PDA

View Full Version : active monitor speakers

Tony.P
05-01-2004, 01:46 PM
lets say i got about £250-£350 to spend on a pair of active monitors for home use, what could I get and would they be ok?

Was looking at these:

Alesis M1 Active Speakers (can u adjust eq ranges on these?)
M-Audio BX-5s (can u adjust eq ranges on these?)
Berhinger Truths

cheers guys

romelpotter
05-01-2004, 03:59 PM
tannoy reveals, i got them and hav't had any probs ;)

disco diva
05-01-2004, 04:00 PM
are they cheap???????...................................... . :?: :shock:

romelpotter
05-01-2004, 04:05 PM
i think i paid about £300 ish for them a year ago

disco diva
05-01-2004, 04:06 PM
well I guess tony will have to do lots of ironing then to earn this cash eh!!!! ;) ;) :clap:

romelpotter
05-01-2004, 04:07 PM
hehehe there worth it ;)

Barely Human
05-01-2004, 04:11 PM
lets say i got about £250-£350 to spend on a pair of active monitors for home use, what could I get and would they be ok?

Was looking at these:

Alesis M1 Active Speakers (can u adjust eq ranges on these?)
M-Audio BX-5s (can u adjust eq ranges on these?)
Berhinger Truths

cheers guys

Are you using these for studio production or for monitoring while mixing tracks? For dj use, these are all pretty pointless as they are aimed for studio production, and thats why they dont have eq on them. They try to represent the true sound without colouring it.

disco diva
05-01-2004, 04:16 PM
it's for mixing purposes at the moment, not quite sussed the production side out yet!!! :shock:

dan the acid man
05-01-2004, 08:42 PM
i would just get a pair of hi-fi speakers then and an amp

wenna
06-01-2004, 12:15 PM
i'd heard that Aliesis are pretty good! mind u i've only ever had one pair of active speaker by numark and they were absolutely awful!!!

EmotionComplex
06-01-2004, 12:29 PM
i use the alesis m1 active mk2's for production and there very good but i did have a mix through them once to see and i must say it felt very accurate, id like to think i can beatmatch well but when i used them the tracks seemed to stay locked straight away :cool:

If i upgrade my monitors in the next 12 months or so the m1's are going on mixing duty :twisted:

Tony.P
06-01-2004, 01:28 PM
cheers guys, i like all what i hera about the m1's and truths. few people have said the m1's are a little heavy on the bass (do you agree with this?)

have you heard of the Samson Resolv monitors before??
just seen these and wondered if they any good

EmotionComplex
06-01-2004, 01:31 PM
cheers guys, i like all what i hera about the m1's and truths. few people have said the m1's are a little heavy on the bass (do you agree with this?)

m1s can be a little bass heavy but this can be sorted with positioning and pluging up of the bass ports.

Tony.P
06-01-2004, 01:34 PM

m1s can be a little bass heavy but this can be sorted with positioning and pluging up of the bass ports.

yeh thats what i've heard, cheers mate.
still in 2 minds over the truths and M!'s as you can manually adjust the eq's on the truths.
I know it may seem a silly question but what would you use to plug the port on the M1?

EmotionComplex
06-01-2004, 01:37 PM

yeh thats what i've heard, cheers mate.
still in 2 minds over the truths and M!'s as you can manually adjust the eq's on the truths.
I know it may seem a silly question but what would you use to plug the port on the M1?

i expect there are plug you can buy from somewere but ive plugged one port on each speaker with a black sock lol, if you do it right it looks hardly noticible too, but i know people that use a duster or something.

EmotionComplex
06-01-2004, 01:38 PM
http://www.emotioncomplex.co.uk/equip1.JPG

theres one of them in all its sock glorly :lol:

disco diva
06-01-2004, 01:39 PM
where's the sock???? :?: :shock:

Tony.P
06-01-2004, 01:40 PM
ha ha :lol:

many thanks

EmotionComplex
06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
where's the sock???? :?: :shock:

theres 2 ports on the right of the tweeter the top one is open the one underneath has a sok in it :cool:

serox
06-01-2004, 02:48 PM
get JBL or Bose for home use. i wouldnt entertain anything else. make sure u get a good amp. im running my jbl's at home thru a 400wt pr channel crown.

278d7e64a374de26f==