PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo remains a Red

nick_anarchy
07-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo is going nowhere.

After a summer rife with rumours of an Old Trafford exit, the Reds’ no.7 revealed on Wednesday night that he will be a Manchester United player in 2008/09.

“I can confirm that next season I will play for Manchester United,” Ronaldo told Portugal newspaper Publico.

“I will play for United with all my heart and soul, I will fight and honour that shirt with the same commitment and dedication as [I’ve] always [shown].”

His comments were welcomed by Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who was relieved the matter can finally be “put to bed”.

“We always knew this was the case,” Sir Alex told MUTV. “He’s very happy here – he’s always been happy here.

“He’s never had a complaint about Manchester United. He’s always been treated properly and I have a great relationship with the boy, as do all the players.

“I think we can put this to bed now. It’s finished. The boy’s a United player and that’s what’s important.”

Ronaldo’s refusal to commit himself to United earlier in the summer disappointed some Reds fans, but Ferguson insists supporters shouldn’t be too hard on the 23-year-old.

“The fans have got to understand it’s very hard when a young boy’s tempted by all this money,” he said.

“He’s a young lad from Madeira and his father died a young man. Cristiano now looks after his mother, sister and his brother, so I can understand that [money may have been tempting].”

In a sign of real maturity, Ronaldo accepted blame for his part in world football’s biggest transfer saga of the summer.

“I was responsible for all this controversy,” he said. “I was the one who publicly expressed my desire to go to Madrid and I ended up even being involuntary responsible for the poor relationship between the two clubs.”

nick_anarchy
07-08-2008, 09:15 AM
so yes it may be for 1 more season but we will see about that outcome ...

DJ RE:HAB
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
so yes it may be for 1 more season but we will see about that outcome ...

More like Real cant afford the fee mate otherwise he'd be a goner...

Will be great for Team Morale...

Having a player in your squad who doesnt want to be there...

No amount of BS from him now can take away the fact that hes a mercernary and he doesnt love your club.

He will have a crap season and then go for cheap as chips, actually i reckon hes probably already agreed this with Real on the sly...

:lol: At the comments about his Father dying young and he was turned by the money coz of this are priceless.. :lol:

Fergie should work for No.10 as a Spin Doctor..

xes
07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Does this mean Spurs keep Berbatov?

*fingers crossed*

fatcollective
07-08-2008, 10:59 AM

No amount of BS from him now can take away the fact that hes a mercernary and he doesnt love your club.

He will have a crap season and then go for cheap as chips, actually i reckon hes probably already agreed this with Real on the sly...

:lol: At the comments about his Father dying young and he was turned by the money coz of this are priceless.. :lol:

Fergie should work for No.10 as a Spin Doctor..

blah blah blah....you can get rid of your signature now!

Insomnia
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Does he want to stay though?

davemoore
07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
real madrid didnt want him after the brought van da vaart .. all u man utd fans are comlete mugs !!!

Numeric
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM

wrong, United didn't want to sell, that's why he hasn't gone

it won't effect team morale, the players are all professionals, and Sir knows exactly how to handle situations such as these, also, Ronaldo has already said that he will do his best for United, it's not in his best interests to suddenly lose form and potentially ruin prospects for a future move to Real or any other big club

yawn, everyone has known for years that he's a mercenary

you're more stupid than i ever give you credit for if you believe that :;

07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
blah blah blah....you can get rid of your signature now!

Hahaha...

Your right :hissyfit:

Gutted...

xes
07-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Does he want to stay though?

who cares :lol:

aslong as he's playing,we'll be the envy of North london :cheese:

07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Hahahaha. I knew United Fans were shallow but this stoops to a new level. The majority of you on here are taking him back with open arms, were in the last 2 months he has dragged the club, the manager and yes you the fans through the mud. Face it, you will have a player who is playing in your beloved old toilet who doesnt want to be there. Infact if Real Madrid had stumped up the money for him he wouldnt be playing for you this season. FACT. He comes back with a grovelling apology saying something that he could of said 2 months ago. And United Fans being as dumb as you all, accept his apology because, well, your worried you wont win anything without him. The desperation is quite funny to read. Ronaldo has got you all eating out of his palm, with this statement that you have all be suckered in by, he has proved that yes a "player can be bigger than the club". Deary Deary me, i know you never scored yesterday but taking hotshot ronny back like nothings happened is hilarious. Heres to Ronny having a poo season (agreed on the sly with Madrid) and doing a owen esque transfer deal were he will go for next to nothing. You read it here first my shallow scum following prawn butty eating mancs. YNWA"

Roll on the new season!

Insomnia
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
who cares :lol:

aslong as he's playing,we'll be the envy of North london :cheese:

Aye we'll see about that...

