PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Qualifiers

Numeric
14-08-2008, 10:23 AM
:lol: how shit were Liverpool last night then? i didn't see it to be honest, but heard they were gash, and Keane and Torres did nothing

watched the Arsenal game, they were shit also but managed to scrape two goals

here's hopin Liverpool slip up at Anfield in the return leg, would be ace for them to miss out on the Champions League

Insomnia
14-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Went down the local so i could watch the Arsenal on the setanta...

Got to say the first half we were really poor, the midfield couldn't get a grip of the game at all. We were missing many of the first team, though they should be back for the wkend. Still saying that it's alot to ask of Ramsay, Nasri and Bischoff to fill the boots of Flamini, Hleb and Gilberto straight away...

Still i was glad we got the result and should ease into the group stage at home and pick up a nice 10 million with it, hopefully Wenger aint finnished in the transfer market yet, a top quailty midfilelder is what we need....

fatcollective
14-08-2008, 12:04 PM
watched the liverpool game, and im quite happy to say they were fvckin shite! in fact they should have lost, never even heard of the other team too! great start hey?

Esox Lucius
14-08-2008, 01:42 PM
yeah they were dire, lots of texts get sent to red shite after the game last night.

DJ RE:HAB
14-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Liverpool were class night for sure...

Will
14-08-2008, 05:22 PM
:lol: how shit were Liverpool last night then? i didn't see it to be honest, but heard they were gash, and Keane and Torres did nothing

watched the Arsenal game, they were shit also but managed to scrape two goals

here's hopin Liverpool slip up at Anfield in the return leg, would be ace for them to miss out on the Champions League

Haha, it would be ace for THEM if they missed out! It would be interesting if they did, but I suspect Liege have missed their chance.

djfase
14-08-2008, 06:48 PM
It wud be great if the scousers wentout.

It will only take a score draw. Just a shame liege didnt take their chances last night

C.O.Prodigy
15-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Well, the champions league qualifier which I am most interested in ended in referring travesty.

FK Partizan - Fenerbache 2-2 :

this are 4 minute highlights without the disallowed gem from Bogunovic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igGBPdd6H7I

The penalty was awarded in firs half stoppage time, it was a clumsy challenge but not a foul and not a penalty, judge for yourselves. imo, he dived looking for it, and should have got a yellow.

this is the clip of the penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3e7FtM-NzA

http://www.mtsmondo.com/slike/vesti/001/064/v106452p0.jpg

this was the second goal fener scored, it was an offside position. Here is the entire goal. http://www.youtube.com/v/VJwaT3D12zg, again judge for yourselves.

And yet, this goal was disallowed for 3-0 and for a deserved lead, Bogunovic also offside (maybe) but it was a lob, no advantage gained from position, the gem I was talking about. - Partizan should go through on the strength and beauty of this goal alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzeHi6BnTFo

I'm especially ticked off cause it was a Scottish referring trio that made these imo blunders. In Scotland a tougher game is played a challenges like this penalty are dismissed if I'm not mistaken.

Referee
Craig Thomson (SCO)
Assistant referee
Francis Andrews (SCO) Tom Hugh Murphy (SCO) - retards!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/res/images/photos/People/Referees/Craig%20Thomson_31.jpg - Douchebag :)

They helped the Euro champions winner Luis Aragones not to fall flat on his face in his debut.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0db4b6kbc3e6x/340x.jpg, I mean he did a great job winning the Euro, but torres and casillas did the leg work. I think He's just not in sink yet with he's new club, and this was a gift he needed.

Anyway, there is a second leg on the cards in two weeks, I hope that justice will prevail.
What do youguys think, if anything at all?

Numeric
16-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Haha, it would be ace for THEM if they missed out! It would be interesting if they did, but I suspect Liege have missed their chance.

aye, they probably have, unfortunately

Numeric
28-08-2008, 01:08 PM
another woeful performance from Liverpool last night, they don't deserve to be in the Champions League, jokers

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 01:26 PM
yea got to agree numeric, well based on the twomatches with liege....one of the worst games ive seen....the lack of confidence going forward is embarrasing....benitez's time will be up i think if performances dont start improving because for the amount of money he has spent this summer the team actually looks worse than it already was....

fatcollective
28-08-2008, 02:35 PM
well thought liverpool were gonna be on fire this year, but same old boring football as always! they would have lost if it werent for Reina! poor poor effort from liverpool! Gerrard out for a few weeks too!

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 02:54 PM
it is lookin as if we need a new manager.....thing is if benitez did get sacked, the spanish armada would probably wanna leave an all and that'd be disasterous....

well if torres and reina were to go it would be...

28-08-2008, 03:09 PM
well thought liverpool were gonna be on fire this year, but same old boring football as always! they would have lost if it werent for Reina! poor poor effort from liverpool! Gerrard out for a few weeks too!

We were poor, we lack width so badly...

We're through tho and thats all that matters, i couldnt give a shiny s*it as long as we are there...

Funny thing to say we would of lost if it were not for Reina? Thats true yer but wouldnt most teams if they didnt have a goalkeeper between the sticks.. It is what there paid to do stop people from scoring?

This team were a well drilled side and fair play to them, they battled well, had there chances and failed to convert them... I think we and everyone else underestimated them really, they are the champions of Belgium albeit it is the Belgium League, but still harder to beat than probably most mid table teams in the prem i reckon...

Kuyt should be gone as should benayoun. Babel or zhar on the right... Benitez wants width but sticks babel on the left again were he has to turn onto his right to cross the ball.. Wouldnt of he been better on the right were he can go past and cross the ball naturally? And stick the goonie on the left...

Feck knows, hopefully we can get something out of the game on sunday, they only real top four team to be playing well is Chelsea, Scum, Gooners have all been firing blanks aswell to start...

Spacehopper
28-08-2008, 03:20 PM
the dismal performances over the two legs made them look a good a side...
they had a good striker and a centre back...think he was a yank...

it wasnt until fatigue set in that liverpool started to take more control of the game, but still the movement and passing was terrible...

for the amount of time these guys have on a training field, the money they get paid and so on...cliche i know....its not acceptable

28-08-2008, 03:22 PM

the dismal performances over the two legs made them look a good a side...
they had a good striker and a centre back...think he was a yank...

it wasnt until fatigue set in that liverpool started to take more control of the game, but still the movement and passing was terrible...

for the amount of time these guys have on a training field, the money they get paid and so on...cliche i know....its not acceptable

Whatver there doing while training has to be changed..

I wasnt really overawed when i had the legend that is sammy lee and pellegrino were gonna be on the coaching team

Will
28-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Arsenal won 4-0 so that's nice.

Insomnia
28-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Arsenal won 4-0 so that's nice.

I hope Walcott does that more often this season....

Eddowion
28-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I can't believe I actually opted to watch the Liverpool match, what a pile of crap.

Richierush
29-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I can't believe I actually opted to watch the Liverpool match, what a pile of crap.

thats what gets me because there always on the feckin telly :lol: :angry:

Will
29-08-2008, 04:53 PM

What, you watched the Liverpool game over the Arsenal one? You traitor!

278d7e64a374de26f==