PDA

View Full Version : Allen & Heath Xone:4D Photos and Videos

DougieJones
13-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Evening all,

As some of you are already aware I've treated (and bankrupted) myself to an Allen & Heath Xone:4D mixer. Its a great piece of kit and I've noticed that there isn't that much info about it online yet so I've uploaded some pics and vids. If you want to check out the still images they are on the galleries page of my website (http://www.dougie-jones.com) here:

www.dougie-jones.com (http://www.dougie-jones.com)

As far as I'm aware these are the first on the net that are not the official press pics.

Oh and if you are interested in the videos you can check them out here:

Video 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC3PJhjG5PY)

Video 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCOiIuB_nbU&feature=related)

Video 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUXbxzPUObw&feature=related)

Video 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WuQ40dOe3I&feature=related)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dougie

MITA
13-08-2008, 09:27 PM
candy!

DannyBlack
13-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey dougie, do you work for Allen & Heath? :lol:

Nice looking bit of kit, but nowt really comes close to DJMs.

clubsynthetic
14-08-2008, 12:39 AM
i'd have a akai over that any day,, and for mixing my djm 909 does me fine. the problem i have about a&h is that they are totally fiddly!

DVNT
14-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't have the space for that. haha. I have enough trouble with a NUO4. I've got my amp sitting on top of a crate on it's side that is blu-tac'd to the wall.

davethedrummer
14-08-2008, 03:26 PM
every time i see an allan and heath mixer at a gig i think
"oh no"

Jay Pace
14-08-2008, 04:27 PM
haha
allen and heath
Sound nice, but fiddly and annoying

dan the acid man
14-08-2008, 04:31 PM
they should stick to making mixing desks

DannyBlack
14-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Allen and Heath, aren't they a trancers choice?

echodek
15-08-2008, 10:20 AM
every A&H mixer I've ever used has been in some way broken... I get the impression they aren't really built for club use. Definitely not for ham-fisted ****ers like me.

ritaheed
15-08-2008, 10:43 AM
aye a dun my one in big time - cross faders, rotary knobs the lot ****in broke but yeah great sound

Siege
15-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Quality sound but not my cup of tea.

DougieJones
21-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the replies! Seems that there is quite a mixed opinion to A&H when compared to Pioneer etc. I used to use a DJM-800 and when I first got the 4D it did take some getting used to but now I'm used to it I'm glad I made the switch. The faders are really smooth and the switches seem more robust, can see why some of you find them fiddly though.

Oh and for the record I don't work for A&H... however I do think that they should get me on their promotion team though :lol:

DannyBlack
22-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the replies! Seems that there is quite a mixed opinion to A&H when compared to Pioneer etc. I used to use a DJM-800 and when I first got the 4D it did take some getting used to but now I'm used to it I'm glad I made the switch. The faders are really smooth and the switches seem more robust, can see why some of you find them fiddly though.

Oh and for the record I don't work for A&H... however I do think that they should get me on their promotion team though :lol:

:lol: agreed mate! still though Pioneer for me, top lads them.

xes
22-08-2008, 09:23 AM
"oh no"

I'm glad it;s not just me that doesn't like them. I get looked at strange for saying it too. (but then,I get looked at strange quite alot)

I prefer my humble numark to them. :)

JamieBall
22-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Allen and Heath mixers SUCK.

(imo)

If you like your mixing unexciting and restrained, NO HASSLE ! If, however, you'd like to do anything beyond the likes of what Sasha and Digweed do - you'll be needin' to trade up :-)

And that filter, how completely HORRIBLE does that sound ?

Such an awesome piece of kit..... Except when it isn't (which is all the time)

I've got a DJM800 which has its flaws but at the end of the day it's NOT A TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT !

I just don't get why anyone likes/uses allen and heath - it's kinda like having a girlfriend that you don't bum, where IS the point ?

PS: That last line was a joke. Kinda.

BloodStar
22-08-2008, 08:29 PM
nice, but Rodec is the best! :D

TomFoolery
24-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Allen and heath mixers have got great sound quality but i do still prefer my pioneer djm400. As everyone has said the allen and heaths always seem really fiddly.

DougieJones
01-10-2008, 04:45 AM
I'm glad it;s not just me that doesn't like them. I get looked at strange for saying it too. (but then,I get looked at strange quite alot)

Well you might not like A&H but at least you're honest :wink:

beat_theory
14-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I've had a xone 62 since 2002 and haven't had any problems with it at all.

