PDA

View Full Version : My favourite recent totally "underground" acid techno tune !

Gus
03-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Some of you were asking if theres any underground acid techno tunes still being made around London. Well I think the word "underground" has become a subtle marketing ploy in its own right but anyway - you wont find this in the shops, totally genuine, 100% 24 carrot genuiiine pure acid techno from somewhere in London. Guy called Pete North - love this tune wish it was better quality though - to me this pisses on most vinyl labels recent releases :

http://216.120.252.101/%7Eumbrell/music/nuts.mp3

Tunes called "nuts"

rhythmtech
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
:lol:

rhythmtech
03-08-2008, 03:46 PM
sorry for the laugh.. but pete "acidtrash" north is a bit of a .. lets say erm.. legend around these parts!

Aratron
03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Some of you were asking if theres any underground acid techno tunes still being made around London. Well I think the word "underground" has become a subtle marketing ploy in its own right but anyway - you wont find this in the shops, totally genuine, 100% 24 carrot genuiiine pure acid techno from somewhere in London. Guy called Pete North - love this tune wish it was better quality though - to me this pisses on most vinyl labels recent releases :

http://216.120.252.101/%7Eumbrell/music/nuts.mp3

Tunes called "nuts"

Yeah Pete is a legend. He posts on here as Acidtrash, alot of people are very jealous of his prodigous talents.

force
03-08-2008, 04:52 PM
He posts on here as Acidtrash, alot of people are very jealous of his prodigous talents.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aratron
03-08-2008, 05:07 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: dude im being serious, pete is a very talented bloke, he can dj, produce, write music to a very high level.
he's also got a strong opinion on most subjects known to man, it's just a pity most of them are about wind energy and the EU, but hey who's perfect?

dan the acid man
03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
with an ego the size of the universe to boot

Aratron
03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
with an ego the size of the universe to boot

you dont know him well enough to comment.
the part of him i know, is sensitive, self-effacing and complex.
if only more people were like him the world wouldnt be such a ****ed up, ugly place.

dan the acid man
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
I think you'll find i'm not the only one to have met him that thinks the same.

force
03-08-2008, 06:41 PM
:lol: dude im being serious, pete is a very talented bloke, he can dj, produce, write music to a very high level.
he's also got a strong opinion on most subjects known to man, it's just a pity most of them are about wind energy and the EU, but hey who's perfect?

Well, thats an opinion i suppose

Aratron
03-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I think you'll find i'm not the only one to have met him that thinks the same.

yeah you met, but you made no effort wotsoeva to engage with him.
his defence mechanism of keeping away people who are unworthy appears to work all too well.

dan the acid man
03-08-2008, 11:43 PM
yeah you met, but you made no effort wotsoeva to engage with him.
his defence mechanism of keeping away people who are unworthy appears to work all too well.

haha what a load of bollox, i chatted to him plenty, and he has an ego, i'm sure even he will agree he's got one.

zyclone
04-08-2008, 01:50 AM
**** me!!! I've lost all my acidtrash tunes!! HELP!

tOM B
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
i thought he was from bradford not london?

rhythmtech
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
london is a state of mind :lol: .. anyway he's scotland now

Gus
04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
london is a state of mind :lol: .. anyway he's scotland now

The UK is in London not the other way round remember !

fatcollective
05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
i met pete once, thought he was a nice guy...bit quiet, but generally nice bloke with plenty to talk about!

davethedrummer
05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
i met pete once, thought he was a nice guy...bit quiet, but generally nice bloke with plenty to talk about!

a quiet bloke with plenty to talk about ?

I see......

and a Leg end too, apparently

whatever next.

fatcollective
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
a quiet bloke with plenty to talk about ?

I see......

and a Leg end too, apparently

whatever next.

doh! i know what i meant, just didnt come out right haha!!

AcidTrash
12-08-2008, 04:50 PM
What fun.

I think the words you guys might be looking for are "exceptionally arrogant prick with over inflated sense of achievement" OR
"snooty bastard with no time for people and convinced of his own righteousness".

It all fits. But most of it stems from having to tolerate daily rejection for having an IQ above that of your average walnut in a country that spits on talent and worships mediocrity. (present company accepted)

The arrogance is not entirely unfounded. Yes I admit I am "a very talented bloke" but that, in life and indeed this scene, is not enough when you have the social skills of a mouldy dishcloth. ( I blame the government, my parents, my self and some bloke called Asperger)

But going back on topic, yes nuts.mp3 is rockin and yes the production quality is lousy but hey, this whole scene went tits up the moment the beard scratchers demanded production excellence from producers with attitude. (see dirty bass)

Don't know who yhou are Gus but many thanks for your comments. They are appreciated.

