PDA

View Full Version : Check the attitude in this thread!

Paul Nisbet
04-01-2004, 05:19 PM
http://www.inside-out.tv/chat/showthread.php?s=d862058315401b8d12351adf0de28f50& threadid=2116&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Paul Nisbet
04-01-2004, 05:23 PM
No fingers pointed, but the attitude that dj is gettin is ridic!

Esox Lucius
04-01-2004, 05:52 PM
lmao at the hard house nonce :lol:

The Overfiend
04-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Downwards now that is an avatar

dan the acid man
04-01-2004, 06:42 PM
it might not be your style of techno downwards but most of his playlist is techno.

Esox Lucius
04-01-2004, 06:48 PM
whatever floats your boat I suppose dan, personally I wouldnt class what he plays as `techno`

sos - it's cool innit man, when I found it I just had to have it as my avatar.

jonnyspeed
04-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Had to be a bit "dad" with them and they seem to be a bit deaf.

DJ Tomi
05-01-2004, 04:23 PM
THe majority of em are a bunch of knobs

to be honest it doesn't matter whether it is techno or not

its whether it sounds good, i'm happy with the cd and i hope other people will be

that is my style and if ppl dont sig it than they dont have to listen to it

the ppl on that board are just jumped up snobs who have nothing better to do :)

Esox Lucius
05-01-2004, 04:47 PM
THe majority of em are a bunch of knobs

to be honest it doesn't matter whether it is techno or not

its whether it sounds good, i'm happy with the cd and i hope other people will be

that is my style and if ppl dont sig it than they dont have to listen to it

the ppl on that board are just jumped up snobs who have nothing better to do :)

I've just seen a tracklisting for one of your mixes on your site

01: Hampshire & Weatherley - Breathless 2003 (Paul Glazby remix)

02: BK & Andy Farley - Accelerate

03: Paul Glazby & The Narcomaniacs - Acid Disco (D.A.V.E the Drummer Remix)

04: Raw - 018

05: Trauma - What ya got (Paul Glazby remix)

06: Powerpoint - Technophobia

07: Lisa Lashes - What can you do 4 me? (Tidy Boys remix)

08: Base Graffiti - House always wins

09: BK & Paul Glazby - Outta my house

10: Dan Madams & Lizzie Curios - The Darkside

11: Energy UK DJ's - Punk (Justin Bourne & Dynamic Intervention remix)

12: Arome - Hands up! (Paul Glazby remix)

13: Ian M - Crazy Pills

14: A-Star - Just say no (Engineered by Paul Maddox)

haha no comment :lol: ;)

professor
05-01-2004, 05:38 PM
only 14 tracks? that would take about 20min to mix...25 max

jonnyspeed
05-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Not such a HH fan myself, but we do like the SUF crew's remixes, cluster/hydraulix's non-303 based acid techno, squat and tribal stuff, init?

...but being able to play all of it both just makes Tommi wankidextrous or something :lol:

jonnyspeed
05-01-2004, 06:39 PM
..and man isn't this a much nicer board.

:love: and :lol: to all

Paul Nisbet
05-01-2004, 06:41 PM
yeah welcome tomi, i couldnt register to back u up.

Welcome here but, these guys are ace and know there shit.

Enjoy blackout dude...

tekku7181
05-01-2004, 06:53 PM

:nono:

jonnyspeed
05-01-2004, 07:04 PM
All that black just makes them sad I think :cry:

Esox Lucius
05-01-2004, 07:33 PM
? I just find it funny how someone claiming to be into techno will happily play lisa lashes records :lol: but then again techno is credible at the moment isnt it...lets see how many of these hard housers are still bigging up techno in 2 years.

spiralx
05-01-2004, 07:45 PM
? I just find it funny how someone claiming to be into techno will happily play lisa lashes records :lol: but then again techno is credible at the moment isnt it...lets see how many of these hard housers are still bigging up techno in 2 years.
Because they like both techno and hard house? :roll:

Esox Lucius
05-01-2004, 07:49 PM
:roll: well what they class as `techno`

spiralx
05-01-2004, 07:58 PM
See this is where the problem comes in with elitists... they have their definition of "techno" and anything outside that is automatically bad. This guy is claiming it's a techno mix and by and large it certainly had tunes on it I'd consider techno plus a few more crossover tracks. And yet people like you are slamming him for daring to say that it's a techno set... what the **** should he call it? It sure as hell isn't a hard house mix.

