Mucky Beats
21-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Sequence Vs The Techno Experiment

Bank Holiday Friday
22nd August 2008
10.00pm till 5.00am
£12 NUS & Advance / £14 OTD

Room One: -
Robert Hood presents The Grey Area (M-Plant, Axis, Tresor)
Cj Bolland (R&S Records)
James Ruskin (Tresor, Blueprint)
Rob Hall (Skam, Gescom)
Computer Controlled (Sequence)
Mucky Beats & Oriel (Techno Experiment)

Room Two: -
Milanese - LIVE (Planet Mu, Warp)
Blackmass Plastics (Combat, Rag & Bone)
Michael Forshaw - LIVE (Chan & Mikes, SMB)
Teutonic Kaboom (Electrode, Data-Trace)
P45 - LIVE (Sequence)
Tiptoe & Just Frank (The Techno Experiment)
D Jacques & Mark Anderson (The Techno Experiment)

Bar: James Durkin & Phil Denton (Dirty Analogue), Ben Marsden & Carlo Ribeiro (Squelch), Waspnest Dj's, Tribal Tactics & Maze (Tech Fest), Trevor Savory & Jamie Wilson (Damage), Dan Bruce & Dom Lewey, Brain Grenade Dj's & Freaks Boutique Dj's

----------------------------------------------
Following on from the massive launch party in July, August's edition of Sequence sees a mighty collaboration with Manchester crew The Techno Experiment for an unmissable event taking place on Friday of the August bank holiday weekend at Sankeys.

Detroit based minimal techno legend Robert Hood heads up the stellar line-up in the main. Along with Jeff Mills and Mike Banks, Robert was one of the original founders of Underground Resistance, a record label whose influential releases helped change the face of modern electronic music, sparking a creative resistance. As well as U.R. and his own M-Plant imprint, Robert has recorded on the likes of Axis and Metroplex, with a production style placing emphasis on soul and experimentation over flash and popularity. Although associated with Belgium, Cj Bolland was born in Yorkshire in 1971. His early releases on R&S Records are recognised as the best-known of his career, from the turbo-charged anthem 'Horsepower' on the 1991 'Ravesignal III' and 1992's 'Fourth Sign' which included the hypnotic 'Camargue' and the galloping 'Night Breed'. It's not usual you see Cj in the UK, so don't miss this rare chance to see a true European techno legend in action! London based producer and Dj, James Ruskin, is one of the all-time UK greats. Since he first burst onto the scene in the mid-1990's he's risen to be the top of his game through his productions on the likes of Blueprint and Tresor along with Dj appearances all over the world, helping propel his status as a leading light of the international techno scene. Support from Gescom and Skam collaborator Rob Hall, in our opinion, one of the finest Dj's around and a regular player at Sequence, along with Sequence and Techno Experiment residents, Computer Controlled, Mucky Beats and Oriel.

Room two sees a change in musical direction with headlining appearances from Milanese, Blackmass Plastics and Michael Forshaw. Milanese has released his music through Warp, Planet Mu, Combat and Arcola with his unique sound bordering on dubstep, techno and bass. He has played at Sequence many times, always devastating the crowd with his digital grime-core heavy productions. Blackmass Plastics, a veteran to many a scene, first came to prominence for his releases with The Deadsilence Syndicate and through his own label, Thorn Industries. His gritty, bass-heavy sound takes in a variety of influences including early 90's rave and 80's electro and industrial. Michael Forshaw is one of our favourite techno/electro producers and his releases on his own Chan N Mikes imprint and SMB remain firm Sequence bombs to this day. His off-the-wall sound is completely unique, mixing up different styles and influences including techno, electro and Chicago booty tracks. Support in room two from Sequence resident P45, Electrode resident Teutonic Kaboom and Techno Experiment crew Tiptoe, Just Frank, D Jacques and Mark Anderson.

The bar will be taken over by friends of both Sequence and The Techno Experiment... some of the most skilled, up-and-coming Djs from the area and people who we think firmly deserve a shot! It's shaping up to be a massive night and one of our biggest parties of the bank holiday weekend so stick it in your diaries, hope to see some of you down the front!

---------------------------------------------
Sankeys, Radium Street, Manchester, M4 6AY
T: (0161) 2365444

Manchester Ticket Outlets: Eastern Bloc (Oldham Street), Piccadilly Records (Oldham Street) & Video Scene (Withington)
NUS Only Ticket Outlets: Gaffs (Fallowfield) & Revolution (Fallowfield)
Available online from www.ticketline.co.uk and www.skiddle.com

Buy online at: skiddle.com

Coaches running from Leeds (Joe - 0782 8914732), North Wales (Danni - 0776 5606720) & Mid Wales (Frank - 0785 4844243)

For more info go to: www.computercontrolled.co.uk / www.myspace.com/thetechnoexperiment
Contact us: computercontrolled@btinternet.com / thetechnoexperiment@hotmail.co.uk
Infolines: (0787) 9843224 / (0778) 9967525 / (0791) 7877166

http://a438.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/1/l_773d1a0e8d537272887f9509008f2a25.jpg

Siege
22-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Nice!......... im there;)

ComputerControlled
23-07-2008, 05:43 PM
O.I. gonna be well badmanzzzzz like..

