PDA

View Full Version : Tribally/Funky?

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.dj-tony-c.co.uk/tracks/fuftestbounce.mp3

:)

BloodStar
01-08-2008, 05:40 PM
quite nice track. i like the talking drums, proper grooving.. but dont like the melody. track itself is ´quite nice, but production needs some work, tho.
now, it sounds bit dry and also it sounds like you forgot to unmute main kick/bass channel :) (maybe too much HP filtering?). i would deffinitely beef kick and build some fat bassline around it. then more verb on the sounds is needed.

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks dude, I'll try that out later ;)

Siege
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Not bad mate.......i quite like that melody, try knocking the keys uve used, off than on, get more of a groovey feel to that hook.
A little extra key in there too wouldnt go a miss......give it a little change now and again and will help the trk progress more.......same with the pads, little key change now and again.

Production does need work...mainly the pointers Vlastas already mentioned.

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Not bad mate.......i quite like that melody, try knocking the keys uve used, off than on, get more of a groovey feel to that hook.
A little extra key in there too wouldnt go a miss......give it a little change now and again and will help the trk progress more.......same with the pads, little key change now and again.

Production does need work...mainly the pointers Vlastas already mentioned.

Thanks dude, could you just clarify what you mean by "knocking the keys uve used, off than on, get more of a groovey feel to that hook". Do you mean taking some notes out?

DannyBlack
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I like the little stop start edits you have in there mate, sexy. Nice melody. Double up on the notes you use on that synth for the first bar. Fatten that kick out and stick some verb on it and id say you've got a win.

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks man, I'm gonna crack on with this tonight with all the advice taken on board. Massive help for me to be able to get first hand feedback like this :)

PS
I will check out a good amount of other peoples tunes on here too ASAP ;)

rhythmtech
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
liking the weird hi hat edits tony!

melody is a little "nice" for my tastes.

gotta agree, you need to seriously beef up the low end. have you high pass filtered it?

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
liking the weird hi hat edits tony!

melody is a little "nice" for my tastes.

gotta agree, you need to seriously beef up the low end. have you high pass filtered it?

Thanks man!

No, I didnt high pass but i did roll of a few lows! Thing is I was switching between the headphones (HD25) and the monitors (Samson Resolv's) and the kick sounded very muddy in the cans. Might have to investigate this later ;).

Also I did stick a compressor over the master to try to emphasise the bite of the kick drum. Might have gone a bit overboard though :lol:
:confused:

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Actually, after a quick bit of referencing it is glaringly obvious how weak it sounds! DOH! :ohdear: :lol:

rhythmtech
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
tony, how much are you compressing the master buss?

i only have the meter dipping ever so slightly just to glue the track together.. anything more than -3 and its to much IMO

Siege
01-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks dude, could you just clarify what you mean by "knocking the keys uve used, off than on, get more of a groovey feel to that hook". Do you mean taking some notes out?

The notes are all playing on with the beat, try knocking some off beat, play about with positioning...get more groove.

If you also add another note in there,try using an off note key.....can give it a more techno discordant sound.

tonyc2002
01-08-2008, 11:05 PM
The notes are all playing on with the beat, try knocking some off beat, play about with positioning...get more groove.

If you also add another note in there,try using an off note key.....can give it a more techno discordant sound.

Cool, thanks :coolio:

tonyc2002
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
tony, how much are you compressing the master buss?

i only have the meter dipping ever so slightly just to glue the track together.. anything more than -3 and its to much IMO

It was significantly more than -3 tbh :ruparanoid:

278d7e64a374de26f==