PDA

View Full Version : So Far...

platform1
09-07-2008, 12:34 AM
A track ive been working on, im stuck on ideas for arrangments, trying to fit the middle synth bit in. But think its sound pretty cool so far

http://www.speedyshare.com/464354235.html

Opinions and words of wisdom please

Siege
09-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Like what u have so far....production sounds pretty good.
As a nice discordant feel to it...think the arrangement works,just add a couple of more elements in there.
Not too keen on the ride cymbals,just my preference though.
like to hear this when complete.

platform1
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Cheers mate... think ive finished it now... wot u reckon on the vocal sample is abit to cheesy!? seems to work but im unsure if i like it

http://www.speedyshare.com/918877735.html

Siege
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Think the vocal works, i quite like it.....id keep it, though it would still sound good without....seems to give it a little extra for me.
Really like the overall trk....love the melody, good arrangment....not on the monitors,but sounding pretty sweet this end, have a proper listen tomorrow.

Good work;)

Little_Fella!
18-07-2008, 04:59 AM
This track has the right elements for techno without a doubt - - quite nagging and yet has warmth on the bottom end - - good arrangement too...

The section which you bring in on 42 secs I like and I was looking for it again at around the 3 min mark - - I like the lead sound you start with but I think it will be more emphasized if you take it away for a few bars here n there, on a 'less is more' tip - - make it talk as such - - or you won't be able to extend the track much beyond 4 mins I think... plus your levels need balancing so I would reset your desk and bring everything in again on fresh ears - - :ruquestion:

I like the ride on my headphones but it didn't come across right on my monitors - so not sure on that - although it has the perfect tone for the track, I would thicken it up a bit... I would EQ your sounds a bit more too to add clarity giving that crystal clear feel to that nice synth sound you got going...

Aint been able to listen for a while and have enjoyed the mood of quite a few tracks that have been posted up - - nice one :cool:

Little_Fella!
18-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Oooopsy...

Have to say that I was working from your first linky as the second was has expired... :hmmm:

platform1
22-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Cheers for your comments little fella just the sorta advice i was looking for... i always find half way through the project i seem to lose track of the ideas i had when i started it.

Ive re-uploaded the track

http://www.speedyshare.com/908122584.html

I think its pretty much finished, theres a few minor improvments ive got in mind.. The mix is nice and warm, im not sure if i should brighten it up as i find the highs on my alesis monitors are alittle inacurrate. I always notice a difference when testing my tracks on other systems.

Little_Fella!
30-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Much better balance... as you know ....

../

Nice abstract nature again with that synth n vocal.. beterer thoo

good lead in with the ride (could be thicker)

(less is more) on that main lectronic lead you!

this is much bettter on production for me

....bounce on later on eh! ... crowd will like that :;

Little_Fella!
30-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Brightness is jus about right too ... do you think?

Sparkle is a thing that is hard to get hold of for me as i think i know what... but ears tell you porkies coz of tiredness... agreed all good on that .. maybe a slight tweek up but the dj or you playing your stuff would eq that anyways...:cool:

BloodStar
30-07-2008, 12:24 PM
just listening to 2nd version.
nice pumping track. vocal snip sounds pretty good, and that famous lead sound is sweet aswel. it remind some older track i've heard. don't remember what was it.
production sounds good. the only tihng is that closed hihat, which sounds too sharp to my ears.
good work...

278d7e64a374de26f==