It's pretentious and elitist and arrogant and contributes to the view of techno fans as chin-stroking music nazis :roll:

jonnyspeed
05-01-2004, 08:10 PM
I think its good to like a range of genres as it makes it alot nicer when you go to parties with a number of sound systems.

I like the Rowland and Wright remix of Lisa Lashes' "It Goes Bang!". That break is wicked.

Does it make you smile?

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 12:22 AM

:nono:

hahah i thought u might find that doh!!

as soon as i had given my first copy out i regret puttin it on the cd!

If u actuallly listen to the cd (with unbiased ears) u will c that it does run smooth as kitchen taps and ive had excellent response from some very big DJs

i do like listening to hard house (i'm not ashamed of it) although the production at the moment lacks quite significantly

i have always played techny stuff too tho,

i play hard house cos its fun and i can mess around with it plus i can get quite a few gigs weith it up in manc, i do also like it :)

i'm so glad i found this board tho, ppl who actually know what they are talkin bout :)

serox
06-01-2004, 08:59 AM
is up to him what he plays tbh. i heard dave play that sun glass's at night (ziga + fgdgfdgdg) tune after playing some nice wikkid london techno the other day. for me that tune is wack, i hate it. i think it ruined the set! :nono:

up to who ever is putin the needle to the plastik end of day. if u dont like it dont listen.

Louk
06-01-2004, 09:24 AM
**** sake let the man play what he likes and stop bitching about it i hate stuff like this by stuck up dickheads.

I class the techno stuff I play as techno too even though loads of it is blatantly hard house influenced

i mean powerpoint - whajamaster to me is one of the techno tunes of the year but I know its actually techno with loads of hard house elements (i mean it was produced by Ingo)

but then again i'll happily play the latest raw / construct rhythm / jerk release etc too and also DK - murder was the bass, stuff on Intec, stuff on raceway, stuff on tresor, mono meltdown stuff etc

just cos it isnt purist techno doesnt mean it isnt techno

Louk

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 09:36 AM
purist techno, what a silly word.

marcopilf
06-01-2004, 09:37 AM
narrow minded people imo. nothing wrong with those tunes at all. tunes are about what they sound like not who's name is mentioned on labels or covers.

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 09:37 AM
...i hate that 'purist techno' phrase... :rambo:

Louk
06-01-2004, 09:40 AM
apologies but thats EXACTLY the attitude they've given

Louk

serox
06-01-2004, 10:38 AM
yeh u get it everywhere tho. u can smell there hair and spot their combats a mile away. name serves them well.

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 11:12 AM
At the end of the day it all come under category of music :)

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 11:13 AM
word! :clap:

tekku7181
06-01-2004, 11:23 AM
i personally didnt say anything about if it was techno or not and 1 other person said it wasnt his idea of techno,,,whats the problem??,,,thats waht techno/music forums like this are for -- discussing any topic someone would like to... y is everyone so defensive??-- and all i did was voice my opinion that i dont like production by lisa lashes / tidy trax

spiralx
06-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't think anyone was having a go at you :)

Just the techno snobs on that thread :evil:

jonnyspeed
06-01-2004, 11:30 AM

And you opinion has dropped massively in my eyes. I listened to DJ Surgeon yesterday for the first time and you know what I thought he was rubbish and far too slooooooooooow. Do I bitch and say its not this, its not that so therefore its wrong etc... I didn'tthink that's what BOA was all about.

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 11:35 AM

And you opinion has dropped massively in my eyes. I listened to DJ Surgeon yesterday for the first time and you know what I thought he was rubbish and far too slooooooooooow. Do I bitch and say its not this, its not that so therefore its wrong etc... I didn'tthink that's what BOA was all about.

what a tart.

