PDA

View Full Version : Barry staying at Villa

Spacehopper
30-07-2008, 06:02 PM
said on sky sports news just now that aston villa have announced that barry will be definitely staying.....after all that!!!!

im glad really coz 17.5 mill plus steve finnan is tooooo much...

keep alonso and focus on the wings please benitez!!

Numeric
31-07-2008, 09:39 AM
aye, yesterday the Daily Mail posted on their website that a deal had been agreed for him to move to Liverpool, one of my kopite mates was givin it the big un, like it was an amazing signin or somin

how i laughed when the news broke that he's stayin at Villa :lol:

lukekendall
31-07-2008, 12:49 PM
they dont need him anyway!! alonso is a far better player

basslinejunkie
31-07-2008, 01:17 PM
they dont need him anyway!! alonso is a far better player

yup! by a mile in my book. a much more acomplised player.

DJ REHAB
31-07-2008, 01:35 PM
aye, yesterday the Daily Mail posted on their website that a deal had been agreed for him to move to Liverpool, one of my kopite mates was givin it the big un, like it was an amazing signin or somin

how i laughed when the news broke that he's stayin at Villa :lol:

He aint staying...

Martin Oneil and Randy Bender can set all the deadlines they want on transfers.

Fact is the only transfer deadline there is, is deadline on the 31st August.

The deal was ready to be done yesterday apparently but instead of the fee being paid whic was to be split into 4 or 5 payments Villa wanted it in 2? Which is why Villas imaginery deadline was missed as LFC had to look into whether this could be done and was right for LFC.

MON has acted like a kid, fact is Barry wants out, he will just hand in a transfer request and lose his loyalty bonus etc etc..

Setting deadlines a month before the real transfer deadline shows up villa and there manager for what they are, a mid tabled team and a manager who won the SPL managing 1 of the 2 teams that always win it..

Oneil will end up with egg on his face and we will get barry..

Barry is better than alonso as ive said before, if you dont believe me look @ the stats for the last god knows how long

basslinejunkie
31-07-2008, 01:39 PM
im not interested in stats.someone in that position is there mainly for their passing and vision. alonso is a mile ahead of barry in this department. sure barry might score more goals than xabi,which would obviously be welcome,but i doubt his role should he come to us be that.

i bet one of the bottom 3 goalies is near the top of the stats for shots saved. does that mean they are the best keeper in the leauge? no.

your rigth about o'neill though, what a cock. highly unprofessional and hes just making a joke of villa.

Numeric
31-07-2008, 02:00 PM
MON has acted like a kid

no, Martin O'Neil has handled the situation extremely well

basslinejunkie
31-07-2008, 02:02 PM
no, Martin O'Neil has handled the situation extremely well

spent any of that golden handshake on a big bag of green by any chance??.............

Numeric
31-07-2008, 02:06 PM
from a Villa perspective (and i'm no Villa fan), he's done well

O'Neil doesn't want Barry to leave, and thus far he's done everything within his power to make sure that he stays, O'Neil is doing what he believes is best for his club and more power to him i say

DJ REHAB
31-07-2008, 02:24 PM
from a Villa perspective (and i'm no Villa fan), he's done well

O'Neil doesn't want Barry to leave, and thus far he's done everything within his power to make sure that he stays, O'Neil is doing what he believes is best for his club and more power to him i say

I see your point.

But the end of the day is that if Barry stays he will have a player who doesnt want to be there; Wont give 100% when he plays, Will damage the morale of the team/club; And will p*ss the other team members off him being there.

To set deadlines when there is only one transfer deadline is ludicrous.

Barry dont owe oneill s*it, hes acted like a b*ll and when this transfer goes through it will all come out how much of idiot he has been over this matter...

Hes gone well well down in my estimation...

DJ RE:HAB
31-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Spot the Difference anyone?

Looks like i had two accounts...

Numeric
31-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Barry is a professional and will still do his best for Villa if he ends up stayin, what kind of message would he be sending to potential new employers if he spits his dummy out and won't perform for his current manager if he doesn't get his own way, and don't forget he has his England career to think about also

the only reason you're hatin on O'Neil is because he's not rolling over for your club to take one of his best players, why should he? he has to do his best for Villa and is doing so

Numeric
31-07-2008, 03:43 PM
i did notice your extra account, gabber land :lol:

Numeric
03-08-2008, 06:27 AM
looks as though the Barry move could be back on then after all

DJ RE:HAB
04-08-2008, 09:19 AM
looks as though the Barry move could be back on then after all

I knew Martin O'Neil would end up looking like the tool he is....

Looks like Alonso could be on his way to the Gooners...

I reckon he will go for £14 Million.... i think hes worth more than that but cant see Arsense the Mither Wenger paying anymore than that...

Him & Fabregas in the Middle of the park for Arsenal should be a good combo, considering they worked so well in the Euros when they played...

Mind you neither can tackle to save there lives...

Will
04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Arsenal quite often play 4-5-1, so they could work together, would be an interesting signing if it happens...

278d7e64a374de26f==