PDA

View Full Version : FAO - AcidTrash

C.O.Prodigy
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
A question.

England is taking part in the olympic games under the Great Britain flag as I saw, why is this being practiced? How is it decided which sport is British and which should be contested as England?

I can't have this conversation over here, so I'm asking a British person, no insult is intended.

ps. it also gives some kind of credence to my British soccer squad will win the World cup theory.

C.O.Prodigy
09-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Anyone? NE1?

Aratron
10-08-2008, 02:41 AM
A question.

England is taking part in the olympic games under the Great Britain flag as I saw, why is this being practiced? How is it decided which sport is British and which should be contested as England?

I can't have this conversation over here, so I'm asking a British person, no insult is intended.

ps. it also gives some kind of credence to my British soccer squad will win the World cup theory.

im not sure, more to do with how the olympic commitee classify countries?

Richierush
10-08-2008, 08:54 PM
id prefer to be england in the olympics an let ireland/northern ireland,wales an scotland have there own teams,maybe as seperate countrys they would not produce enough world class athletes or somethin

Eddowion
11-08-2008, 11:06 PM
This may be a bit pedantic but according to my passport, the Great Britain team shouldn't include anyone from Northern Ireland as it isn't part of Great Britain. Both are parts of the United Kingdom.

278d7e64a374de26f==