Mucky Beats
24-07-2008, 12:13 PM
too right guys...CJ Bolland is smashing it at mo by all acounts from glade....carnt wait for his set !

Mucky Beats
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
WOW this event is going to be off the hook ! getting wicked feedback people comming from all over uk and a real buzz round manchester... sankeys is going back to its roots with these kinda of events.... carnt wait for hood , ruskin and bolland to rip the hell out of the best soundsystem in town !

ComputerControlled
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
ello all. it's nearly two weeks and counting till our bank holiday friday party at sankeys, this time co-promoted with manchester's hardest working promoters, the techno experiment.

for those of you local who are planning on making the trip down, tickets are on sale in the usual outlets, you can get them at: -

eastern bloc (oldham street, northern quarter)
piccadilly records (oldham street, northern quarter)
gaffs (fallowfield)
revolution (fallowfield)

for those of you travelling, buy online at http://www.ticketline.co.uk and skiddle here: http://www.skiddle.com/events/11242701.

if anyone wants any info on places to stay, drink and eat in manchester drop me an e-mail and i'll do my best to point you in the right direction. if anyone is just planning on getting the train up and back, we're doing a nice little afterparty that is going to run till 9am-ish (i think) so no hanging around in train stations. we have a rather splendid venue 100% confirmed, to be revealed shortly.

i have some tickets for personal sale and they've been flying out... if anyone wants to buy a few give me a shout and i'll come meet you in manchester somewhere!

for anything else give me a shout on 0787 9843224. hope to see some of you there, it's one hell of a mighty lineup and shouldn't be missed...

http://www.computercontrolled.co.uk

Mucky Beats
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
under 2 weeks carnt waittttttttttttttttttttt

Tiptoe
16-08-2008, 07:50 PM
For this event we will also be giving away 200 mix cd's to the first 200 people through the door mixed by residents Tiptoe, Mucky Beats and Oriel!

Technologic
17-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Looks phat. Wish i could ;(

I'm sure it'll be a belter!

Mucky Beats
18-08-2008, 06:11 PM
For this event we will also be giving away 200 mix cd's to the first 200 people through the door mixed by residents Tiptoe, Mucky Beats and Oriel!

for this i did a new mix and at the end a mini 20min live set

davethedrummer
18-08-2008, 07:05 PM
looks well tasty this line-up
wish i could make it meself

ComputerControlled
20-08-2008, 02:51 PM
ello all. just a few things to mention about this friday's huge sequence vs techno experiment party.

TICKETS / PAYING ON THE DOOR: tickets have started to fly out this week, but you can still get them in the manchester outlets: eastern bloc (oldham street, northern quarter), piccadilly records (oldham street, northern quarter), gaffs (fallowfield), revolution (fallowfield)
you can also buy them online at skiddle here: http://www.skiddle.com/events/11242701
for those of you undecided, as with all clubnights at sankeys you'll be able to get them on the door. we reckon it's gonna be very busy, so get down early!

DRESS CODE: sankeys have a great door team and are there to keep it as one of the safest clubs to go to, but please bear this in mind... there isn't a 'dress code' as such but the bouncers can be a bit picky. please don't turn up with tracksuits or baseball caps on, big groups of lads in shirts and shoes might struggle too. you'll be fine in trainers, jeans, t-shirts and that type of thing.
also if you're smashed when getting in the queue and they see it, you won't be getting in.

AFTERPARTY: those of you who don't know when to go home or are travelling to manchester will be glad to know that we have an afterparty on, at alter ego, 105-107 princess street. the event will run from 4am till 8am with loads of djs playing from the night and cheap as chips to get in...
check out the event link on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=67918970354&ref=ts

if anyone has any questions give me a buzz on 0787 9843224 or drop me a mail here.

hope you can all make it, it's shaping up to be a wicked night and there's plenty of bank holiday recovery time too... :-)

Siege
21-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Good bunch of us having this, though were not gonna que as a big group......i know what the door staff can be like.....if your face dont fit, u aint getting in.
Hopefully be no problems.

Mucky Beats
21-08-2008, 05:36 PM
tbh mate bouncers ace lot more laid back with our event as know our crowd gunna be little difrent hehe! its not so much the face dont fit thing just if you look like ur gunna cause trouble or to wrecked b4 you try to get in, trick is like you say to not to que in big group of lads.

Tiptoe
21-08-2008, 09:07 PM
for this i did a new mix and at the end a mini 20min live set

Yeah Mucky Platic Beats pounding it out ha ha!

Mucky Beats
22-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah Mucky Platic Beats pounding it out ha ha!

what that tiptoe is playing another electro house set .... whats that he is playing dizzy rascal remixes

Miss Saysay
22-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I cant go unfortunately, have a top night, im sure CJ will ROCK IT !! :cool:

FuK-NuT
22-08-2008, 12:47 PM
silly silly silly line up...would LUV to be there...

on ya go muckerz... ;)

Siege
24-08-2008, 02:47 AM
another stormer of a night!...........well done guys;)

278d7e64a374de26f==