PDA

View Full Version : What a fight!

Siege
27-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Anyone see last nights boxing between Cotto and Margarito??
Was an absolute war!! Margarito ended Cottos unbeaten run to claim the WBA title...
Every single round was exciting to watch, with both trading blows throughout.
In the end Margaritos relentless onslaught proved too much for Cotto and his team threw in the towel.

Some of the shots Margarito took were unbelievable....guy as a granite chin!

Barely Human
27-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Didn't catch the fight.

Best war ive ever seen in a professional match was between Don Frye and Yoshihiro Takayama at Pride.

Carnage - http://youtube.com/watch?v=wgAp0jcpYYc

Aratron
27-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Didn't catch the fight.

Best war ive ever seen in a professional match was between Don Frye and Yoshihiro Takayama at Pride.

gay pride?

Siege
27-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Didn't catch the fight.

Yeah, i seen that.....quality!

If ya can get to see last nights fight on the re-run, go watch.........fight of the year candidate!

Siege
27-07-2008, 04:31 PM
gay pride?

haha...That Don Frye does look a bit YMCA.....hard b*stard though.

fatcollective
27-07-2008, 09:51 PM
yea i watched it, great fight indeed!

Insomnia
27-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah i saw it, was a quality battle throughout!

Cotto looked like he'd been in a car crash when he were stopped...

fatcollective
28-07-2008, 11:58 AM
i thought Cotto had a good fight, its just everything he threw didnt seem to hurt Margarito, although he was throwing some great punches and combinations! Margarito is one tough motherfuvcker fair play!

basslinejunkie
28-07-2008, 01:30 PM
im surprised cotto went down to be honest, maybe the fact that he was hitting him with everything he had to no avvail made him think **** it il quit

Siege
28-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Even though Margarito is now the new WBA champion, he may still struggle to get BIG fights....probably the most avoided boxer there is imo
He relinquished his IBF belt so he could fight Cotto ,instead of taking on a mandatory defence against Joshua Clottey,who will now fight Zab Judah for the vacated belt........Margarito as added a massive scalp to his record in Cotto and that will be a big factor in securing him other possible big fights in the future , but i dont think him now holding the WBA belt will make much difference..... all hes done really is swap versions of the world title.
Andre Berto holds the WBC version that Mayweather left when retiring,so theres a possible unification fight there for Margarito, but other than that,i cant see many wanting to take him on.....
Mayweather and Shane Mosley both turned down bouts for 8million to fight Margarito in the past and Delahoya as recently stated he wont fight him either,apparently down to some bullshit politics about them both being mexican??
Going of saturdays performance i can see why fighters dont fancy it;)

Richierush
28-07-2008, 09:34 PM
seen the replay on setanta last nite,great fight both throwin good punches, but threw alot of rounds you could see it hurtin Cotto more an his head wasnt init for alot but came back with some quality punches even when i thought he'd had it,reminded me a bit of 1 round of greham earl last year

Richierush
28-07-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y17SkkmVQfg

Siege
29-07-2008, 12:35 AM
the old battle with Katsdidis.......that was a great fight.
Hes never been the same though since taking that drumming

In fact,the only fight hes had since that was against Khan, and we seen what happened there.

Will
29-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Here's a link (hopefully) to probably the best fight I've ever seen Yamazaki v Albright (UWFI Bushido) did anyone used to watch that? I couldn't get it to work because I don't have permission to install the DL program...

http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view2978074.html

Will
29-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Does anyone know what an ace crusher is? Apparently Albright died after being hit with one in 2000, though I think it was because he had some arterial disease or something and they said it was natural causes.

SlavikSvensk
01-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Delahoya as recently stated he wont fight him either,apparently down to some bullshit politics about them both being mexican??
Going of saturdays performance i can see why fighters dont fancy it;)

de la hoya wants to retire with a win...and he doesn't think he can beat margarito. no one does, really :)

Siege
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Heard the other day that Margaritos next fight will be against Paul Williams, he beat Margarito not so long back in a close points decision.
Cant see that happening this time round though...if it happens.
Williams is a nightmare to face, 6"3, quick and a puncher....but Margarito will want to avenge that loss and i think he will......last time he started of a bit too slow.

278d7e64a374de26f==