PDA

View Full Version : please read this us its very important!!

4play
21-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Hi Mark & Chrissie! Sorry dont come on here us much us id like to, but thought this would be quite intresting to post!! catch up soon no doubt! Oh and roxxy sends her love chriisie! xx
.................................................. .................................................. .....

Civil liberties campaigners in Britain have launched an online petition against proposed changes to licensing laws for entertainment which could see private parties being outlawed!!

The proposed Public Entertainment Licensing Bill could make anyone hosting a house party liable to 6 months in jail or a £20,000 fine (US30,000) unless they obtain a formal licence in advance from local authorities.

Activists are also planning a demonstration in Parliament Square on Monday January 27 at 13.00, with email messages aiming to mobilise popular support.

"This is nothing less than fascism from people who are supposed to be our elected representatives, we MUST stop this law getting on to our statute books," said one circular going around music industry mailing lists.

"If you thought the CJB (Criminal Justice Bill) was bad, it's nothing compared to this."

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?2inabar

Heres the act, its quite vague on a lot of stuff but it seems to only apply to public performances rather than private parties:

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/ld200203/ldbills/001/03001.107-111.html#J1s1

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Don't forget, if you haven't checked this out DO SO NOW!

dj vorny
07-10-2003, 06:16 PM
thats mad that :twisted: :twisted: :shock:

dan the acid man
07-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Our government is getting worse :shock:

spiralx
08-10-2003, 01:47 AM
If the worst comes to the worst then thank **** for squat parties!

T
08-10-2003, 12:24 PM

and I feel it's only going to get worse :cry:

as the beastie boys once said "you gotta fight for your right to party"

dan the acid man
08-10-2003, 08:35 PM
and I feel it's only going to get worse :cry:

as the beastie boys once said "you gotta fight for your right to party"[/quote]

Might be a good sample idea if some one wants to do a protest record ;)

Bughead
09-10-2003, 12:19 AM
I take it this is not a piss take, It seems that the Greater European union decided some time ago that its citizens shouldnt have fun and decided to curb drinking and dancing and all types of fun.

Bring back the crusties, all is forgiven, now where did i leave my bus.

;-)

278d7e64a374de26f==