As ever, when the mood takes me I will continue to splurge wonky but fun acid techno and post it hereabouts for free and I still wont give a bugger what you all think of me...

http://www.umbrellog.com/music/

Now thats keepin' it real. Losers. ;)

Gus
13-08-2008, 02:32 PM
What fun.

I think the words you guys might be looking for are "exceptionally arrogant prick with over inflated sense of achievement" OR
"snooty bastard with no time for people and convinced of his own righteousness".

It all fits. But most of it stems from having to tolerate daily rejection for having an IQ above that of your average walnut in a country that spits on talent and worships mediocrity. (present company accepted)

The arrogance is not entirely unfounded. Yes I admit I am "a very talented bloke" but that, in life and indeed this scene, is not enough when you have the social skills of a mouldy dishcloth. ( I blame the government, my parents, my self and some bloke called Asperger)

But going back on topic, yes nuts.mp3 is rockin and yes the production quality is lousy but hey, this whole scene went tits up the moment the beard scratchers demanded production excellence from producers with attitude. (see dirty bass)

Don't know who yhou are Gus but many thanks for your comments. They are appreciated.

As ever, when the mood takes me I will continue to splurge wonky but fun acid techno and post it hereabouts for free and I still wont give a bugger what you all think of me...

http://www.umbrellog.com/music/

Now thats keepin' it real. Losers. ;)

Hi Pete,
I dont think your production is lousy , all I meant is that I wish I had a copy that was better than 128 or 192 kbs per second mp3 . I like your tunes when you let the 303 let rip, once upon a time there were many people making good acid that was that standard now theres few so you stick out . You have never seemed arrogant in our communications and obviously since most people into acid techno have a penchant for anarchic behaviour, affecting an air of superiority is probably not appropriate albeit funny .
Yes in America they seem to spur you on if you are good whereas in England they will try to put you down as they dont like to be outshone. Anyway I definately prefer your stuff to most of the ketamine misery shite that was on smitten and most stuf SUF released after "Its not intelligent and its not from detroit but its ****ing haveing it", I like to see people having a laugh when they dance to techno not to look miserable and angry - I think your tunes are a good laugh to dance too.
Asta luego.

AcidTrash
13-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Well thats the whole point isnt it. If its not for fun, what is it for?

I've always tried to keep that in mind when producing. I've watched the acid scene eat itself from overintellectualising it and gradually seen everything that was fun braded as cliche or cheesy and the sheeple went along with it until everything was one long immacculately produced loop in a scene where what you play is more important than what you want to play.

The more machismo that infected the scene the smaller the audiences got until acid nights became monthly DJ conferences and all the pretty girls were in the house room.
I have nothing against deviation form formulas but this is one scene that threw the baby out with the bathwater.

But less of the badmouthing Smitten. Fck Goa or at least the remixes were the very essence of big room clattering acid.
If I could have hit that sound quality perhaps I would still be in the game and not a hobbyist. Or maybe not, some people have to grow up.

As for all the bollocks here above, there is a history of intense debate here where I was very much out on my own in my opinions but that was back when I gave a f?ck and thought influential people frequented this forum and not the self important prigs they turned out to be.

I seem to recall the worst of it being when I was trying to argue that Hardfloor, pioneers though they may be, still suck when comapred with the early Skankadelic releases and some of the Wahwahs. I remember saying that Henry Ford mght have been the pioneer of automobiles but I still wouldnt trade my Focus for a Model T. However, vociferously disagreeing with Mr the Drummer is not the done thing in these parts. Where he leads, the herd follows. Hence the current cul-de-sac the scene now occupies.

Understandable though. You have to admit... he IS very good.

force
13-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes I admit I am "a very talented bloke"

SORRY, but

:haha:.

@Acidtrash

I'd love to read this thread where you claim Hardfloor suck compared to early Skankadelic/wahwah releases. can you dig out the thread for me?

I very much doubt Hardfloor would even class themselves as acid techno, so your comparison is deeply flawed for a start.
Hardfloor make, bouncy, happy, sometimes cheesy dance music that puts a smile on your face. They just happen to use 303's, doesn't make them acid techno tho.

