PDA

View Full Version : DJ Sneak Warehouse Party + Sven Weisemann - London

brandnewfiction
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9953/frontdraft5vr9.jpg (http://www.clubtickets.com/uk/2008-09/13/dj-sneak-warehouse-party-presented-by-brand-new-fiction.jsp)

DJ Sneak Warehouse Party presented by Brand New Fiction

Date: Saturday 13th September 2008

Venue: Corsica Studios, Warehouse Unit 5, Elephant Road, Elephant & Castle SE17 (2 mins from Elephant & Castle underground - Northern/Bakerloo Line)

Guests: DJ Sneak, Sven Weisemann and Acid Casuals feat PAPS (AKA Cian Ciaran of Super Furry Animals), Mark James and The 5pm Fridays

Doors: 10pm – 6am (maybe later)

Tax: Get cheap £10 Early Bird Tickets from www.clubtickets.com whilst they're available. It's more on the door.

After a few months break we’re back with our most exciting line-up yet. Thanks to Derrick Carter spreading the love after his Corsica debut earlier this year we’ve managed to tempt fellow Chicagoan, the legendary DJ Sneak, out of a 2 year break from playing London. Lured by the opportunity to check out London’s hotly tipped venue Corsica Studios (voted the 43rd best club in THE WORLD in Resident Advisor’s recent poll) anyone who hasn’t checked out a Brand New Fiction party should make this their first.

Spinning records spanning both House and Techno, Sneak comes to the party with dance floor focus. This is an underground party at a raw venue and he’s going to be playing a special 4 Hour Warehouse Set. In Sneak’s own words, ‘I read the crowd and I know what to do for them’.

Not just content with booking one of the worlds biggest DJs to play the intimate Corsica Studios, we will also be backing things up with the amazing Sven Weisemann, whose recent releases and live recordings have seen him come to the forefront of the House and Techno scene.

Further support comes from Acid Casuals DJs PAPS (AKA Cian Ciaran of the Super Furry Animals), The 5pm Fridays and Mark James who in-between busy schedules have found time to produce strongly supported tracks (Richie Hawtin, Josh Wink and Co) released on major labels such as Novamute and Below.

Perfect for seeing quality acts up close and personal, Corsica Studios is a warehouse with character sandwiched between a number of brick railway arches. The space always has at least two rooms, a large semi-covered outdoor terrace and Funktion One sound systems throughout. You can forget queuing systems to go outside for a smoke, large characterless rooms, overcrowding and over priced drinks … it’s clubbing without over regulation, where you can come and properly let go… it’s clubbing the way it’s supposed to be. Don’t be the last to discover its fresh and unspoilt vibe!

Quality acts in bubbling underground environments is what we’re all about! Recent Brand New Fiction guests include Octave One, Daniel Bell, Derrick Carter, Digs and Woosh. Matthias Tanzmann, Eddie Richards, Alex Smoke, Phonique, Andrew Weatherall, Kenny Hawkes, Super Furry Animals, Agoria, Rob Mello, Ewan Pearson and more.

See ya on the dance floor!

DJ Sneak

DJ Sneak moved from Puerto Rico to Chicago in 1983 where he found inspiration in underground House and Techno music, warehouse parties and "old school" mix tapes from the early pioneers, Farley Jackmaster Funk, Ralphi Rosario, Steve Hurley, and local radio station shows played on WBMX.

Sneak earned his nickname rocking graffiti-tags and began working in retail stores as an airbrush artist, which kept him out of trouble and allowed him to make important local industry contacts. In 1992, using the fundamental studio pieces, Sneak began recording tracks with an unusual new style. In 1994 he met Cajmere (Green Velvet) who released three of Sneak's catalyst tracks, helping to bring Sneak international recognition and a global DJing career.

In 1995, Sneak's new sound revolutionised House music, with inspirational sounds and rhythms never heard before. Innovator to many, Sneak's early music inspired the likes of Daft Punk and Basement Jaxx. (Sneak later co-wrote Daft Punks hit Digital Love.)

Sneak's 'You Can't Hide from your Bud', released on Derrick Carter's Classic Recordings in 1996 – ironically became an instant classic itself – redefining Chicago's underground music scene. From 1996 to the present day, DJ Sneak has perfected his remixing skills, seizing opportunities to work with world-class talent and fine-tune his sound. His highly anticipated remixes take dance floors around the world to levels of climactic frenzy with his trademark take on House and Techno. Sneak’s recent remixes have included tracks by Matthew Dear, Mike Dunn, D-Tech, Johnny Fiasco, Greenskeeper, Wally Callerio, Sebo K, Bobby Valentine, Craig C, and 1200 Traxx.

In autumn of 2001 Sneak launched a new record label Magnetic Recordings, where he has been releasing new music ever since, including his 2003 ‘Fix My Sink’ and subsequent album Housekeepin. Sneak releases have also featured on labels such as Robsoul Recordings, Classic Records, Tresor, XL Recordings, Poker Flat, Henry Street Music, Credence, Strictly Rhythm, Cajual Records, Relief Records, 83 West Records and OM Records and many, many more.

