you may not understand, but having visited plenty of the towns and villages round here where the traditional industries closing down have left the region devastated, I can tell you the mood is not so great, and people look for a release from the grim reality of life on £75 a fortnight, and absolutlely zero prospects of getting a job.

They just go too far, and the game they're playing has an awful price to pay when you lose.

Scott McSephney 1983 - 2003 R.I.P.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2003, 10:01 AM
I dont take tablets anymore, they are full of shit....buy mdma powder, it's much purer & a nice hit.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2003, 10:05 AM
i take as many little fella's as the next person, but i am always as safe as i can possibly be with them, and i trust the person i get them off. Its a little known fact that most people who die due to ecstacy related illness often die because of the treatment that they are given.

all very well saying you trust the person you get them off scott, but how does he know what is in them?, does he trust the person who makes them, someone who he has never met, probably sitting in a lab somewhere in Holland?

you never know whats in them, more often than not there will be very little mdma, and more likely mda.

at least with powder you more or less know whats in it, and it doesnt make you feel hanging all the next day.

Carl
31-12-2003, 10:30 AM
how can you say mdma doesn't make you feel hangin the next day man?

the day after doin mdma = severe serotonin depletion alert :eh:

Esox Lucius
31-12-2003, 10:55 AM
off powder i feel fine, just have a sleep, drink some fresh orange and take a few 5htp and you will be fine

Carl
31-12-2003, 11:01 AM
fairplay mate :doh:

tioneb
31-12-2003, 01:44 PM
i agree society doesnt give us presents. we have all been raised differently
whatever our parents/city/country were rich or not.

i have to admit people get into drugs easier in poor and disfavoured places, this is a fact. lack of hope might be a reason... i just think its kindof suicide.

but here we are on music board and we have all seen people from all social backgrounds taking drugs. moreover for having spent 3 year in paris, so that i establish friendship with wealthy ppl, i learnt from them that there are ****en loads of coke in all the aristic middle (at least here)... and these people are not poor, like most of the techno freaks who take drugs ...

so please consider that if its true bad social context can incitate peopel tkaing drugs, this is really total lame that techno people use so much drugs, coz most of them are not in bad conditions...

and taking the social background as a reason why doing drugs is even more lame and offensive to the ones who actually suffer from this.

dan the acid man
31-12-2003, 02:11 PM
i dont think daviec was saying all people that take drugs are like this, i think he was saying that in certain parts of scotland they seem to take more risks with drugs, i.e they take dangerous cocktails that includes huge amounts of alcohol, various illegal drugs and various legal drugs.

StoQ
31-12-2003, 02:43 PM
take a lot of vitamin c after using mdma(restores level of serotonine)
take a lot of vitamin c before using mdma(greater hit, deeper feelings)
i dont use pills anymore, but i love spokin dope. much safer and non destructive drug. In think alcohol is stronger drug than thc
cheers

Solstice
31-12-2003, 02:57 PM
there are a batch of "ducks" going around in plymouth at the moment. they are pooly stamped but they are very very nice! this may just be a completely different batch from the ones up north, but i will take this advice into consideration.

altho, after tonight, my time with tablets is over. my brain needs a rest.

daviec
31-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Exactly. Maybe I'm not putting my point across correctly here. I'm just saying that these guys who are dying are not necessarilly ignorant. Imagine for a second what the social climate must be like for intelligent young people, who know the risks involved with what they are doing, and understand the possible consequences... and still go on to take these drugs.

My other point is that it is not necessarilly the pills alone which have killed them, although I can say with certainty that the quality of pills that can be punted in Scotland right now is awful. A simple reflection of the fact that people here will take anything. The chances are that there was much more than mdma in their system, and as Downwards pointed out I would be very surprised if they actually found traces of MDMA in the body of the young man who died. Pills here have little if any proper MDMA, and haven't done for a while.

I should point out that I haven't once referred this to techno people, or any sort of music/clubbing. The media here will always refer to those who die as "young clubbers". That could mean they occasionally went to their local ritzy club smashed out of their heads and danced about to cheesey euro-pop, but they will still be called clubbers, which is not the definition I think. The deaths of recent years rarely happened in clubs. It's almost always been people at home in a party.

One recent death showed an incredible reaction. A young man at a house party was found to be unconcious after using GHB along with alcohol and possibly various other drugs. A common reaction to GHB is to lose consiousness and slip into a coma like state. His "friends" phoned the emergency services, and then each and every last one of them fled the house. The guy died, but the autopsy showed he had not been dead when the others left the house... they could possibly have saved him.