AcidTrash
13-08-2008, 05:50 PM
that was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. before the revamp.

re hardfloor... splitting the hair thin.

I recall saying that if hardfloor was the standard of the music when i got into rave i prolly wudnt have bothered.

force
13-08-2008, 06:32 PM
that was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. before the revamp.

re hardfloor... splitting the hair thin.

I recall saying that if hardfloor was the standard of the music when i got into rave i prolly wudnt have bothered.

Yeah, but they're NOT acid techno.
They definitely influenced acid techno and got me into the sound back in 92/93 when i heard Acperience 1. have you listened to their current LP, 'The life we choose'? I saw them live at Bangface last year as well, and they rocked it. Proof you dont need to speed everything up to 160+ bpm to make people dance.

I do think you are just a bit deluded refering to yourself as a "very talented bloke", whilst at the same time saying Hardfloor suck.....?????????

Going against the grain doesn't automaticly make you right boyo...

Gus
13-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Well thats the whole point isnt it. If its not for fun, what is it for?

I've always tried to keep that in mind when producing. I've watched the acid scene eat itself from overintellectualising it and gradually seen everything that was fun braded as cliche or cheesy and the sheeple went along with it until everything was one long immacculately produced loop in a scene where what you play is more important than what you want to play.

The more machismo that infected the scene the smaller the audiences got until acid nights became monthly DJ conferences and all the pretty girls were in the house room.
I have nothing against deviation form formulas but this is one scene that threw the baby out with the bathwater.

But less of the badmouthing Smitten. Fck Goa or at least the remixes were the very essence of big room clattering acid.
If I could have hit that sound quality perhaps I would still be in the game and not a hobbyist. Or maybe not, some people have to grow up.

As for all the bollocks here above, there is a history of intense debate here where I was very much out on my own in my opinions but that was back when I gave a f?ck and thought influential people frequented this forum and not the self important prigs they turned out to be.

I seem to recall the worst of it being when I was trying to argue that Hardfloor, pioneers though they may be, still suck when comapred with the early Skankadelic releases and some of the Wahwahs. I remember saying that Henry Ford mght have been the pioneer of automobiles but I still wouldnt trade my Focus for a Model T. However, vociferously disagreeing with Mr the Drummer is not the done thing in these parts. Where he leads, the herd follows. Hence the current cul-de-sac the scene now occupies.

Understandable though. You have to admit... he IS very good.

Mr Drummer as in D.A.V.E. ?
Yes I used to play Smitten stuff , but to be honest after the criminal justice bill parties adopted a more harsh atmosphere. Acexperience kicked off Acid techno from where Im standing, others may disagree, I refuse to argue about genres - I am unaware of skankadelic though...... anyway chat later work calls..... shite I must be turning into a grownup !

AcidTrash
13-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah, but they're NOT acid techno.
They definitely influenced acid techno and got me into the sound back in 92/93 when i heard Acperience 1. have you listened to their current LP, 'The life we choose'? I saw them live at Bangface last year as well, and they rocked it. Proof you dont need to speed everything up to 160+ bpm to make people dance.

I do think you are just a bit deluded refering to yourself as a "very talented bloke", whilst at the same time saying Hardfloor suck.....?????????

Going against the grain doesn't automaticly make you right boyo...

Well, Acperience or versions of are comparable in structure and sound to a load of acid techno and if you played it fast it could just as well be any acid techno form the last ten years or so.
Wasnt very impressed by any of it and as a matter of taste think the SUF stuff is superior and most things that followed. But this is a matter of taste so Im not going to let this degenerate into something stupid.

As for your personal abuse, i'm not biting because your approval, or indeed anyone is not requested or required.
I'm just going by what dozens of supportive emails from strangers say. Who am I to argue? Folk like what they like.

force
13-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Pete, acid techno as you know it didn't exist until THAT record..and the structure and sound of it was the blueprint for most, if not all the acid techno that came after it.

Fair enough if you're not impressed by any of it but dont go calling yourself a "very talented bloke' and Hardfloor suck. Its Laughable in the extreme. NOTHING you have made, (and what i've heard) comes anywhere near the quality Hardfloor have knocked out over the years, and this isn't a personal attack dude, its telling it how it is.

If you were that good mate, i would have at least heard of you and there might be a few of your releases knocking about in record shops. Apart from that 'Blipped out' release i found in my friends record shops 'bargin bin' that he ended up giving away...

