PDA

View Full Version : mark eg in la

jake
02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
saw ur name on a flyer mark.. ill go if u play techno :twisted:

DROID
02-01-2004, 10:28 PM
hey hey.....i live in LA as well. love this forum wouldnt mind hearing you play some good techno either, but knowing LA rave promoters they will overcharge for a crummy overused venue, substandard sound, and usually lame opener djs who make it really hard to endure the party till the headliner comes on :lol:

well anyway lets us know more about this gig

peace in 2004

jonnyspeed
03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
LA sounds like a place I wouldn't like to live. Image a world without free partys and clubs playing banging techno every weekend :cry:

Why is avin' it party techno just not an American thing? I think there are the punters but obviously not the artists in an close geographic area - or maybe they are just stuck at the pie shop with Carl Cox or in detroit slowly disappearing up their own arses.

Canada - now that that's a place to live Richie Hawtin and mountain biking :)

The Overfiend
03-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Cause Americans consume pop culture so unless you're signed to Moonshine no one knows you.

jonnyspeed
03-01-2004, 11:29 PM
not all of them, surely? We are just lucky in Europe that we have strong and diverse scenes and lots of people who just want to do parties rather than make money. But its like anything, promotion and collaboration is everything.

MARKEG
04-01-2004, 03:08 AM
yeah i'm going to play full on hard techno i think this time.

unless the floor gets dodgy but i'll give it a damn good run and see how far i get.

you must come and intro yourselves at the end too!!!

jake
04-01-2004, 11:27 PM
hehe whats the date ur coming out here? sadly even carl cox says la sucks for techno hehe

DROID
04-01-2004, 11:51 PM
LA sounds like a place I wouldn't like to live. Image a world without free partys and clubs playing banging techno every weekend :cry:

Why is avin' it party techno just not an American thing? I think there are the punters but obviously not the artists in an close geographic area - or maybe they are just stuck at the pie shop with Carl Cox or in detroit slowly disappearing up their own arses.

Canada - now that that's a place to live Richie Hawtin and mountain biking :)

dont knock it till u try it.....theres actually plenty of cheap/free hard techno parties if u know where to look. as for LA....we dont have big clubs playing techno everyweekend.

rather 2-3 times a month there are underground techno parties with local djs and sometimes big headliners. who cares bout carl cox...some names we've had in LA in the past 6 months. DAN BELL, ADAM BEYER, HAWTIN, BRYAN ZENTZ, TIM XAVIER, HYPERACTIVE, SELWAY, ADAM JAY, FANON FLOWERS, DJ BONE, KEN ISHI.

so how much they chargin for da gig mark eg? im down to say wattup.

MARKEG
05-01-2004, 12:09 AM
dunno man.. but ya must come and say hi and let us know if there's any parties afterwards.

lulu
05-01-2004, 12:10 AM
tha sounds wicked

DROID
05-01-2004, 04:08 AM
dunno man.. but ya must come and say hi and let us know if there's any parties afterwards.

will do....so u really like sylvster stallone as ur avatar suggests? :rambo:

jake
05-01-2004, 07:07 AM
thats chow yun fat foo

DROID
05-01-2004, 08:12 AM
damn...then it will be even harder to spot him if he plays at orion :doh: ;) :crackup:

tekku7181
05-01-2004, 08:32 AM
LOL @ sylvester stallone,,,put the pipe down and take 2 steps back :clap:

but at least u guys got techno down :cool:

DROID
07-01-2004, 01:59 PM
sleeping monkey...bean eating dragon :crackup: :cool:

DROID
29-01-2004, 05:35 AM
hey hey i found the gig mark is playing at

http://www.district24events.com/

hehe a good ole rave at qtopia :P

any list spots? ;) btw how long are u in town? maybe u can come visit the droid studio at drumcells house

g
29-01-2004, 06:25 AM
was about to say i'd love to come check it out mark, but based on that flier i might not be able to take it. goddamn multi room american circus rave bullshit. er, hope it's fun 'n all :headache: :)

but vidal is right, there are some good things going on in LA... you just have to find them. most of the time the droid guys are responsible anyway

Tobe Cypher23
29-01-2004, 09:49 AM
What sort of music are they playing in the other arenas? Couldn't find it on the flyer. Never heard of half the dj's so wuz abit unsure.

