PDA

View Full Version : shadwell

Lag
11-08-2008, 09:05 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/136542713/Lag_-_Shadwell.mp3.html

love it hate it

stjohn
11-08-2008, 11:19 PM
this is cool man. production wise, deffo a step up from previous tracks. the kick is nice n round. the sounds and their progression work well, and i love haunting synths.

Lag
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
<3

stjohn
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
]]]]]]]]]D~
(_)(_)

BloodStar
12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
not bad track, mate.

the background psycho melody sounds sick. nice progression on the sound. i am loving it it near to finish.

production wise. what i hear, track is bit muddy,kick lacks punch and taking too much place in low to lowmids. it needs touch on EQ to sort those sounds. also i would go bit wetter on the sounds which play in higher frequencies. bit of verb, or some subtle filtered delays could do the job..

yeah, i like the track, but production needs some work. looking forward to next version.

Lag
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
im really having trouble with reverbs and not getting stuff muddy with those
got any tips on that?

Jay Pace
12-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Run a filter over your verbs, cut out the low frequecies. You need to shape reverb to avoid it getting muddy. Plus make sure its panned as widely as possible.

DL now, will give some feedback laters

Lag
12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
"cut out the low frequencies" how much of lows? and what do you mean panned :) the only reverb that i have that allows me to adjust width is the wizooverb

Jay Pace
13-08-2008, 08:04 PM
allo

Had a listen to this, nice track and you've got some good ideas in there.

Sounds like you've put a bit reverb under the kick. Is that right? There's a slightly washy sub rumble sitting under the track, not sure whether thats a seperate part or the result of the a verb....

Anyways, you need to be careful a bit because that sort of sub rumble will create a lot of mud in the bass part. Make sure that the rumble doesn't interfere with the bass in your kick part, and be sure there's no rumble around the 200-300hz mark as it will just end up muddying everything up.

Bass sounds are exaggerated to your ears when panned, so best keep them central, but any high frequency noises should be panned nice and wide.

Not sure what software you're using, but one way to do it is set up a couple of reverbs on send channels. Use one reverb to create a bass rumble, then stick a filter over the top of it cuttin out the upper reverbs soudns and everything abover the 100hz mark really. Make this reverb mono, or with very little width (very small if any LR offset)

Then do another verb with a bigger LR offset that fills up the soundspace, filter all but the high end freqs then and route any perc, synth or high freq sounds to that, and the verbs will play about in the soundspace and fill up the track nicely, and give a sense of space and depth.

Kick is a little weak, needs more oomph further down into the bass. At the moment all the bass is coming from that rumble sound. Maybe put some more bass back in the kick, or layer a subby kick underneath. Use some sidechain compression to wrap the sub rumble around your kick, which will make the rumble breath a little more and sound more rhythmic

Lag
14-08-2008, 12:30 AM
the rumble is a synth. i dont hear any trobules there (although thanks for the kick advice. i might actually layer one more - several people told me its gay so far)
im actually having trouble with reverbs in everything in between 250 and 1000hz (which isnt a small area :)) and mostly in the lower part in that area. i make it mono and everything but it keeps being shitty.

i use reason rewired to nuendo, so i use both reason reverb and the vsts (native verb, oxford, and trying to figure out wizooverb)

thanks for the advice though. ill try to make something out.

Siege
14-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Dling....listen later and let u know

force
09-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Really couldn't get into this, don't like the crunchy kik and the arrangement sounds all over the place. The 'psycho'ish' melody sounds like its there for the sake of it and does nothing for the rest of the track.

Maybe, if you reworked the arrangement and injected some groove into it, it might help, but i dunno.

This is all just opinion tho, i do like nearly all styles of techno but im afraid this one doesn't do it unfortunately.

Not a lot of point giving any prod advice, as i'm no expert myself...

Sorry

Lag
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
<3

278d7e64a374de26f==