The fact there aren't any is all anybody needs to know.

AcidTrash
13-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Pete, acid techno as you know it didn't exist until THAT record..and the structure and sound of it was the blueprint for most, if not all the acid techno that came after it.
[quote]

So? I should like it because?

[quote]
Fair enough if you're not impressed by any of it but dont go calling yourself a "very talented bloke' and Hardfloor suck. Its Laughable in the extreme. NOTHING you have made, (and what i've heard) comes anywhere near the quality Hardfloor have knocked out over the years, and this isn't a personal attack dude, its telling it how it is.

Whart an idiotic thing to say. As if there were a universal standard in music tastes.

If you were that good mate, i would have at least heard of you and there might be a few of your releases knocking about in record shops. Apart from that 'Blipped out' release i found in my friends record shops 'bargin bin' that he ended up giving away...

The fact there aren't any is all anybody needs to know.

Either that or I've had grown up things to attend to which have diverted funds away from producing vanity products for a decaying market and the fact I haven't actively sought to expand my recogntion any further than here and Bangingtunes.com in the last four years because frankly staying up all night with a bunch of junky borderline chavs snorting ketimine and coke isn't how I planned my adult life. Frankly, I cannot think of anythig duller than DJ'ing these days or indeed techno clubs and if my horizons are ever as lacking in aspiration as yours then I will put a gun to my head.

Sorry to disappoint you but recogntion, admiration or respect is not something I seek from you or this scene in general. I have much bigger fish to fry and much more to contribute. Hence why I have not darkened the door of a techno event for more than an hour since 2004.

I am satisfied I have achieved in this, that which I set out to, played some big gigs, had a lot of fun but now the real business of being an adult beckons and unlike you, I'm embracing it.

And btw, the words "very talented bloke" were not words of my choosing, hence the quote marks, but if people are kind enough to choose those words, I shall not refuse them.

Can't please all of the people.

Aratron
13-08-2008, 09:24 PM
because frankly staying up all night with a bunch of junky borderline chavs snorting ketimine and coke isn't how I planned my adult life. Frankly, I cannot think of anything duller than DJ'ing these days or indeed techno clubs and if my horizons are ever as lacking in aspiration as yours then I will put a gun to my head.

****ing classic. absolute classic.:lol:

my last memory of Pete was of him writing 'junky scum' on the back window of a car at some forest party in wales.

marginmaster
13-08-2008, 09:26 PM
gets around that pete north=

http://korny.adultbouncer.com/dvd_download/the_very_best_of_peter_north/the_very_best_of_peter_north_cover_front.jpg

AcidTrash
13-08-2008, 09:33 PM
"master of huge loads"

Hmm. quite.

force
13-08-2008, 10:42 PM
The arrogance is not entirely unfounded. Yes I admit I am "a very talented bloke"

Ok junior, you're a VERY talented bloke and Hardfloor suck...

:)

Gus
14-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Acexperience was an awesome tune - but lets face it "the rabbits name was" pissed all over it.
A piece of bacon cut into the sillhouette of napolean is another awesome breafast.

Gus
14-08-2008, 03:32 AM

So? I should like it because?

Whart an idiotic thing to say. As if there were a universal standard in music tastes.

Either that or I've had grown up things to attend to which have diverted funds away from producing vanity products for a decaying market and the fact I haven't actively sought to expand my recogntion any further than here and Bangingtunes.com in the last four years because frankly staying up all night with a bunch of junky borderline chavs snorting ketimine and coke isn't how I planned my adult life. Frankly, I cannot think of anythig duller than DJ'ing these days or indeed techno clubs and if my horizons are ever as lacking in aspiration as yours then I will put a gun to my head.

Sorry to disappoint you but recogntion, admiration or respect is not something I seek from you or this scene in general. I have much bigger fish to fry and much more to contribute. Hence why I have not darkened the door of a techno event for more than an hour since 2004.

I am satisfied I have achieved in this, that which I set out to, played some big gigs, had a lot of fun but now the real business of being an adult beckons and unlike you, I'm embracing it.

And btw, the words "very talented bloke" were not words of my choosing, hence the quote marks, but if people are kind enough to choose those words, I shall not refuse them.

Can't please all of the people.

Dude dont listen to this asshole. I have had records released and been on John Peel ( noone else is going to blow it are they...)and I can assure you you are at least as talented as me ! Probably more on the rhythm and composition that but dont tell yourself thqt. Lay off the charlie and remember the key thing with qcid techno is thqt you do it becquse its fun, and the dancefloor is the most honest judge though even then depends on the audience !