I think you've made some intresting signings but will take time to gel...

lukekendall
07-08-2008, 03:22 PM

*fingers crossed*

hopefully!

word is bara are also interested in berb tho!! but they dont look like they are getting rid of eto so...........

Will
07-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Man U are getting as bad as Spurs for keeping a player who doesn't want to be there! I wonder if Fergie said he can go next season or something...

djfase
07-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Yea he and fergie will go together. at the end of the season

Numeric
08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Hahahaha. I knew United Fans were shallow but this stoops to a new level. The majority of you on here are taking him back with open arms, were in the last 2 months he has dragged the club, the manager and yes you the fans through the mud. Face it, you will have a player who is playing in your beloved old toilet who doesnt want to be there. Infact if Real Madrid had stumped up the money for him he wouldnt be playing for you this season. FACT. He comes back with a grovelling apology saying something that he could of said 2 months ago. And United Fans being as dumb as you all, accept his apology because, well, your worried you wont win anything without him. The desperation is quite funny to read. Ronaldo has got you all eating out of his palm, with this statement that you have all be suckered in by, he has proved that yes a "player can be bigger than the club". Deary Deary me, i know you never scored yesterday but taking hotshot ronny back like nothings happened is hilarious. Heres to Ronny having a poo season (agreed on the sly with Madrid) and doing a owen esque transfer deal were he will go for next to nothing. You read it here first my shallow scum following prawn butty eating mancs. YNWA"

Roll on the new season!

that post is a contender for the biggest load of bullshit i've ever read on this forum

when are you gonna understand that he wasn't sold because United didn't want to sell him, Sir Alex and the club didn't want to be bullied by Madrid and forced into letting a player go that they wanted to keep in the team, fair do's, Cristiano wants to go play for Madrid, he claims it's always been his dream, this isn't a crime, he's been at United for five years and won everything he possibly can, it's understandable that he may want a move now, i certainly don't hold that against him, what i did take issue with was the way he handled the situation by not making his intentions clear either way, but a compromise has obviously been achieved and he's gonna stay for another year now, no United is fan is grovelling, most of us are intelligent enough to understand (unlike you) that it's possible for players to want to play for clubs other than United, and we accept that, we accept his apology also, not because we fear that the team is weaker without him, but simply because he's a great player and will help us to win another title this coming season

the way United have handled the entire saga has been exemplary, we haven't sat back and allowed ourselves to be bullied by Madrid, and we have shown that no player is bigger than the club, and also Sir Alex has shown that no United player is bigger than him either

here's to another season of silverware at Old Trafford, and another season of f**k all for the bin dippers down the wrong end of East Lancs road

Numeric
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM

we still need another striker, i hope we get Berbatov

08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
that post is a contender for the biggest load of bullshit i've ever read on this forum

when are you gonna understand that he wasn't sold because United didn't want to sell him, Sir Alex and the club didn't want to be bullied by Madrid and forced into letting a player go that they wanted to keep in the team, fair do's, Cristiano wants to go play for Madrid, he claims it's always been his dream, this isn't a crime, he's been at United for five years and won everything he possibly can, it's understandable that he may want a move now, i certainly don't hold that against him, what i did take issue with was the way he handled the situation by not making his intentions clear either way, but a compromise has obviously been achieved and he's gonna stay for another year now, no United is fan is grovelling, most of us are intelligent enough to understand (unlike you) that it's possible for players to want to play for clubs other than United, and we accept that, we accept his apology also, not because we fear that the team is weaker without him, but simply because he's a great player and will help us to win another title this coming season

the way United have handled the entire saga has been exemplary, we haven't sat back and allowed ourselves to be bullied by Madrid, and we have shown that no player is bigger than the club, and also Sir Alex has shown that no United player is bigger than him either

here's to another season of silverware at Old Trafford, and another season of f**k all for the bin dippers down the wrong end of East Lancs road

You keep telling yourselves that... Honestly shallow doesnt come into..

The amount of mancs who on the web and ive spoken to contradict what you have said over the last 2 months is 20 - 1 easily.

When he leaves for next to nothing next season compared to the silly money that was being mentioned you will be gutted.

This has been lifted from F365... The guy makes some valid points..

The fact Ronaldo has decided to stay at United for one more season can only be viewed as the best possible outcome for Madrid.

Staying this season means that they do not have to pay a player about £150,000 per week who can not play until October. It also means that they will not be looking to integrate a new player into the team after the season is well underway.

Ronaldo may also have taken time to settle into his role whilst being under great pressure to hit the ground running.

The outcome of him staying is that he can move straight after next season ends. He will have a whole pre-season to settle in and Madrid will not be paying for a player who can not work for them.

