PDA

View Full Version : Danny- Conscious Incompetence.

DannyBlack
14-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Here is what I have so far, im minus a break down so far. Feedback needed and appreciated plz!

:-)

http://rapidshare.com/files/137182628/Untitledsession.mp3.html

force
14-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Hiya Dan,

First of all, the drums sound a bit thin and dry. maybe use a longer, subby kik, a bit less tinny. Also, some delay on the hats should give it a bit more movement.

I'd also personally add an LFO on the filter of your main synth/bassline, again to give the track some more movement and groove. it does sound a little flat at the moment.

I remember that slow track you made a while ago, that was f:ucking brilliant mate. If you can try and get into the same zone as you did with that one, you're definately moving in the right direction...

DannyBlack
14-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Hiya Dan,

First of all, the drums sound a bit thin and dry. maybe use a longer, subby kik, a bit less tinny. Also, some delay on the hats should give it a bit more movement.

I'd also personally add an LFO on the filter of your main synth/bassline, again to give the track some more movement and groove. it does sound a little flat at the moment.

I remember that slow track you made a while ago, that was f:ucking brilliant mate. If you can try and get into the same zone as you did with that one, you're definately moving in the right direction...

cheers matey, agreed- the drums are just kind of biding their time a bit. im gonna try and rough them up a bit, i might change the snare to something a bit chunkier.

LFO on the bass line is a good idea me thinks too, my problem is when i start messing with the LFO i go waaaay over board :lol:

I think something in the mid might give it more movement, a funky bongo type perc. i messed around with toms, but i really cannot stand toms!

Cheers for the feedback mate, im all over it!!! :-)

Siege
14-08-2008, 04:57 PM
On the dl now Danny mate.....will have to listen later as my computer is currently spazzing out.

DannyBlack
14-08-2008, 05:44 PM
haha i know the feeling. There is a f*ck load to do on it yet man, edits, effects a break- some break beats... this is a very rough cut so far.

StoQ
18-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Dan, i would remake the kick-bassline to make it more powerful and differ a little HIs and give it more flow. im not good in giving advices ;/ anyway keep fingers on beats mate cheers

DannyBlack
18-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I hear you man, the kick sounds like a ball being bounced :lol: I'm scrapping this tune. I started to re do and came up with something better. cheers for the listen.

djfilthmonger
24-08-2008, 05:23 PM
cheers matey, agreed- the drums are just kind of biding their time a bit. im gonna try and rough them up a bit, i might change the snare to something a bit chunkier.

LFO on the bass line is a good idea me thinks too, my problem is when i start messing with the LFO i go waaaay over board :lol:

I think something in the mid might give it more movement, a funky bongo type perc. i messed around with toms, but i really cannot stand toms!

Cheers for the feedback mate, im all over it!!! :-)

Im in work now so ill give feedback when i get home,
Just ur statement there about toms.....

Dont under estimate the power of the toms.

I personally have been tryin to improve and I suppose learn the sounds and concepts of different percussion sounds, Toms are sweet man and give u a great driving sound among other things ....
Ill send you a sample of sumtin im working on with toms init and ull see wat i mean. Im goin to play around more with the track before i post up here.

P.S. Gizza a go of ur clunge will ya!

djfilthmonger
24-08-2008, 09:41 PM
tight track man. loving the synth work. cant wait for the end result .

DannyBlack
26-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Cheers man but im kicking that track now. The laptop finally died 100% 2 nights ago. Hard drive is f*cked. I purposefuly didn't back anything up. New machine, new beats and all that.
Cheers for the feedback folks! I will be back with more :-)

djfilthmonger
26-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Cheers man but im kicking that track now. The laptop finally died 100% 2 nights ago. Hard drive is f*cked. I purposefuly didn't back anything up. New machine, new beats and all that.
Cheers for the feedback folks! I will be back with more :-)

ur laptop is always dying, u shud get an external hard drive for all ur work and software..

DannyBlack
26-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I have a terrabyte HD on the way from one of the lads in work. The laptop was a hardy machine for the grief I gave it, not hardy enough.

beep
26-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Danny,

I'm new here and your track is the first one I've listened to.

There's some really nice synth work there, real old school (very early 90s) sounds - I'm definitely feeling those. I thought the arrangement was pretty good. Drum programming was fine but I wasn't keen on the kick sound and some of the percusion parts were maybe a bit too light also.

As a WIP this had some real potential I think, it's a shame you lost it man.

DannyBlack
01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Cheers beep mate. I like the synths in this track but on the whole I kinda hate it. it just doesn't sit right with me.
I have kept the synth patterns and all so I will use it again im sure.

278d7e64a374de26f==