PDA

View Full Version : Barry Booed By Villa Fans

DJ RE:HAB
23-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Gareth Barry was subject to some bad abuse yesterday when he appeared in a friendly for the villa... Looks like Martin Batty O'Neil sent him out to the wolves.

I think Villa fans are out of order.

Gareth Barry has given Villa 10 Long hard years were he has played numerous positions and has always been a good professional.

He wants to leave to further his career and play CL Football.

Its a shame to think that the fans have turned on him now because he wants to leave and because he openly stated that the manager was too busy in the Euros being a pundit to talk make contact with him in anyway... Which was true...

He will go cheaper now than the £18 Million as Villa obviously cant keep him...

So in a sense Marting Oneil and his ridiclous pricing has shot himself in the foot.

Numeric
23-07-2008, 10:26 AM
O'Neil has stood firm on price from the start of this charade so i don't think that a few Villa fans booing Barry at an away friendly are gonna have much effect

tbf i also think that the fans booing him is a little out of order

Insomnia
23-07-2008, 03:23 PM
10 years loyalty to the club and he gets booed!!

Sad bastards!!

davemoore
23-07-2008, 03:26 PM
its funny isnt it that the fans love him and want him to stay but yet what a funny way of showing it .. if i was barry i would go **** em innit!!!

dan the acid man
24-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Lets be honest, if any of us got offered shit loads more money to do a job we'd be off in a shot, the fans are out of order here imo

Frank Dogshit
25-07-2008, 10:32 PM
while on the subject what does everyone think of the friedel signing? as a rovers fan i was a bit gutted at first as brad has been outstanding for us. best keeper we've had....more so than tim flowers imo. looking at it now though im quite pleased weve got rid while we can. at 37 hes probably only got a couple of seasons left in him and whatever you say about paul robinson you dont become a bad goalkeeper over night. just think he needs a change like friedel did at liverpool and he'll go on to be another shrewd signing for blackburn.

dan the acid man
25-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Like you say it's good for both of you and them, Friedel is class, but like you say he's getting on and only has a limited ammount of time left.

As for Robinson, he just lost a bit of confidence last year, which is all important for a goalkeeper, when you make a mistake it usually costs you big time, so when your head drops you tend to make more, but the talents still there.

Numeric
28-07-2008, 10:34 AM
i don't rate Robinson, could be a bad signing for you as he is prone to making errors, we'll see though

278d7e64a374de26f==