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Acexperience was an awesome tune - but lets face it "the rabbits name was" pissed all over it.
A piece of bacon cut into the sillhouette of napolean is another awesome breafast.

Thats about where I'm coming from on this. My first love has always been rock and metal and even though I can see clearly that the godfathers were ozzy and alice cooper to name a few, I still wouldn't put them above Slayer. It's subjective but if you're going to say the that the original innovators are the pinnacle of achievement in the field then any futher development is pointless. Lets just be thankful most artists aren't deterred by such defeatist and entrenched attitudes.

Aratron
14-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Dude dont listen to this asshole.

Aratron
14-08-2008, 10:00 AM
I can see clearly that the godfathers were ozzy and alice cooper to name a few, I still wouldn't put them above Slayer.

Black Sabbath are a much better band than Slayer.

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Black Sabbath are a much better band than Slayer.

Black Sabbath almost certainly influenced Slayer but that does not mean that Slayer did not run with it and produce something entirely different, a sub genre in itself. Which is better is entirely a matter of taste.

force
14-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the 'asshole' jibe Pus! I'll take that as a compliment. :)

and I can assure you you are at least as talented as me !

Maybe you should both hook up and you can write some shite acid techno together then?

BTW, the Kriss Needs mix of 'rabbits name' was the best version, IMO.

Anyway Pus, when was this convo ever about comparing tunes???

I was pointing out THE FACT that hardfloor heavily influenced much of the acid techno that came after it.

rhythmtech
14-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Dude dont listen to this asshole. I have had records released and been on John Peel ( noone else is going to blow it are they...)and I can assure you you are at least as talented as me ! Probably more on the rhythm and composition that but dont tell yourself thqt. Lay off the charlie and remember the key thing with qcid techno is thqt you do it becquse its fun, and the dancefloor is the most honest judge though even then depends on the audience !

keep the personal insults out of it buddy or you wont be staying too long around here.

and keep on topic.

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I was pointing out THE FACT that hardfloor heavily influenced much of the acid techno that came after it.

Which is completely irrelevant. IT does not defacto make it the bestest ever dance music.

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 11:49 AM
keep the personal insults out of it buddy or you wont be staying too long around here.

and keep on topic.

Yes do leave out the "personal insults". We prefer subtle taunting, cyber bullying and general obnoxiousness. It just doesn't do to call someone an asshole. No half measures here pelase.

force
14-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Which is completely irrelevant. IT does not defacto make it the bestest ever dance music.

Who said anything about it being the 'best', dance music????

Kin ell, sort ya head out junior, best lay off those 'Rave drugs' i reckon.

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 12:01 PM
you're not good on subtlety in language are you? Anyway, I'm not in the least bit interested. I dont dispute Hardfloors influence but nowhere in BOA's terms and conditions does it say you must like them to have an opinion on what you like in acid techno.

force
14-08-2008, 12:12 PM
you're not good on subtlety in language are you? Anyway, I'm not in the least bit interested. I dont dispute Hardfloors influence but nowhere in BOA's terms and conditions does it say you must like them to have an opinion on what you like in acid techno.

:dance:

rhythmtech
14-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes do leave out the "personal insults". We prefer subtle taunting, cyber bullying and general obnoxiousness. It just doesn't do to call someone an asshole. No half measures here pelase.

see, i knew you'd come round to our way of thinking.

http://uk.gizmodo.com/borg.jpg

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Since when did I need convincing?

Athar
14-08-2008, 12:33 PM
see, i knew you'd come round to our way of thinking.

http://uk.gizmodo.com/borg.jpg

this thread gets my nominated to win BOA nobel prize in 2008

rhythmtech
14-08-2008, 12:33 PM
everyone needs "convincing"

AcidTrash
14-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Are you suggesting in any way that I somehow needed encouragement to be unusually cruel and obnoxious?

rhythmtech
14-08-2008, 12:37 PM
im suggesting that everyone needs "convincing"

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/watertortureDM_468x404.jpg

Gus
14-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the 'asshole' jibe Pus! I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Maybe you should both hook up and you can write some shite acid techno together then?

BTW, the Kriss Needs mix of 'rabbits name' was the best version, IMO.

Anyway Pus, when was this convo ever about comparing tunes???

