PDA

View Full Version : Force - TA2

force
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Not done anything for ages.....

Here's a bit of weird techno..

http://rapidshare.com/files/136510000/Force_-_TA2.rar.html

completely unmastered, and not yet finished, so a 'bit dry'..

Comments, suggestions welcome

Force

rhythmtech
11-08-2008, 01:16 PM
funky!!

bassline and vocal stab are rockin it :)

little edits are cool.

overall i think it needs more impact the tone is quite dull. i'd personally add a brighter kick to help it cut thru the mix and brighten up the highs.

wikid tune though.. theres a lovely routemaster-esque squelchy synth going on in the background, what is that?

force
11-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Yep, agree with the 'dull tone' thing, still got to polish it up yet.

Not sure what bit you mean about the 'routemaster-esque squelchy synth', it might be a combination of a few loops creating that. The only synths are a bassline sampled from Audiorealism and Operator playing a 'paddy' part.

Can you be more specific? or tell me at which point in the track its most noticable.

rhythmtech
11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
cant really.. its in the background.. anyway check pm's

Siege
11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Dling

stjohn
11-08-2008, 11:22 PM
alright, yea this is phonky stuff. really like it when it gets going after 3 mins. interested to hear it when u space shit out. cool stuff

Siege
12-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Nice tune!

look forward to hearing this when finished;)

DannyBlack
12-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Love this Force me old mucka. Really intriguing peice of work. I can't wait to hear the finished article.

Jay Pace
13-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Really liked this mate

Nice classic old school sound, funky groove and movement to it and some nice unexpected patter changes. Cool edits as well.

Production sounded nice, warm and analogue to me, will try give some more feedback when I can listen on proper speakers.

nicely done fella

Aratron
18-08-2008, 12:55 AM
yeah i really like this tune.
almost could have been a pounding grooves track in parts. which is v v good imo.

bloody good work mate.

StoQ
18-08-2008, 07:39 AM
nice peace of shit mate. everything is already said. i'd like to to play this track when it's finished. cheers

Little_Fella!
23-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Owdooo geeze...

Good to hear summa your stuff again there Darren... this has that suitably quirky trippy feel you give to tracks - - hypnotic groove with nice patterning... I like how you grind things to a temporary 'techno' halt... :;

Like it at jus before 6 mins as you re set the track off - - this will keep the dj interested in mixing all the way - - this has good potential and will appeal to a wide audience...:cool:

You kinda know all the techniques for clearing the clutter... subtractive eq on other elements so the pulse can show thro the mix more - lovely pulse sound that... bass and is muddy and you could do with some low end filtering to start the brightening process off... removing the cloudyness in this and cutting the mix so that it's super sharp will bring this track totally alive... "ALIVE!!" (Dr Frankenstein voice...:briggin: ....:cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==