PDA

View Full Version : Horrible CubaseSX 2 Problem

acos1
06-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I have been working hard on this track for quite some time. It was using up alot of processing, vsti's, efx etc.
it always seemed to open and run fine everything i opened the project even tho of all the processing then eventually today it just crashed out of the blue and then proceeded to freeze everytime i reopened the project.
i presumed the problem was over processing so i removed the dll's of the bigger vst's i was using from my steinberg folder so they couldnt be found as to free up processing when it reopened. this method worked for me before.
i did this but still no avail, so i proceeded to remove every single plug in etc from the folder. this meant the project had virtually fck all to process on reopening the file.
still nothing. so i disconnected my soundcard (Tascam US-122) and IT OPENED!! but couldnt play anything as there was no soundcard.

Has anyone had this problem before? i would really appreciate help as i was very pleased with this track and have spent a long time on it.

i would imagine its a problem with the soundcard (although its opening and running other projects?) but i might be wrong.

Anybody any ideas?

Siege
06-08-2008, 08:51 PM
? Strange?

when you open up your project, before pressing play or anything....can you not render each trk from start to finish and load them all back into a fresh page?

Its a ball ache i know,...ive had problems like that in the past myself but not with the soundcard......thats the only way ive managed to salvage any projects that have froze-crashed.......only happened a couple of times though, usually stable as.

other than that mate,i dont know?
hope you get it sorted

acos1
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
cheers man,

nah basically what happens is the message that tell me certain plug ins are missing comes up and basically it crashes. it wont allow you to play or even click on anything.

Barely Human
06-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Always save multiple copies of your track files. Make a folder for each track and everytime you save them, make a new version. Not only can it help with recovering tracks, but if you go off on a tangent you can always go back to the original groove that you had going.

tonyc2002
07-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Is it a cracked copy?

acos1
07-08-2008, 12:54 AM
aye tis

tonyc2002
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
aye tis

You might be screwed then mate, I was using a cracked copy of Live and I got so pissed off with it failing, locking up etc I dug deep and paid for a genuine copy. Poetic justice to be honest......

PS
All the crashes stopped ;)

BloodStar
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
You might be screwed then mate, I was using a cracked copy of Live and I got so pissed off with it failing, locking up etc I dug deep and paid for a genuine copy. Poetic justice to be honest......

PS
All the crashes stopped ;)

Cracked version ofCubaseSX 2 runs better than genuine copy. With genuine copy, there is a problem with communication between USB dongle and application which slower it down.

several people have genuine copy, but using craced one, because of higher performance..

find some thread on internet about it ;-) indeed, i didnt want to force anyone to not buy genuine sw. :D

i have got little tip for you to install SX3 instead of SX2.

tonyc2002
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Cracked version ofCubaseSX 2 runs better than genuine copy. With genuine copy, there is a problem with communication between USB dongle and application which slower it down.

several people have genuine copy, but using craced one, because of higher performance..

find some thread on internet about it ;-) indeed, i didnt want to force anyone to not buy genuine sw. :D

i have got little tip for you to install SX3 instead of SX2.

Well I never knew that although I have heard of that iLok key causing problems! On the whole though, the genuine software will be more stable and plus you have technical support from the developers.

rhythmtech
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
On the whole though, the genuine software will be more stable

untrue. a large % of warez audio software is a lot more stable than the purchased version as the ridiculas, cpu hungry copy protection is often by-passed.

i use the term purchased rather than genuine as all the software is genuine. a h20 copy of cubase is as genuine as one bought from steinberg, the only differance is that h20 emulated, in software coding, the syncrosoft dongle.

plus you have technical support from the developers.

true.. but in the case of steinberg it really doesnt matter as, from my experiences with them, they care not about customers. just go to the steinberg forums and have a look. its a joke.

anyway, buy your software, support the developers and then decide which version is more stable for you to use.

Jay Pace
07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Upgrade to SX3.2

You'll be able to use your old project file, and the protection coding is kinder on your processor.

The H20 version is stable, and a damn sight better than steinbergs horrible mess. Reward your paying customers with copy protection that gobbles CPU. Smart.

I'm migrating to pro tools.

278d7e64a374de26f==