PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz: Highest Paid Fighter

drift9
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I read this and just thought to myself, "this is why Affliction will fail." They are going to sign Tito Ortiz to a contract that will apparently make him the highest paid MMA fighter in the world.

Maybe they haven't seen any of his fights in the last 3 or so years? Only way I can explain it....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/arash_markazi/08/05/ortiz.signs.with.affliction/index.html?eref=T1

Siege
06-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Dont know why there bothering with him to be honest.

Massive name, but like you said...his head is not with fighting anymore...not like he used to be anyway.....not beat anyone of any importance last few fights hes had... whenever they was?

Dana white wont have him in UFC anymore for the same reasons......if he wins some decent fights than fair play to him.

imo...hes to busy shagging his Mrs, Jenna Jameson.........not that theres anything wrong with that!!

drift9
06-08-2008, 08:35 PM
yeah, love how Dana said he wouldn't get into a bidding war for him for $30. But i guess they're going to use him more as a spokesman than a fighter because people "love him so much." i don't know, haven't heard of much love for the guy these days though.

Speaking of shagging jenna j, it appears they're finally seeing the fruit of that sweaty labor:
http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=10311

eppertheleper
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd look for them to put him up against some slow competition in the hopes that he can shoot successfully and use his slow-ass ground and pound to get some wins and inflate his stock. Other than that, I would guess they're just looking for a known commodity to be the face of Affliction, and maybe prep him to be an announcer like UFC was doing with Randy Couture before he went AWOL.

The Overfiend
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Randy Couture is off making cheap movies ala Jean Claude Van Damme.
Tito is not only washed up, but has one of the worst ego/personalities in MMA.
A lot of these guys are not likeable, marketable maybe since now everyone here in Arizona thinks they are two steps tougher for wearing affliction or tapout clothes.

They should have got St. Pierre.
Who is no effing joke.

djfase
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
^^^^^

So true. GSP is superb and ortiz well and truly washed up.

Ortiz hasnt got he heart for it and the newer guys ground and pound is a hell of alot better.

The new boys affliction have no chance of competing with UFC and will go pop before to long. U only have to look as the pride organisation.

drift9
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
everyone here in Arizona thinks they are two steps tougher for wearing affliction or tapout clothes.
LOL too true man. starting to see a lot of that here on the east coast as well. unless you're wearing that sht and adding to the look cauliflower ear and scaring on the bridge of your eyebrows i'm not getting extra scared of you for the shirt.

and to djfase: yeah, i totally agree, by doing this affliction is really tilting their hand in showing that they don't have the smarts to stay in this game for long.

and GSP is the man plus nice as hell. look forward to his fight this saturday.

The Overfiend
07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Definitely ordering it, I miss NYC, thing is out there it's easier for a pitbull to recognize another pitbull, where as out here the herbs are more camouflaged, i.e. tattoo's spiked hair big trucks and tapout shirts. Arlovski should come back to the forefront.

278d7e64a374de26f==