Apologies mate you are right no need for personal insults, but I do feel that when someone is contributing to the scene of such a small genre of music we should support them not slag their music off and that was what I was reacting to in your words. Hadfloor are a big influence on acid techno noone denies that , Pete is just saying the genre developed after that, no need to slate his tunes (man).
Now join hands everyone :

"cum bi ya my lord cum by yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Note to self : do not post online whilst drunk ......

force
28-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Apologies mate you are right no need for personal insults, but I do feel that when someone is contributing to the scene of such a small genre of music we should support them not slag their music off and that was what I was reacting to in your words. Hadfloor are a big influence on acid techno noone denies that , Pete is just saying the genre developed after that, no need to slate his tunes (man).
Now join hands everyone :

"cum bi ya my lord cum by yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Note to self : do not post online whilst drunk ......

Apologies accepted Gus,

The thing you have to understand about acidtrash is, he has nothing but total contempt for the scene.
I once called him a total disgrace to the acid techno scene due to his racism and extreme right wing views, blogging for the BNP etc. The response i got implied i was some sort of clueless idiot for not recognizing the Stirling contribution he had made to the scene, as if he was some kind of acid techno hero.
Well i'd never heard of him and i was heavily into the acid techno scene since i stumbled into the side room at the rocket, Holloway road at a megadog back in 93 /94 and heard the liberators tearing the place apart. After that i was a regular at the m11 link road squat parties, the tyson st/ theatre factory parties in dalston, Euston hospital, etc etc etc. I am hardly a clueless idiot when it came to Acid techno.

I genuinely think his formulaic, paint by numbers, 160 bpm verging on hard dance, acid techno efforts reflect his contempt and is doing more harm than good for the scene i used to live for due to its banality and complete lack of imagination.
Soulless and insulting

Gus
29-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Apologies accepted Gus,

The thing you have to understand about acidtrash is, he has nothing but total contempt for the scene.
I once called him a total disgrace to the acid techno scene due to his racism and extreme right wing views, blogging for the BNP etc. The response i got implied i was some sort of clueless idiot for not recognizing the Stirling contribution he had made to the scene, as if he was some kind of acid techno hero.
Well i'd never heard of him and i was heavily into the acid techno scene since i stumbled into the side room at the rocket, Holloway road at a megadog back in 93 /94 and heard the liberators tearing the place apart. After that i was a regular at the m11 link road squat parties, the tyson st/ theatre factory parties in dalston, Euston hospital, etc etc etc. I am hardly a clueless idiot when it came to Acid techno.

I genuinely think his formulaic, paint by numbers, 160 bpm verging on hard dance, acid techno efforts reflect his contempt and is doing more harm than good for the scene i used to live for due to its banality and complete lack of imagination.
Soulless and insulting

I disagree with you about his tunes - if he supports the BNP that sucks though but Id have to hear his views from him not someone else to form an opinion.

force
29-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I disagree with you about his tunes -

No accounting for taste i suppose but,

each to their own...

:;

Gus
29-08-2008, 01:35 PM
No accounting for taste i suppose but,

each to their own...

:;

I have a penchant for acid techno.

Gus
29-08-2008, 02:23 PM
By the way how do you edit your signature ?
By the way what you said about Petes tunes is complete is erroneous . He actually does some unusual things in his tunes which is why I like them. As someone who also makes experimental and electroacoustic music and has a degree in "sonic art" id say my opinion on original elements in music is worth something. I would say SUF recent treleases are much more formulaic and designed to get money - his tubnes however are free to all . I suspect you are slagging his tunes off for personal reasons not musical ones .
just my 2cs. Perhaps you two wound each other up in the past ?

force
29-08-2008, 10:30 PM
By the way how do you edit your signature ?
By the way what you said about Petes tunes is complete is erroneous . He actually does some unusual things in his tunes which is why I like them. As someone who also makes experimental and electroacoustic music and has a degree in "sonic art" id say my opinion on original elements in music is worth something. I would say SUF recent treleases are much more formulaic and designed to get money - his tubnes however are free to all . I suspect you are slagging his tunes off for personal reasons not musical ones .
just my 2cs. Perhaps you two wound each other up in the past ?

True, we dont get on but thats by the by.

If i thought his music was good i would say so, no matter what my personal feelings...

at the end of the day, its just personal opinion innit.

Re: signature

go to control panel, think you can do it in there somehow

278d7e64a374de26f==