PDA

View Full Version : dubstep/electro yoke!

stjohn
30-07-2008, 06:45 PM
hey there people from the internets.. this is the 1st thing in a while ive been into what i was doing.. the last few projects just havnt been too inspiring. anyway as usuall id love to hear of some areas i could fix up
thanks

www.chrome-metronome.net/dribble.mp3

rhythmtech
30-07-2008, 06:49 PM
band *cough* wagon *cough* :lol:

only kiddin rory

all sounds nice and dark. that dave clarke-esqe delayed stab is beautiful.

i think the snares need brightenin up a touch and id filthy up that lfo'd bass and maybe change the note placement as it seems very static on the beat.

gis a shot of yer knockers!!!!

stjohn
30-07-2008, 07:22 PM
u can have a shot anytime.
yea ur right about the bass.. its needs some work.. im just also trying to avoid that standard dubstep growl. ill fix up the snare too. cheers

DannyBlack
31-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I like this Rory, it makes me moist.

I know you're trying to avoid the dubstep standard growl, but there is a whole world of nastiness you can do with Sub bass. Heres a few videos for you:

Coki- spongebob. A demon of a bass line!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEyR27fvGc

Coki- Burnin'- sexy sexy sexy track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1q84ceFedo

Boom Bye Batty Boy- bit of dance hall ruffness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iVoCUjWNSc

stjohn
01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I like this Rory, it makes me moist.

I know you're trying to avoid the dubstep standard growl, but there is a whole world of nastiness you can do with Sub bass. Heres a few videos for you:

Coki- spongebob. A demon of a bass line!!

Coki- Burnin'- sexy sexy sexy track.

Boom Bye Batty Boy- bit of dance hall ruffness.

Thanks for the listen man... ye i like the growly shit too.. but i just think that when the dubstep fever blows over there will thousands of growly bassline stuff, each not very different to the next. and i want to make something slightly different. maybe ill get another sub to fill in some spaces.

thanks for the listen and comments lads

Siege
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
DLing now Rory

BloodStar
01-08-2008, 05:34 PM
i like it. content wise, cant comment as i like it as it is. nice bass tones.
production sounds good. i agree with mr. rhythmtech about snares and basslines.
personally i would mash those little break with some dub siren delays and also I would try to wet all those pad atmo sounds bit more.
nice track.

Siege
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Sounding good matey.............good progression throughout.

just the pointers Baz mentioned and maybe fit another sub in there like you said...

nice work;)

p_brane
09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
nice and dark.

personally i'd have gone more apeshit on the atmospheric drones that come in towards the end.

really do think it would benefit from some more beef down below.

good track though, do you write much of this kind of stuff st.john?

Jay Pace
23-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Mate, I loved this. Production sounds schwwwweeeeeet, nice use of space and nice depth and sparkle to everything.

Really digging the vibe you have with this. Not got much to add beyond that though. Cracking stuff.

We going to see a submission to BOA networx from you dude?

stjohn
29-10-2008, 06:34 AM
thanks guys!! really encouraging words.

@pbrane: i have a soft spot for weirder breakier stuff alright, although alot of my stuff seems to end up as techno, even if i start it as something else. usually i just go with the flow. glad you like, ill be going back to this in a bit :)

@jay: u will indeed, ive loads of shit to round up, probly way too much actually. but hopefully it will be soon and ill keep one or 2 for the netlabel

thanks again ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==