PDA

View Full Version : BAS MOOY - CONCRETE DJz - POUNDING GROOVES // August 1st / London

Xavi
14-07-2008, 03:55 PM
St. Matthews church - the MASS

Brixton SW2 - London

TECHNO HEAVYWIEGHTS

BAS MOOY / Audio assault / Arms // NL

CONCRETE DJz / Armatura /Blackout audio / Compound // SERBIA

POUNDING GROOVES / Fine Audio Rec. // UK

DDR / stay up forever // UK

NINJATEK / underground kommunity // IRELAND

MITA
23-07-2008, 07:50 PM
blimey! see ya there~

DVNT
24-07-2008, 09:02 AM
OOo. Gonna look at me finances. Bas and the Concrete... interesting. :)

MITA
25-07-2008, 09:47 PM
hope we meet @ The Mass Mike

force
25-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I really really, really, need to go to this.....

****ing hell!!!!!!!!!!

MITA
26-07-2008, 02:01 AM
may the force be with us! ;)

MITA
30-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Event Flyer

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/pajvan/UK-ConcreteDjz.jpg

nekro
30-07-2008, 02:09 PM
i wonder which room this will be in, can't imagine it being busy enough for the main arena

MITA
30-07-2008, 02:17 PM
event will take place in the main room as far as i know

Paul Zykotik
02-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Massively disappointed by this tbh. The line-up was superb but much, much more work is needed on the promotion as there was hardly anybody there. The only reason I found out about it is because a friend of mine was going to book DDR at 414 for that night and decided to postpone because he was already playing at Mass - had it not been for that, I'd have had no idea this was happening.

I've no doubt London has a fair few people into the harder sound, but with so few licensed events catering for them these people just don't bother looking anymore so you really have to go all out on the promotion and make them aware. Also tricky to entice people away from the illegal events that do cater for this end of the techno spectrum.

Was somewhat disappointed to find Lawrie and DDR had already been on there when we arrived at 12:30 as well...

Stuck around for about half an hour of Bas Mooy's set which was cool, but couldn't really get into the night and sadly left early. Not sure if this event will appear again as it must have made a serious loss, but if it does then it could do with a serious promotion improvement and also maybe using a smaller venue...

nekro
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
i don't think anyone in london can really be ****ed to go out anymore, what with the drinks prices and smoking ban. every club is pratically empty. seems like most people will just go to free/semi-legal events or organise their own private parties - much more fun to be had

i was actually in brixton on friday but didn't even consider going to this event cos i knew it would be empty

Paul Zykotik
06-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I think you're right. Plus the fact that the indulgences most people choose these days are not conducive to dancing and the ones that used to are now generally utter crap.

I gather the squats are still going well but my links with that scene have pretty much disappeared as everyone gets older, so a night like this one was ideal. Just a shame it didn't come off.

278d7e64a374de26f==