I wonder how the media presented that one then? Well first of all he was a "young clubber", then they picked up on the fact that some people call GHB liquid ecstasy! So suddenly it was an ecstasy death, which astonished his parents, family and close friends who said "he never took drugs, it was his first time, he was experimenting". Bollocks, the whole ****ing lot.

Anyway, my points drifting again. I'm not saying all those who take drugs are from a disadvantaged social background, but the majority of those that die in Scotland are. They rarely took only ecstasy, their will almost always have been other factors. It would be interesting to note if their has ever been any death recorded which could be contributed 100% to ecstasy.

E and alcohol don't mix. This is well known. So let me suggest a scenario for you. What if...?

Well, what if mdma was the social drug of choice in society, the one everyone took, and alcohol was the underground drug of habit. The one with all the bad media surrounding it (let's remember their are many deaths every year which can be attributed to alcohol).

Re-examine the Leah Betts death in that light. She was doing what many people enjoy every weekend. MDMA, 100% legal (in this scenario) and although their can be problems it's usually with people who don't exorcise some self control, and take responsibly. Her mistake was to use the deadly club drug "alcohol". The "vodka" as this particular "brand" of alcohol is known was given to her by a friend at a party. Leah had never touched alcohol before. It was her first time, and had devastating consequences.

Do you see where I'm coming from here? Used responsibly I think MDMA is like other drugs. It's the people who abuse it and other substances through ignorance or whatever, who end up dead.

The techno people, or middle class as tioneb reffered, tend to not have such a need for escape and have made an informed choice, which I think is their right. They choose to do drugs and tend to do them responsibly. They also therefor tend not to die.

The deaths that are occuring are from people taking dangerous cocktails of alcohol, uppers, downers, and just about anything they can get their hands on.

Did you know that youths in some parts of Glasgow steal the council wheelie bins, put them under bridges and set them alight before going up to the bridge to inhgale the fumes!! And that their was a "drugs" death in Strathclyde this year where a youth, following a craze amongst youngsters, climbed a lamp post, smashed the light and tried to inhale the fumes from the gas tube in the mistaken thought that they would get him high. He slipped and fell to his death on the pavement below.

As I've said, they'll do anything for a buzz here. That includes risking death. :roll:

Esox Lucius
31-12-2003, 03:07 PM
take a lot of vitamin c after using mdma(restores level of serotonine)
take a lot of vitamin c before using mdma(greater hit, deeper feelings)
i dont use pills anymore, but i love spokin dope. much safer and non destructive drug. In think alcohol is stronger drug than thc
cheers

same here, I would rather have a smoke than do anything else.

tioneb
31-12-2003, 06:10 PM
ive read everything quite fast so i might be wrong, but u seem to imply that people who are conscious about drugs dangers do not die from them ???? that only the peopel tkaing everything they can eat die ???

Every day there are dying people who have "responsably" taken loads of alhohol / drugs or who have "responsably" smoked cigarette. I guess the same amount of "responsible" people die from drugs eh ?

Imo actaully hard drugs (xtc, ghb, speed, coke etc) can kill in one shot, even in the first, and taken only once in life ... You see what i mean ? Im sure one "bad" xtc might kill me if i take only one in my life as i have never tried. That's why i dont try.

This kind of thing will never happen if somebody somke one joint or drink a feww glasses, even when doing for first time in life (i consider these people do not drive afte rthis).

So my point is that hard drugs have can unconditionnally kill you becasue you dunno whats inside, and dont talk about trust, how can you trust somebody doing something illegal ?

PS :Im not talking about addiction which is another phenomenon in which we also could include alcohol , weed and cigarette which become as dangerous as drugs mentionned above

dan the acid man
31-12-2003, 07:57 PM
i dont know how you can say that you cant trust someone doing something illegal, i would say most people on here buy things from friends and in friends i mean real friends, just doing each other favours, so these people can be trusted 100%, also most people i know now have testing kits.

The Overfiend
31-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Pills are for UNTERMENSCH.

Jah woll Miromann? :twisted:

J Swift
02-01-2004, 04:09 AM
I'm always paranoid about dieing from E's, so I always do 'em in quaters (call me a pussy!), but who cares! You come up gradually, which is good for me... Sometimes I'll get a funny reacion off a quarter and not take the rest... Simple as that.

