PDA

View Full Version : Am I on the right track?

DannyBlack
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
First time in ages i managed to pull something together- anyway, before i go ful steam ahead i said id ask you guys if im on the right track... tis only a 32 beat loop, but what ya reckon so far?

http://rapidshare.com/files/134333348/untitledbass2.mp3.html

d3v
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
its cool, i like the line. Next i'd personally stick a break-beat loop behind that, then some driving hi-hats and layer the existing line with another synth line. Is good.

RDR
03-08-2008, 08:48 AM
The line works well.

I would take the MIDI part and duplicate so you can:

Layer it with a synth 1 oct below.

This means that you can have seperate filter sweeps and effects on the same synth line to give more tonal movement, important if you plan on a lot of repetition of this riff throughout the piece.

The kick you have is too weak.. too 'oompah ooompah' try a different sounding kick... something flatter but with more punch to it and defo more meat.

The hat line isnt bad but coould do with a little distoriton, say from a send, and a little more swing perhaps.

Try putting a small sound at the beginning of each 32 beat loop, or perhaps every 64 beats...

but yes danny. you're on the right track.

DannyBlack
03-08-2008, 04:03 PM
The line works well.

I would take the MIDI part and duplicate so you can:

Layer it with a synth 1 oct below.

This means that you can have seperate filter sweeps and effects on the same synth line to give more tonal movement, important if you plan on a lot of repetition of this riff throughout the piece.

The kick you have is too weak.. too 'oompah ooompah' try a different sounding kick... something flatter but with more punch to it and defo more meat.

The hat line isnt bad but coould do with a little distoriton, say from a send, and a little more swing perhaps.

Try putting a small sound at the beginning of each 32 beat loop, or perhaps every 64 beats...

but yes danny. you're on the right track.

I agree defo on the octave below, i want to build this ****er up and up. I want to be able to make you feel like you're on pills without the pills if you get me.
The kick is a little weak for sure- hmmm, might layer some more on it.

The hats are what im most unsure about at the moment. and the ride, i cannot figure out the right pattern...

Cheers lads!!

tonyc2002
03-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I likes! It's quite dark and menacing. I would definately progress with it ;)

DannyBlack
04-08-2008, 12:44 AM
cheers dude! glad you like!

Been arsing around with it tonight and changed a few things. its not as dry sounding now. still need to beef up the kick a touch.

http://rapidshare.com/files/134646598/untitledbass3s.mp3.html

278d7e64a374de26f==