United have taken a gamble because I believe his value can only decrease. This season will be disrupted from the start and the player himself can not possibly be at 100%. I can see his form suffering and Ferguson, towards the end of the season, having a pop at him in public. Don't forget, Ronaldo will be going anyway, so not only will it not bother Ferguson if he upsets him, the very psychological make-up of the man, will mean he will want to chin him on the way out.

Keeping Ronaldo could prove to be the single biggest mistake of Ferguson's entire reign and I include the purchases of Djemba-Djemba and Taibi and the failure to sign Ronaldinho in that

The stomach-turning excuses from Ronaldo will start now. Will United fans show their support for him? A player who has been forced to play for them against his wishes? A player who is wishing the next nine months of his life away? A player who has more than possibly lost his hunger, a key requirement from the manager.

It will be interesting to see how both the fans and players react to him. I think Ronaldo will get away with it from the mentally-challenged Rooney and the possible team captain for next season, Rio Ferdinand. A man completely devoid of principles. However, it may be a different story with Gary Neville and a lot of the United fans. United are not like Chelsea, they have thousands of proper fans at their games every week. Ronaldo may not even last the season.

Thoughts?

Numeric
08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
i read that letter also, it's from a Liverpool fan :hmm:

tbf the first part of the letter raises some good points, but it soon degenerates into dog shit, as long as Ronaldo puts in the performances the fans will support him as they always have, if he plays shit then the fans will turn on him, it's his performances on the pitch that will decide

fatcollective
08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
You keep telling yourselves that... Honestly shallow doesnt come into..

The amount of mancs who on the web and ive spoken to contradict what you have said over the last 2 months is 20 - 1 easily.

When he leaves for next to nothing next season compared to the silly money that was being mentioned you will be gutted.

This has been lifted from F365... The guy makes some valid points..

The fact Ronaldo has decided to stay at United for one more season can only be viewed as the best possible outcome for Madrid.

Staying this season means that they do not have to pay a player about £150,000 per week who can not play until October. It also means that they will not be looking to integrate a new player into the team after the season is well underway.

Ronaldo may also have taken time to settle into his role whilst being under great pressure to hit the ground running.

The outcome of him staying is that he can move straight after next season ends. He will have a whole pre-season to settle in and Madrid will not be paying for a player who can not work for them.

United have taken a gamble because I believe his value can only decrease. This season will be disrupted from the start and the player himself can not possibly be at 100%. I can see his form suffering and Ferguson, towards the end of the season, having a pop at him in public. Don't forget, Ronaldo will be going anyway, so not only will it not bother Ferguson if he upsets him, the very psychological make-up of the man, will mean he will want to chin him on the way out.

Keeping Ronaldo could prove to be the single biggest mistake of Ferguson's entire reign and I include the purchases of Djemba-Djemba and Taibi and the failure to sign Ronaldinho in that

The stomach-turning excuses from Ronaldo will start now. Will United fans show their support for him? A player who has been forced to play for them against his wishes? A player who is wishing the next nine months of his life away? A player who has more than possibly lost his hunger, a key requirement from the manager.

It will be interesting to see how both the fans and players react to him. I think Ronaldo will get away with it from the mentally-challenged Rooney and the possible team captain for next season, Rio Ferdinand. A man completely devoid of principles. However, it may be a different story with Gary Neville and a lot of the United fans. United are not like Chelsea, they have thousands of proper fans at their games every week. Ronaldo may not even last the season.

Thoughts?

You got to understand also that a lot of the shit about Ronaldo was media hype and bullshit, yea there was some truth but a lot of bullshit too!

sure united didn’t want to sell him, he’s a fvckin a brilliant player, I for one was pissed off with the whole thing and at one point wanted Ronaldo to fvck off, but Fergie as promised sorted it! ...im glad its all wrapped up now and united stood their ground and didn’t give in to the Spanish! ...heres to a new season! Come on you reds!!!

nick_anarchy
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
re:hab face it , hes staying !!! like ste has also said alot of the press about utd & ronaldo is pure bullshit !! but its tipical kppites who belive it why cos you are dumb bastards , things just don't click in your brains !!!

we didnt want to sell end of !! for the fact that utd keep their best players when we need to , must make you sad bunch of losers sick , knowing what we will win again this season ...

roll on No 18

Will
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I bet you think he's a cunt though.

nick_anarchy
12-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I bet you think he's a cunt though.

i think hes a tosser , and i wont ever get his name on the back of my shirt !!!

iv got scholes & tevez on my shirts , and rooney will be on the new 1 when i go OT in a few weeks to get it done ... but no chance of that prick on 1 ever !!

i hope he does well this season and goes , once we get a player who can replace him get rid & cash in .... thats my personal view

278d7e64a374de26f==