S.L.U.T Promotions
14-10-2008, 09:28 PM
ive just bought one myself...fiddly as **** but once you get it...your in there...filters are slick as you'd expect and the midi controls need a bit of practice to get to the level you want to be at...but its all about the sound..this shit is ,made for techno!!!!!

S.L.U.T Promotions
14-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Allen and Heath mixers SUCK.

(imo)

If you like your mixing unexciting and restrained, NO HASSLE ! If, however, you'd like to do anything beyond the likes of what Sasha and Digweed do - you'll be needin' to trade up :-)

And that filter, how completely HORRIBLE does that sound ?

Such an awesome piece of kit..... Except when it isn't (which is all the time)

I've got a DJM800 which has its flaws but at the end of the day it's NOT A TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT !

I just don't get why anyone likes/uses allen and heath - it's kinda like having a girlfriend that you don't bum, where IS the point ?

in my opinion i think what your sayin is bollocks..a &h are wikid and i think your just bummed cos you cant afford one...

stick a kaoss pad with it and you got a pure dj set up...all the trimmings...djm's break far to easy!!

liebing and speedy j cant be wrong...can they?

(IMO)

rant over haha (no offence intended j)

JamieBall
16-10-2008, 05:37 PM
in my opinion i think what your sayin is bollocks..a &h are wikid and i think your just bummed cos you cant afford one...

stick a kaoss pad with it and you got a pure dj set up...all the trimmings...djm's break far to easy!!

liebing and speedy j cant be wrong...can they?

(IMO)

rant over haha (no offence intended j)

Actually I bought 10 the other day, just threw them straight in the bin.

JUST CAUSE I CAN.

Nah, it's clearly a personal thing - I find them flimsy and just UNuser friendly. I also use a coupla kaoss pads with my DJM - No problems there :-O

I just don't like the sound of them tbh - dunno, perhaps past experiences have coloured my opinion of them but MEH.

S.L.U.T Promotions
16-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Actually I bought 10 the other day, just threw them straight in the bin.

JUST CAUSE I CAN.

Nah, it's clearly a personal thing - I find them flimsy and just UNuser friendly. I also use a coupla kaoss pads with my DJM - No problems there :-O

I just don't like the sound of them tbh - dunno, perhaps past experiences have coloured my opinion of them but MEH.

hahaha...i want your job J....i heard your a pimp...you must have 10 bitches ;)

yeah dont get me wrong dude i love djm's...but i love the sound of allen and heath...floats my boat...sounds warm as ****!!...but as for flimsy this 4d seems sturdy as ya like....they have deffo cleaned up there act as far as build quality is concerned....if i get you down for a gig you be killin it on that so maybe it will sway your opinions ;)

DougieJones
18-10-2008, 02:53 AM

yeah dont get me wrong dude i love djm's...but i love the sound of allen and heath...floats my boat...sounds warm as ****!!...but as for flimsy this 4d seems sturdy as ya like....they have deffo cleaned up there act as far as build quality is concerned....if i get you down for a gig you be killin it on that so maybe it will sway your opinions ;)

Haha! And yeah thats true about the build quality, it could only be sturdier if it was made from granite with lead faders...

JamieBall
18-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Yeah, here's a pic I took of them all last night - TOTALLY NAKED BITCHES.

http://www.geocities.com/vanessakennel/gen5vanessa.jpg

ORIS
18-10-2008, 04:35 PM

:haha:

romelpotter
27-01-2009, 10:27 PM
i got an a+h and i can see why people don't like em but the sound is absolute quality. i have it running into my computer via a crappy NOISY behringer europap piece of shit and when I record on 48khz it sounds clearer, crisper and generally awesome!

That does it for me at the end of the day. That was what persuaded me above the pioneer djm 800.

Oh and I probably stand alone when I say this but i like the 4 eq's.

horses for courses though

FuK-NuT
28-01-2009, 02:25 PM
"oh no"

so true!!

DJPAUZE
28-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Never been a fan myself. I'm still in love with the Pioneer EQ's!

vegim
26-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Played couple of times on it but i still stick on my DJM800 no matter what, when and how.

278d7e64a374de26f==