"do i bitch & say it's not this"

you have just said he was rubbish & far too slooooooooooow (or however many o's you put to make your point), contradicted yourself there mate.

it's obvious dj tomi doesnt know what he is going on about when he thinks house is a sub genre of techno!! lmfao :lol:

lulu
06-01-2004, 11:46 AM
pitty. he had loadsa shit

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
[quote=Downwards]:roll: well what they class as `techno`

you have just said he was rubbish & far too slooooooooooow (or however many o's you put to make your point), contradicted yourself there mate.

it's obvious dj tomi doesnt know what he is going on about when he thinks house is a sub genre of techno!! lmfao :lol:

i wouldn consider house techno to be the stuff carl cox plays, i also thin there is a lot of funky stuff in there too, and a bit of tribal :)

these may not be "the correct" terms but these are teh terms i use, excuse me if they are not "correct"

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
ok fair enough...it was just the way you said it, I thought you meant house was a sub genre of techno, ie - they are 2 seperate genres.

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 11:49 AM
[quote=Downwards]:roll: well what they class as `techno`

oops i meant that there are numerous types of techno acid techno, funky techno, house techno

i didnt actually mean house was a form of techno, i dont think my point was put across very clearly oops :)

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 11:49 AM
techno purists suck on this!

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 11:51 AM
techno purists suck on this!

hard house band wagon jumpers kiss my arse :lol: ;)

teknorich
06-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Techno is a very subjective thing - everybody has their own idea of what constitutes techno music.

However, there is a generally recognised definition, and Lisa Lashes doesn't come under that category. I realisee some people may think her music has techno elements in it (uhh... a kick drum?) but when her tunes are plastered all over Cds with titles like "Hard House Nation" I think we can safely say that she isn't techno.

Plus, Scooter always claim to be techno, but just because they say it doesn't make it true! Anyone remember 2 Unlimited - "techno, techno, techno, techno!!!"

Your tracklist looked basically like hard house, with a few techy elements to it. Better than the average hard hosue crap, but still not techno.

No insult intended, but I can't see how you can define Lashes as techno.

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 11:52 AM
hee hee! ;)

teknorich
06-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Apologies for poor spelling, but I'm typing this on the sly in work...

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 12:03 PM
no no no mate u got it all wrong, dont think its the easiest thred to understand tho oops lol

that tracklisting with lashes on etc is a hard house cd i made, it does have its techy elements a few techn tunes but its a hard house CD

the cd ppl are debating whether or not it is techno is the one from the link at the start of the thread

i would never ever ever.....EVER class lashes as techno, i cant ****in stand her at all, think she is shite to be honest, and ive had first hand experience MANY a time :)

teknorich
06-01-2004, 12:17 PM
A good point well made!

Took a gander at your tracklist. Interesting. Much techier than the other one, but still worrying in parts (Harry Diamond? Ilogik?? Andy Farley??)
I think it's a real grey area with this kind of sound. To me, people like Dave the drummer sound like a form of hard house. Tougher, techier, and often acid admittedly, but still with a hard house bounce.

I personally wouldn't file the mix under techno, but then that's my own opinion. I totally don't approve of the bad attitude you've recieved over this issue. There were things that had to be said, but there is a way to say them, and we don't have to be snobby!

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 12:25 PM
i know people have said that about illogik, farley, harry diamond...

but the illogik tune is a remix by guy mcaffer and is nothing like the original tune, the remix is techno
the andy farley tune is actually engineered totally by ant and i personally think it falls under techno although there are some hard house influences, i think this tune could be considered a crossover tune :)
the harry diamond and c.e.r.n is very much techno to be honest, although they farley and harry diamond tunes are on nuckleuz (unfortunatly) i still consider them as technotunes :)

but wat i might think is techno others may not, u sed urself u think dave the rummer sounds like a form of hard house, personally i think he is more acid techno and hard techno :)

teknorich
06-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Agree to disagree?

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Disagreed! I mean agree! WAH! :shock:

teknorich
06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
He he!!
You really are a first class c*nt, aren't you?

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 12:38 PM
oh yes! i just think THIS thread is getting a bit out of hand! check the attitude in THIS thread!! :lol:

teknorich
06-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Does anybody here actually do any work, or do we just sit here on the internet all day??

Not complaining of course!!

Jimfish
06-01-2004, 12:43 PM
dave the rummer

:lol:

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Does anybody here actually do any work, or do we just sit here on the internet all day??

