PDA

View Full Version : GETTING A PC BUILT - WHAT COMPONENTS?

log:one
05-01-2004, 01:54 PM
im getting a pc built for me, i know what spec i want i just dont know which actual makes of components to choose... could anyone help?

i need everything (apart from sound card as we're going to get a delta 1010) so if anyone knows the best manufacturers to go for that would be awesome.

Barely Human
05-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Id get and Asus mother board, Corsair Ram, plextor cd burner, maxtor hdd, any decent high powered PSU, any high quality leads, Raedon GFX card, and a microsoft mouse :lol:

dan the acid man
05-01-2004, 08:51 PM
asus or msi motherboard, gigabyte are also very good, corsair memory or twinmoss if you cant afford it, as for hdd maxtor's are very unreliable, the fastest ide hard drive at the minute are western digital and they are reliable, avoid sony writers and rom drives, if you can afford a pentium then go for that and as for graphics card's then radeon cards are very good

Barely Human
06-01-2004, 12:33 AM
as for hdd maxtor's are very unreliable, the fastest ide hard drive at the minute are western digital and they are reliable,

You being seruios man??? Ive got 2 maxtors, and my bro has 5! Never, and i mean never had any problems with any of them! The western digital ones are good tho aswell. Dont go for a seagate hdd. i know quite a few people who have had problems with these.

dan the acid man
06-01-2004, 08:00 PM
we get maxtors in all the time that have just died, alot of them new aswell but i guess its just luck i personally have a seagate and never had any problems, im just going on the amount of drives i have seen go down and these are mainly maxtors, aswell as that dodgy batch of ibm's but the new hitachi one's are ok.

278d7e64a374de26f==