Yeah I don't bother with pills any more - Still, got a lot of great memories from my ecstacy days! Wouldn't take them back for anything! Best times of my life - Certainly wouldn't say I was at a low point - I used to wake up every morning feeling amazing!

Hehe, I remember one of the most incredible minimal acid sets from Mark EG himself actually, back at Helter Skelter around '94 - One of my first E experiences! Ended up buying the tape pack and making a GCSE project of a music video to accompany about 12 minutes of it! Ahh, happy days...

spiralx
02-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Bah, acid is much better than pills anyway for going out and losing it to techno ;)

wenna
03-01-2004, 12:28 AM
the term 'russian roulette' springs to mind!

miromiric.
03-01-2004, 12:45 AM
E is for pansies. acid is for the tough guyz!

dan the acid man
03-01-2004, 01:15 AM

it's not a macho contest

ampassasinbirmingham
03-01-2004, 02:42 AM

ACID CRUSTY ;)

J Swift
03-01-2004, 06:14 AM
All my best parties/raves have been on acid - Without a doubt.

Only problem with acid is if something dark happens to you while you're on it, it gets permenantly lodged in your subconsious - Like when you're under deep hypnosis...

Would only do it at a decent free party - Never at a club..

Weed's the only drug for me these days...

Esox Lucius
03-01-2004, 09:19 AM
**** acid or e, give me a big fat line anyday ;)

Black Jackal
03-01-2004, 04:23 PM

Too much acid and you'l go insane no matter how much of a tough guy you are! :nono:

jonnyspeed
03-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Drugs are not a contest!

I personally really ****ed up on E in the mid-90s and stopped taking anything but a big bag of skunk to clubs/parties for 7-8 years. I have recently got back into Es and Mushrooms but find that I can only take them once a month because I need atleast 4 days to recover properly.... I always think that if I have a really big one then the massive buzz you get just gets evened out by a shallower but longer fuzzy period.

Peace.

Dj Audiowz
03-01-2004, 07:41 PM
****in right man too much acid and your head will go WEST!!! :crackup:

ninjamark
03-01-2004, 08:08 PM
i think 1 of the reason y ppl die from takin pills is because there r some ppl who r allergic 2 mdma and that is wot kills um it is sad but we all take these risks

jonnyspeed
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM
From what I have read the main factors for death from Es are heart strain, dehydration, over hydration and contamination.

J Swift
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Your first peanut is actually a LOT more dangerous than your first E - Considering there's 400,000 ppl a week taking E in the UK it's actually pretty safe... Still messes with your head long-term though...

Coke is much more dangerous - It will fuk your heart up after a while - Almost 30 times more likely to have a heart attack after doing a line... For some reason the media are much more into the odd E death... Obviously cigarrettes and alcohol are infinitely more dangerous than E - 10's of thousands of ppl in the UK die from them each year... Compaired to about 50 E deaths ever!

tioneb
04-01-2004, 06:20 PM
say what you want, but im convinced i have less chances to die than you not taking E

daviec
04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
OK then. I might not be as safe as you, although when I think about it I haven't had pills in ages, but you can surely agree that if I do decide to take pills I should avoid ones with ducks on them then? ;)

I'll be safer, but not safest!

Esox Lucius
04-01-2004, 07:38 PM
say what you want, but im convinced i have less chances to die than you not taking E

good point, but if e doesnt kill you something else will!! :lol:

only certain thing in life is death :lol:

tekku7181
05-01-2004, 06:02 AM
avoid ducks with pills on them --- they r shady characters :nono:

Patrick DSP
05-01-2004, 06:04 AM
and smoking chickens too...

http://www.patrickdsp.com/pics/brhome/3.jpg

academy boi
05-01-2004, 06:22 AM
i have been sadly taking pills for 5 years and 9 months

i wanna stop but its hard being around the scene i like the musci i like th atmosphere and i like the people

tekku7181
05-01-2004, 09:06 AM
i wanna stop but its hard being around the scene i like the musci i like th atmosphere and i like the people

if u like everything then y do u need to take pills?? -- sometimes it amazes me how "high" i feel if i go to a good techno event w/out
any drugz and just smoke,,

i have done a ton of drugz but am over pills

do a bump instead j/k etamine :dontevengothere:

Numeric
05-01-2004, 09:29 AM
My new years resolution is to take less pills...

Only four this year so far, that's not counting new year, and we're only five days in, oops...

Must do better...