Not complaining of course!!

...work? :eh:

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 12:49 PM
what's work?

serox
06-01-2004, 12:52 PM
i am working :) also trying to make some loops. but i might just give up.

DJ Tomi
06-01-2004, 12:56 PM
i'm working.....or supposed to be doing some work for my course...

:lol:

teknorich
06-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Glad we've all got something in common!

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
yea...our love of hard house! ;) :roll: :lol:

spiralx
06-01-2004, 02:33 PM
yea...our love of hard house! ;) :roll: :lol:
So should we organise a board outing to the next Frantic then? :lol:

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Sound! I'll drive...

teknorich
06-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Can I bring my glowsticks???

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 02:41 PM
oh yea, goes with out saying man! :rambo:

Esox Lucius
06-01-2004, 02:51 PM
must buy some dummies & uv hair paint.

teknorich
06-01-2004, 02:52 PM
But no whistles, right? They're just for kids...

Si the Sigh
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
ha ha ha! :lol: :clap:

jonnyspeed
06-01-2004, 03:48 PM
what a tart.

"do i bitch & say it's not this"

I was just saying that as an example of thinking something that others don't agree with that is not necessarily right or wrong - and definately not something we should say when his name is brought up.

And I'm a bit lost. Which of DJ Tomi's tunes on his new CD are not techno? And I mean the tunes not your personal opinion of labels or producers.

teknorich
06-01-2004, 04:02 PM
:sleeping:

Patrick
06-01-2004, 04:21 PM
:sleeping:

Quite ! My thoughts exactly.

But I do think we should applaud Tomi for the best bit of self-promotion EVER for a fairly uninspiring (or shit, depending on your point of you) tracklist. I think I've seen a reference to that thread on InOutShakeItAllAbout (or whatever the fu.ck it's called) on nearly every forum I've been on recently. Especially when at least one thread here on BA about the same subject has been locked already.

Unbelievable when you consider there is actually some good music and some good mixes out there worth talking about. And instead everyman and his dog seems more interested in having an "is it techno/tekno/schmechno or 'ard 'ouse-innit-geeza debate :roll:

serox
06-01-2004, 04:35 PM
here here :clap:

som1 wake up mark n close this plz

Paul Nisbet
06-01-2004, 07:07 PM
:dontevengothere:

tekku7181
06-01-2004, 07:18 PM

I listened to DJ Surgeon yesterday for the first time and you know what I thought he was rubbish and far too slooooooooooow. Do I bitch and say its not this, its not that so therefore its wrong etc... I didn'tthink that's what BOA was all about.

wow!! -- maybe u need to listen to surgeon for a second time and a third time and a 4th time and many more times b4 u realize how good he is...

i love hard fast good techno but i also love hearing a set open w/stuff by surgeon/regis/british murder boyz, function, fannon flowers(particularly on a larger SS) -- its all serious great techno that can set off a hard techno set very proper and create incredible atmosphere and anticipation in a club..

and also esp after a techno dj goes on after some house dj,,,instead of just blowing him off the decks w/hard techno to start and losing some ppl,,,tracks like surgeon's r great for slowly easing ppl into the beautiful mind**** that hard techno can be :twisted:

dan the acid man
06-01-2004, 07:21 PM
this is why i've stayed out of this one, everyone just goes round in circles and it bores me to death, is it techno is it not, i dont care, if i like it i like it

jonnyspeed
06-01-2004, 07:24 PM
:doh: completely agree.

WillGraney
07-01-2004, 11:47 AM
this is why i've stayed out of this one, everyone just goes round in circles and it bores me to death, is it techno is it not, i dont care, if i like it i like it

:notworthy: You know the score ;)

spiralx
07-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Aww, they closed the thread

http://inside-out.tv/chat/showthread.php?s=&postid=33794#post33794

Heheh.

jake
08-01-2004, 12:38 AM
even the best promotion cant make a shitty tracklist good.. shit even jeff mills or ben sims playing those tracks couldnt make it sound good. acid techno is tired and hard house is even more tired. wake up and screw the roses :rambo:

tekku7181
08-01-2004, 02:17 AM
wake up and screw the roses :rambo:

screw the roses :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==