PDA

View Full Version : Quality Party Techno in New York City?

jonnyspeed
04-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Can you tell me what clubs in NY play hard party techno as I'm over there in the next few months?

We have only manged to avoid low quality NY house and bling-bling shit-hop clubs in our last couple of visits. A few good bars playing loud techno and don't look like some out of 2001 would be great too. In London, we have a website called Dale's Techno Events - don't suppose there is anything similar for NY?

Peace...

Esox Lucius
04-01-2004, 11:39 AM
shit hop????!!! kill jonnyspeed :twisted: :lol: ;)

seriously though, summer of sam is probably your man to ask

i think christian smith does stuff over there, but it certainly isnt hard techno :lol:

give hip hop a chance mate, it's my second love after techno :notworthy:

you could always go to danny tenaglia's night, which ironically is called "be yourself" even though you cant be yourself, mobile phones, fags & beer are all banned aswell as many other silly rules, I hear the place is like a nazi concentration camp :lol: :lol:

jonnyspeed
04-01-2004, 04:28 PM
**** that.

Anywhere you can smoke weed without being arrested like some small child?

jonnyspeed
04-01-2004, 04:32 PM
And you get me wrong - I love a bit of gansta The D-R-E, Ice Cube, PE, Eminem, Rage just can not stand the soul and R&B stuff = a.k.a. shit-hop - real shite for the McTV generation.

The Overfiend
04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Pm me. I will make sure you are sorted. As well as Tekku who does his damned hardest to keep Hard Techno alive in Nyc. Because the tronic parties wont give you that. it is a fact.

jonnyspeed
04-01-2004, 06:14 PM
will do - when I get a better idea of when I'm gonna be over there :)

Esox Lucius
04-01-2004, 07:06 PM
And you get me wrong - I love a bit of gansta The D-R-E, Ice Cube, PE, Eminem, Rage just can not stand the soul and R&B stuff = a.k.a. shit-hop - real shite for the McTV generation.

aaah I got ya, fair play...i thought you were talking about all hip hop.

tioneb
04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
christian smith does party there indeed, they are called tronic treatment and they receive often big international guests like beyer, hawtin ... if you want harder then i cant help you

tekku7181
04-01-2004, 08:11 PM
yeah,,tronic on monday nights at sullivan room is a good bet,,,although the board is rite,,,christian smith isnt really hard techno imo,,,although some ppl think so,,,and even when i heard him play hard it isnt xactly what i am looking for and seems to be very house influenced...

but tronic does have some really great hard techno djs/live acts play there and u can see them 4 cheap and w/a great vibe,,,like beyer, liebing, speedy j, punisher, barbara, heiko laux, dylan drazen,,, i could go on for a long time but u can check to see all the great djs that have played there....nyc techno heads r fortunate to have had tronic for the past 3+ yrs

function reps nyc techno to the best imo and is actually at tronic 2morrow,,,his closing sets at arc r some of my favorites...

occasionally arc(old vinyl) has a techno night of sorts and liebing and function were probably the hardest,,,

not sure when u will be in nyc,,,but pm me or u can check the calendar on my site bec if i am playing it will be REAL hard techno(may be minimal and hard early and then hard and banging as the nite proceeds),,,,we r doing a party at angel on the 15th and another at a loft on jan 29th,,,info will be up during the week and its always cool to see ppl looking for the real stuff :twisted:

The Overfiend
04-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Ahhh Tekku you're quite the diplomat eh!!

jonnyspeed
04-01-2004, 09:38 PM
:twisted: twisted indeed

Ritzi Lee
04-01-2004, 09:40 PM
i think the guys from gotham grooves know some.

tekku7181
04-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Ahhh Tekku you're quite the diplomat eh!!

hahaha,,,but only when it comes to techno :rambo:

tekku7181
04-01-2004, 11:45 PM
i think the guys from gotham grooves know some.

they know A LOT!! -- totally agree w/u... and agent orange can throw down some extremely hard techno sets

tekku7181
04-01-2004, 11:47 PM
also when i said function reps nyc techno to the best,,i was thinking exclusively hard techno and the parties he has thrown and played at

The Overfiend
05-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Ahhh the Limelight days one recalls.....
Classic Instances.

Ruskin, Ho, Surgeon, Liebing, Beyer, Barbara. All doinh hard as nails 3 Deck Sets.

katya
05-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Mills at the limelight!

278d7e64a374de26f==