Sven Weisemann

At only twenty-three, Sven Weisemann has already carved out a niche which is unmistakably his own. As a producer, his music draws deeply on the legacy of Chicago and Detroit, yet somehow manages to end up sounding as fresh as a daisy. As a self-taught musician who plays piano, acoustic guitar and percussion, Weisemann also composes jazz and soundtracks - traditions which also inform his house records, many of which you can find on German labels such as Liebe*Detail, Styrax Leaves and especially Mojuba. Despite his young age, Weisemann has been DJing since 1997, although has only recently caught the attention of the higher profile clubs.

brandnewfiction
21-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Can’t believe we’ve got Sneak out of a 2 year break from playing London. Don’t miss this. Sneak plays a special 4 hour warehouse set on the night and Sven Weisemann 3 hours.

The cheap £10 Early Bird tickets will sell out soon. So get them whilst you can.

Also, off topic - a huge thank you to anyone who had the legs to make it to our secret party on Sunday morning with Derrick Carter and Mark Farina. And big respect to those guys for coming along and playing to us few until silly o'clock… and all for free. We’re genuinely grateful for them getting behind what we’re trying to do down at Corsica. True legends!

X

brandnewfiction
26-08-2008, 09:15 PM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4241/thebackix7.jpg (http://www.clubtickets.com/uk/2008-09/13/dj-sneak-warehouse-party-presented-by-brand-new-fiction.jsp)

brandnewfiction
01-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Early bird tickets are long gone, though regular tickets are at the stupid price of just £12 - get them whilst they're available.

DannyBlack
02-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Isn't DJ Sneak that over hyped fat deep house DJ?

echodek
02-09-2008, 02:20 PM
he's that f'king awesome house legend, Danny...truly.

But I'd be interested to know how a "warehouse set" differs from a regular set. Do you think he sprays his records with squat juice, and routes the mixer through a big metallic reverb?

DannyBlack
02-09-2008, 02:31 PM
he's that f'king awesome house legend, Danny...truly.

But I'd be interested to know how a "warehouse set" differs from a regular set. Do you think he sprays his records with squat juice, and routes the mixer through a big metallic reverb?

I can't stand him. He has played down here a few times. Reet snotty bollox he is.
Derek Carter is a top bloke though- i think as far as house goes, he's all I like.

djfilthmonger
02-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I can't stand him. He has played down here a few times. Reet snotty bollox he is.
Derek Carter is a top bloke though- i think as far as house goes, he's all I like.

dont lie danny we all know you dont listen to house at all ha ha

DannyBlack
02-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I own a dereck carter CD from the early 90's- Back to basics mix. But apart from that, nah- hate it.
I just don't get it, the gayest form of music with the ponsiest of elements is loved by the toughest scumbags? :lol: house; paradox.

brandnewfiction
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Each to their own, each to their own.

That Carter Back to Basics set is cool though. Love that freaky Green Velvet Stalker tune on there if it's the 95 one you're talking about. Think it probably is. I haven't listened to it for ages so I can't be sure but I thought there was actually a Sneak tune on there.

Anyway I strongly disagree about sneak obviously, or wouldn't have booked him. Carter played for us a few weeks back and whilst they all have a slightly different take on things I think that essentially they're similar.

I'm not sure how a 'warehouse set' differs really. A good act just plays to the crowd/ setting I guess. And our setting/ crowd is a bit different from some of the super clubs they usually play in London. I’m guessing the odd classic will be dropped and a lot of techier records.

eppertheleper
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Isn't DJ Sneak that over hyped fat deep house DJ?A pretty good, albeit old Sneak track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50x9oXg-AMM

brandnewfiction
10-09-2008, 11:59 PM
It's a classic that one!

If anyone's interested here's a link to an article on the event I just got forwarded...

http://www.365mag.com/index.php?pg=news&recnum=4827&Title=DJ+Sneak%27s+Back+In+The+UK%21+on+365Mag+Int ernational+Music+Magazine

brandnewfiction
23-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Sorry for the delay on this. It’s been a hectic, hectic few weeks. I just want to say a big ‘thank you’ to all who came down and supported the DJ Sneak event a few weekends ago. That’s the busiest I’ve ever seen the main room at 6.30 in the morning and Sneak called afterwards to say he had a great time and had been looking for somewhere to play in London for ages. It’s really appreciated you showing him what our parties are all about. Good work to anyone who was there!

On October 18th we have our last Corsica Party until February 2009 so it would be amazing if everyone who’s enjoyed any of our 8 events at Corsica over the last year would come along and send us into the break in style.

We’re throwing this party on behalf of one of my favourite labels Robsoul Recordings and I think it’s probably one of the most underground and fun events we’ve put on so far.

Phil Weeks, Chris Carrier, Evil Eddie Richards, Dave Mothersole and Pure Science all play on the night…

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=60330

You know you’ll find us on the dance floor. Hope to find you there too.

Matt

278d7e64a374de26f==