PDA

View Full Version : Techno stores..

K Front
31-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Just wondering which online stores where the best for vinyl?

;)

Kyle
31-12-2003, 12:06 PM
just check out

www.technodj.de

i think it's one of the best...

basslinejunkie
31-12-2003, 12:43 PM
check out www.bangingtunes.com , its where i get the vast majority of my stuff from.excellent service they r 2,i cant speak highly enough of them. the stock most of the major uk/euro techno/hard techno labels/artists so try them m8 (although its slim pickings at the mo xmas ect)

dan the acid man
31-12-2003, 02:06 PM
try these aswell
http://www.tuneinn.com/index.php

dcdn
31-12-2003, 02:56 PM
yep, think technodj/web-records is the best around, the only disadvantage is that the don't show wether a record is in stock or hey have to order it. But then again they mostly get the record after a few weeks.

jonnyspeed
31-12-2003, 03:58 PM
and http://www.trackheads.co.uk/

zaalmoetlos
31-12-2003, 08:58 PM
www.substrata.com.au

it is in australia though........

Col
31-12-2003, 10:02 PM
www.innercity.co.uk

the daddy of techno records.

Louk
31-12-2003, 10:19 PM
if you dont want online stores tho j go to bigga.

bigga are class!

Louk

Col
31-12-2003, 10:34 PM
louk, u should visit innercity records. you will not be dissapointed. lots of bargains too. its in leeds, on hyde park corner. catch the no 1 bus from the city sqaure, and its not far past the university.

Louk
31-12-2003, 11:44 PM
isit? will check em out next month

Louk

K Front
01-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Cheers boys, yeh louk i go in bigga every now an then, i cant usually find much though.. I havnt been in foir a while actually..

Esox Lucius
01-01-2004, 08:17 PM
paul from innercity is a sound bloke, never been to the shop, but from what i hear it is a good record shop.

Col
01-01-2004, 10:19 PM
paul from innercity is a sound bloke.

he certainley is. the guys a legend.

tioneb
01-01-2004, 11:51 PM
paul from innercity is a sound bloke.

he certainley is. the guys a legend.

really ??? i got damn shitloads of virus like spam from him ... i guess he fiwed the things, probably some blaster infection. i still wonder how i arrived in his address book hehe i should check it =)

tioneb
01-01-2004, 11:59 PM
to be more serious i have ordered on these following stores so here is my opinion about (i always use regular post for all the shops):

www.nuloop.com : i was regular client, ordered once a week during monthes. cheap, VERY fast (probably coz both me and them are in france) and NEVER got any problem. all the records are in platic sleeve and their stock is the hugest i have found on the web .... amazing record seelction. only problem : they update the news on the fridays only once a week, so you ge tthe records later than other web stores

www.juno.co.uk : well ive oredered there twice. twice they lost my packs. the email service is totally fake, and if you want to complain you have to phone them which is expansive from abroad. once on the phone they wer epefect and allowe dme to do second order for the same amount of what ive asked, so taht i can get back the records, only problem : most of them were already out of stock so i had to buy nu ones with the money, and hit my head on the wall for the ltd i couldnt find anywhere else .

www.decks-records.com : the site is really pretty, and updates really often. they get all the enws you want, but they are out of stock quite fast. ive ordered there once and everyhting was perfect, i got the records in less than one week.

www.axisrecords.com : get all the jeff mills stuff for really cheap !!! even with the post fees to france (quite expansive even wiht regular post) the records remained cheaper than in my shop. got the records fast, and i have to say even the pack is very smartn and the bill you get looks like a piece of art hhehe

duncandisorderly
02-01-2004, 10:43 AM
www.massiverecords.com

for all you vinyl needs in the uk.

spiralx
02-01-2004, 11:03 AM
www.only-djs.com

You can listen to the entire record online - all tracks on the vinyl and the whole of each song - and orders from them have only ever taken about 3 days to reach me using international shipping.

jonnyspeed
02-01-2004, 11:23 AM
BangingTunes - good because you can listen to tunes, get 'more like this' recommendations. However Kristian who works in their Brighton store is rude, never properly deals with your problem if it doesn't suit him and is from all contact I have had with him a twat. The Kenetic records end of their set-up in Little Portland Street is a gem and the attitude of James and Rachel could not be better.

Juno - good tunes, really badly designed and organised site. Never bought from them because they just have pages of text to sift through

Tuneinn - pretty good but never bought from them. Friend have with no complaints.

Spin-inn - Again never bought from them but know people who have without any problems.

My advise - if you can, get off your arse and go to the Banging Tunes shop in London.

278d7e64a374de26f==