Will it be full of candy kids ;)

Heard that water bottles are considered drug paraphanelia in the states and are banned. Any truth to this?

jake
29-01-2004, 10:29 AM
richard humpty vission is a radio dj in la - plays house or hard house
dj rap is that hot jungle chik from the twix commercial ;)
the rest is local trance, drum and bass and hard house :(

hehe thats only a rumor tobe.. at least theres a nice sound system at qtopia but that is a tired la lineup with the exception of mr. blackout audio himself.

Tobe Cypher23
29-01-2004, 11:50 AM
So Mark's arena is going to be house or hard house, break beat and pounding techno :doh: different :doh: . Gonna be a wierd mix of people there. Could work. Sounds like the early days of rave.

As for that rumour, this lad I know went to a uni for a year in the states and at his campus repetitive dance music was banned due to an xtc death there.

serox
29-01-2004, 12:07 PM
the love groove? hehehe
would mark even be able to play anything from blackout there?

Dave Elyzium
29-01-2004, 01:31 PM
"LOve Groove" Danny Rampling got anythign to do with this?? :)

ANyway whats wrong with ahaving a mix of styles in the one room??? why does everyone shit there pants at the prospect of having to listen to some top tunes from different corners of the spectrum??

Tobe Cypher23
29-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Not shitting my kecks dood...just commenting.

Used to go to Megadogs religiously since 1994 and they mixed techno, dub, acid house, acid and a whole load of music that I can't put into a category with acts such as Underworld, Orbital, fluke, advent...this list goes on and on...mixed with dj's such as Carl Cox, Darren Emerson, Andy Weatherall, Sven Väth, etc

Very special nights. Non purist and ****ing brilliant!!!!

g
29-01-2004, 06:23 PM
"LOve Groove" Danny Rampling got anythign to do with this?? :)

ANyway whats wrong with ahaving a mix of styles in the one room??? why does everyone shit there pants at the prospect of having to listen to some top tunes from different corners of the spectrum??

no, variety is great. variety that's all bad music is not. more often than not, that's what you get here.

jake
30-01-2004, 12:11 AM
hehe michael dog is cool

MARKEG
30-01-2004, 12:56 AM
right it's gonna be hard ****in techno baby.. get yourselves down.

MARKEG
30-01-2004, 12:56 AM
right it's gonna be hard ****in techno baby.. get yourselves down.

Antinoise
30-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Its a damm shame whats happend to Techno here in LA. Mark I'd love to say bring your hardest shit.. but that would be just for Jake and I.. .. Best bring on the funky techno if you want to keep the asian ravers happy.

People just arn't ****ing angry enough here.. fu** sh** fu** sh** damm f** sh**.
-G

Antinoise
05-02-2004, 09:59 AM
How about we organize a last min afterhours underground. We can wisk Mark away from the good times at the rave to a real underground techno bang-on!!

gunjack
06-02-2004, 03:16 AM
i been thinkin bout going going back back to cali cali too...........

DROID
06-02-2004, 07:24 AM
werd......lets get a warehouse goin hehe

droid can possibly muster enough support if we start now

Antinoise
06-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Mark.. are you flying out ASAP?

MARKEG
06-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Well Jeff who's booked me hasn't been in touch so I haven't got a clue when I'll be flying out. If anyone sees him tell him to contact me!!!

DROID
16-02-2004, 02:23 AM
yo mark...are u coming tonight?

if not lemme know cuzi wouldnt waste my time with this wiggity ass party if u aint gonn be there to bang it. everyone else sux :neutral:

but ur cool :clap:

gunjack
16-02-2004, 02:33 AM
gimme a new track for dm06 v.

The Overfiend
16-02-2004, 03:20 AM
i been thinkin bout going going back back to cali cali too...........

http://www.tdart.com/NewFiles/BIGGIE.jpg

278d7e64a374de26f==