PDA

View Full Version : new night

academy boi
04-01-2004, 04:56 AM
im wanting to start a new night at a club in plymouth playing all genres of hard dance music techno hard trance etc the usuall stuff i was wondering if neone could help me by telling me how best to go about this im good friends with most of the local promoters in the area so getting djs wouldnt be a problem i would very much appreaciate the advice or input ne one could give me

subsonic
05-01-2004, 03:03 PM
DO YOU HAVE A VENUE YET
if not get one flyer every where within a 20mile plus radious poster every where and dont bank on making money from your first event
get a good sound system if you know the local dj's/promoters in the area you have got a start there get a website up and runing as well always helps
well good luck mate let us know whats what ;)

K Front
05-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Which venues were you thinking of using mate?

disco diva
05-01-2004, 04:03 PM
pretty much what Subsonic say's really, shop around for the best venue, make it a small one, poss a back room of a bar something like that, lots of advertising, word of mouth etc, plug it on all the chat/clubbing forums. Get yourself some flyers/posters made up, do your own to start of with, cut cost as much as poss, like Subsonic say's you'll prob lose cash to start of with but keep at it & it will pay of in the long run!! ;)

Hakka.
05-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm happy to help you mate. Give us a pm with your number and I will give you a call.

academy boi
06-01-2004, 02:31 PM
i havent even thought that far ahead yet but i was thinking about using a bar at first i reckon tom would let me use the academy (back room)

K Front
06-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeh i thought the last re-wire was pretty good in there..

disco diva
06-01-2004, 03:19 PM
IMO I think its always best to start somewhere small, get a good little following etc. ;)

subsonic
06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
keep us informed mate good luck with it all ;)

academy boi
06-01-2004, 04:08 PM
did not expect this kinda respounce wow thank you for all the offers of help etc will keep you all informed

now to get off my ass and start doing sumthing about it

subsonic
07-01-2004, 09:34 AM
did not expect this kinda respounce wow thank you for all the offers of help etc will keep you all informed

now to get off my ass and start doing sumthing about it
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

academy boi
07-01-2004, 02:10 PM
whoooo hooo looks like things are getting started

DJ Corbzy
07-01-2004, 11:13 PM
As SS said, flyer like a ****er, compete fairly with competitors, put all your effort into and you will have your pride at the end of the night even if you don't have any money in your hand, sort out a good system and make sure you get the club/bar to promote you, a good owner/promoter relationship is highly needed to succeed, check dates against other events to make sure you don't clash with the other big local raves.

You probs won't make much money at first but keep going at it and you'll be a happy man... ;)

subsonic
08-01-2004, 08:26 AM
As SS said, flyer like a ****, compete fairly with competitors, put all your effort into and you will have your pride at the end of the night even if you don't have any money in your hand, sort out a good system and make sure you get the club/bar to promote you, a good owner/promoter relationship is highly needed to succeed, check dates against other events to make sure you don't clash with the other big local raves.

You probs won't make much money at first but keep going at it and you'll be a happy man... ;)

or woman ;)

academy boi
08-01-2004, 03:32 PM
man

subsonic
08-01-2004, 03:56 PM
sorry i just thought with your name being ceri you was a bird :lol: :lol:

academy boi
08-01-2004, 03:57 PM
tut tut

ceri tis the most mascyling name possible

DJ Corbzy