Esox Lucius
05-01-2004, 09:55 AM
in the last 12 months i have only taken 3

killarava2day
05-01-2004, 10:07 AM
I certainly enjoy the challenge of mixing after several lines of K...and deplore the embarasment of being escorted from the console :shock:

jonnyspeed
05-01-2004, 01:19 PM

too harsh, man!

spiralx
05-01-2004, 02:30 PM
I certainly enjoy the challenge of mixing after several lines of K...and deplore the embarasment of being escorted from the console :shock:
:lol: :lol:

While a line or two of donkey wobbler goes down nicely with the acid whilst dancing to techno at a squat party, I don't think I'd ever want to DJ at a party under its influence... I can't feel the records or distinguish sounds properly!

tekku7181
05-01-2004, 06:48 PM
My new years resolution is to take less pills...

Only four this year so far, that's not counting new year, and we're only five days in, oops...

Must do better...

not bad,,,ur just under 1 per day :love:

ninjamark
05-01-2004, 11:42 PM
ive taken ducks quite a few times and i think there shit

FILTERZ
06-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Well well well what a lot of hot air gets talked about drugs, they are what they are substances that affect your brain and body and sometimes your soul if you want to call it that, they can all be bad for you and they can be good for you also sometimes but believe me i have seen people od on smack many times in my chequered past and lost a couple of friends to that hideous stuff , however i had a friend who was addicted to smack for years and managed to hold down a job and flat and leave a good honest life, last time i saw him he had given up the gear and is now an alcholic tramp in my home town living on the streets ... go figure.. but lets face it ecstacy can kill whether its clean or not does not matter how many drug testing kits you have because one hundred percent clean mdma is perfectly capable of snuffing you out but then dangerous sports or crossing the road can also finish you off .......................anyway if i didnt take drugs i dont know what else i would do ......probably a lot more other stuff hmmmmmmmm :shock:

FILTERZ
06-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Also i have seen some people badly ****ed by the old tranquil elephantizer
psychedelic smack it has made a mess out of a few people i know ...sadly and can also kill D M Turner famous writer and psychonaut and expert on hallucinogens drowned in the bath whilst on k ...so be careful out there

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 11:43 AM
my days of taking ecstacy, ketamine, cocaine, speed & acid are over...i'd rather drink 15 cans of Stella...ha ha ha! 15 CANS OF STELLA! :rambo:

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Im the same, I have knocked most things in the head now, maybe certain treats now & again.

rather have a drink & a sniff...or just get stoned.

academy boi
06-01-2004, 12:38 PM
its hard getting off it i think its a slippery sloop and once you start to go down the sloop there its hard as **** to climb back up its all about having good friends i think

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 12:42 PM
fu*kin' hell mate, what your saying sounds a bit addicted to me! :shock:

academy boi
06-01-2004, 12:52 PM
pmsl :clap:

just what people have told me

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 12:58 PM
man, i NEVER went out & thought i have got to take drugs. i did it because i wanted to. at the end of the day we (should) all go out clubbing to listen to & enjoy the music. i chose to take chemicals to add even more enjoyment to my night. sometimes i would go out straight, others i would go out and get mashed! either way, i was with my mates, stomping to the music i love & having a good time. always remember the words from Human Traffic, "when the comedowns out weigh the good times, its time to stop" ;)

academy boi
06-01-2004, 01:08 PM
sent you a pm

FILTERZ
06-01-2004, 01:52 PM
well of course sniffy and beer never did anyone any harm ........just as bad as all the others , people go out on sniffy they dont care about anything else but their little visit to the toilet and they think they are interesting when they are the most boring people on the planet

FILTERZ
06-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Bye the way that goes for me too even after what i have just said i still spend enough money on snif to fund a small country every month and lets face it if you gonna have sniffy you gotta have a beer and a spliff .........................................and all the rest as well .......oh go on then twist my arm

fifoo
06-01-2004, 02:16 PM
just a lil psylo at season ;Þ

academy boi
06-01-2004, 02:23 PM
they are all as bad as each other i fell from smoking a fag round the bikesheds at school getting pissed on street corners
having a smoke down the woods
sniffing glue in school
etc
etc
etc

its all shit never leads to nething

aunt_sal
06-01-2004, 02:50 PM
i didnt know about these ducks till 2day n i dropped 3 on boxing day at academy in plymouth, they were quite good, if id known sum 1 had died from taking them, i wudnt av touched them, sounds stupid i spose.........

tioneb
06-01-2004, 07:15 PM
just a lil psylo at season ;Þ

your avatar is top class, ive spent tha lst weeks watching this guy's dvd =)

278d7e64a374de26f==