PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal to hijack Barry move

Numeric
12-07-2008, 09:58 AM
it's probably bullshit but apparently the tabloids reckon that Arsenal are gonna swoop in and hijack Gareth Barry's move to Liverpool by making Villa a better offer

would be funny if it happened

Insomnia
13-07-2008, 02:36 AM
We should pull out all the stops and sign Villa, maybe Fabregas could swing him our way...

Numeric
13-07-2008, 11:26 AM
it's unlikely Villa will leave Spain, especially if Barca or Real come callin

i reckon Barry could be a good signin for you guys, in the middle with Fabregas, could be a good pairin

basslinejunkie
13-07-2008, 05:20 PM
i hopey they do, would stop us paying over the odds for a good,not great player.

Spacehopper
13-07-2008, 07:47 PM
agree with that.....alonso's probably staying coz juve have bought another midfielder so theres no point in wasting 18 million on barry....should buy david silva i reck

Will
14-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Nah, I hope you lot get him!

basslinejunkie
15-07-2008, 09:27 AM
nope,you can have him honestly!!! haha

Numeric
15-07-2008, 02:11 PM
word is Rafa still plans to sign Barry, and has to sell Alonso to raise the dollar

DJ RE:HAB
15-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Barrys better than Alonso...

But id be happy for him (alonso) to stay with us... as he aint that bad...

Plus his heart is in the right place as he loves the club something which modern day footballers are in short supply of..

Barry wont go to the Arse, all he has to do is say no.. He will feel like a foreigner joining them

Will
15-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm sure he'd jump at the chance. Surely Wenger wouldn't pay £18m though, or £15m for Kranjcar come to that, silly money in both cases, Arshavin is the way forward.

Hakka
17-07-2008, 09:17 AM
it's probably bullshit but apparently the tabloids reckon that Arsenal are gonna swoop in and hijack Gareth Barry's move to Liverpool by making Villa a better offer

would be funny if it happened

Yeah that would be well funny, and a good move by Arsenal.

Barry's fee is a joke though. Saying that, nearly all transfer fee's are well inflated of late.

Also, the tabloids have been writing so much shit over the last year, much worse in my eyes than recent years. It's getting frustrating reading so many lies to drum up sales.

basslinejunkie
17-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Barrys better than Alonso...

But id be happy for him (alonso) to stay with us... as he aint that bad...

Plus his heart is in the right place as he loves the club something which modern day footballers are in short supply of..

Barry wont go to the Arse, all he has to do is say no.. He will feel like a foreigner joining them

barry better than alonso?!? not a chance.

17-07-2008, 01:58 PM
barry better than alonso?!? not a chance.

If you look at his stats for last season he is mate.

The only thing alonso has over barry is his passing...

Still though barry has set up more, scored more from dead ball situations, is a better tackler of the ball, better header of the ball, is left footed can play in a holding role, can play on the wing can play @ Full back and hes quicker going forward, has more pace, the list could go on...

Alonso has been sussed in the prem like i said before, hes a great passer of the ball albeit he needs time to do it and if you close him down quickly hes useless...

Plus hes English, and with this new qouta being threatened it makes sense to sign him...

Not for £18 Million though..

Villa will back down over the valuation...

The have to now coz otherwise there left with a player they dont want now, and a player who doesnt want to be there... Arsenal wont pay £15 Million for him coz Wengers such a tightfisted Frog

Numeric
17-07-2008, 01:59 PM
word is O'Neil snubbed Barry when he returned to training, and now Barry's picked up an injury :lol:

xes
17-07-2008, 02:19 PM
mediocre signing for arsenal?

Should fit in well :lol:

17-07-2008, 03:49 PM
mediocre signing for arsenal?

Should fit in well :lol:

Barrys no more mediocre than Carrick, id say he is better than carrick but not worth 18Million.

Neither was Carrick, mind you United have a knack of paying well over the odds for players i still have a chuckle over the £26 Million you paid for Rooney & Veron the list could go on

Numeric
17-07-2008, 04:04 PM
xes is a spurs fan you clown :lol:

xes
17-07-2008, 04:17 PM
That's swhy we got rid of Carrick :cheese:

Numeric
17-07-2008, 04:27 PM
i despair sometimes because of Carrick, sleep walking his way through games, but like i've said before he was good for us the season before last, and still has his moments

Spacehopper
17-07-2008, 06:21 PM
apparantly rafas made robbie keane is number 1 priority which i think will be a great signing... i heard hes gonna go with a 3-5-2 formation, degen and dossena wing backs making up the midfield...with keane up front playing off torres...

id hope the team may look summet like...

reina

carra agger skrtel

degen dossena

gerrard masch barry

keane
torres

18-07-2008, 09:33 AM
xes is a spurs fan you clown :lol:

Hahahaha..

I thought he was a manc...

basslinejunkie
18-07-2008, 10:59 AM
due to us being so skint, i think we are no longer in the hunt for barry and are just persuing keane. which im very happy about. he would make much more diffrence to our team than barry.

also,villa are a disgrace. 14 mill for ronaldihno. 17+mill for barry.hmmmmmm.

Numeric
18-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Ronaldinho is fat and lazy though

18-07-2008, 11:38 AM
due to us being so skint, i think we are no longer in the hunt for barry and are just persuing keane. which im very happy about. he would make much more diffrence to our team than barry.

also,villa are a disgrace. 14 mill for ronaldihno. 17+mill for barry.hmmmmmm.

We will get both and have some spare pennies left over if all our sales go through for a winger... Talk of that Riera who use to play for city...He was gash there tho..

Unless Rafas planning on sticking Gerrard on the right again...

Surely he wouldnt tho...

He did score a few from there tho

basslinejunkie
18-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Ronaldinho is fat and lazy though

is he ****.

and even if he was fat and lazy, he'd still get in the top 3 players in the world, he is undoubted class.

basslinejunkie
18-07-2008, 12:55 PM
We will get both and have some spare pennies left over if all our sales go through for a winger... Talk of that Riera who use to play for city...He was gash there tho..

Unless Rafas planning on sticking Gerrard on the right again...

Surely he wouldnt tho...

He did score a few from there tho

alonso isnt going to juve now,so thats a big chunk of money we were expecting which now isnt there. so i think he will keep alonso and try and bring in keane.

Numeric
18-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Rafa said that you can't afford to buy both Barry and Keane

basslinejunkie
18-07-2008, 01:06 PM
has he?? its blantantly obvious really, we are in a dire state.

to be honest im quite worried.

18-07-2008, 01:50 PM
alonso isnt going to juve now,so thats a big chunk of money we were expecting which now isnt there. so i think he will keep alonso and try and bring in keane.

Nah Alonso i reckon will be gone before the transfer window closes...

It aint all that bad ya know..

you gotta remember we signed mascherano and skrtel this year aswell they cost in the region of £20 Million?

Rafas was given £20 Million to spend before he sold anyone...

which was how he bough Dossessna and that dodgy brazilian keeper... £10 Million

So thats £40 Million from the yanks... In 6 months? What more do you want...

They spent £50 Million before the start of last season??

18-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Carson has now signed for West Brom for £3.5 Million

Bit of a drop down from the £10 Million being qouted in the middle of last season..

English players of way overpriced...

Milan have bought Hleb £11 Million, Aimar £7 Million and Ronny £15 Million?

The Bentleys and Barrys of the prem are worth £15 - £20 Million plus?

Rumoured that Villa put in a £14 Million bid for Ronaldhino aswell, and they rate Barry @ £18 Million get to feck Martin Oneil!

278d7e64a374de26f==